BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Todd - Not Good Enough To Be Capt And In The Team

So Lucas does an unpunished two footed tackle on the groin of a player and will get away with it because he denies it?

Dont talk rubbish.

Todd wasnt punished because the evidence was quite clear that it was an accidental collision - Id suggest you pop of back to dingleville where you so belong

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

of corse it has ... remember ferdinand denying he took drugs or steroids and then playing a glorious 9 months of football rite after ?!

or when keane puppy eyed the fa into believing his tackle on haaland wasnt intentional ?

lets be realistic shal we ... as we all well know when we had a player get away wid a harsh challange or dirty play against us he was rightfully punished (bergkamp for instance) players who did deserve to be fined and suspended (neill v liverpool for example) were, a player like mceveley who unintentially broke cisses shin wasnt punished so if the fa wants to charge todd it will and it didnt so just put one of todds smelly socks (from playing hard and giving 110%) in your mouth and put an end to your unsuccessful anti todd campaign !

There isnt a sacasm emoticon or i would have used it. But hey Im going to quote your second sentence on t'other forum for a while - its quality.

375550[/snapback]

How old are you?

Anyway as for todds elbow at Cardiff. If Andy Todd wants to hurt someone he will smack them in the face, he hasnt got the guile to do it subtly. For the defence I give you the Dugarry incident. Takes 5 paces back to get a decent run up and kicks the dirty cheating frenchman in the arse. Lost us 2 points but hey it was bloody funny afterwards watching the replay.

375550[/snapback]

And you call yourself a football fan? Incredible.

Oh wow - the How old are you / your not a fan tactic used by small pathetic people who's rather pathetic argument has been shot out of the water in a small paragraph. Bless

Id suggest you need to pop back to here and crawl back under the stone youve come from

user posted image

toodle pip

Todd is not dirty, he is a tough centre half. If he was a thug  I would not want him at the club, because I abhor violence, and if anyone disagrees I'll punch their lights out!!!

375585[/snapback]

Joking aside TDI, I quite like our new tough guy reputation. in fact I've desired similar for years. imo and merely as a 'guesstimate' the Hughes instigated 'hardbutfairandfrightenedofabsolutelynofecker' style breeds team spirit and confidence and must be worth about 10 points a season!

Sure the unfair southerm based media witchhunt stuff from stupid people who have never kicked a ball in their born chuff's grates with me, but we do get lots of quiet praise from 'proper' football pundits, and rightly so.

Bolton alternatively go too far and are the new Wimbledon imo. How they have escaped being tagged with our reputation I've no idea but whilst we are hard we are fair and apart from the odd bit of playacting by Sav and occasional dive by Dickov we do play fair. Compare our tactics to the win at all cost methods used by Bolton and Everton, compare it to the diving, playacting and pressurising of officials by the likes of media darlings Chelsea and Arsenal and I quite rightly feel a sense of pride.

Souness used to say he had a team of 'proper men' didn't he? Well what bollaxx that claim was in hindsight when compared to the teams attitude now.

Oh wow - the How old are you / your not a fan tactic used by small pathetic people who's rather pathetic argument has been shot out of the water in a small paragraph. Bless

Id suggest you need to pop back to here and crawl back under the stone youve come from

user posted image

toodle pip

375830[/snapback]

Where's the football debate gone? If we're going to deviate from the whole point of this thread then I may as well offer you these bits of advice:

1) "the How old are you / your not a fan tactic"

- In this sentence I have difficulty explaining why you have chosen to capitalise the word "how". And I believe that "your" should be "you're".

2) "by small pathetic people who's rather pathetic argument"

- This should be "whose".

3) "Id suggest you need to pop back to here and crawl back under the stone youve come from"

- I'd suggest that you need to learn to read and write before you attempt to take part in a serious debate on football.

You have a nice time obsessing over Burnley, unlike most Blackburn fans who prefer to concentrate on things like 3 points at Newcastle on Saturday, and the Carling Cup semi against Man Utd in midweek.

Edited by spencey7

You have a nice time obsessing over Burnley,

376104[/snapback]

The problem with drawing attention to other people's grammar and spelling is that you inevitably make a complete hash of it yourself.

Then you look like a fool. Don't worry about it. Most of us don't know a phoneme from a diphthong.

Andy Todd's OK in my book, nothing to get worried about, he's a bit of an idiot every now and then, but who isn't?

Van Persie suffered a split lip at Cardiff. I think many of us have suffered the same injury, but I doubt if any of us have fallen to the ground, clutching our heads and getting medical attention. I know that the last time the wife got all stroppy I just got on with it. She later apologised and dabbed it with iodine.

You need to take it easy spensey.

Edited by colin

You have a nice time obsessing over Burnley, unlike most Blackburn fans who prefer to concentrate on things like 3 points at Newcastle on Saturday, and the Carling Cup semi against Man Utd in midweek.

376104[/snapback]

1) You obviously arent a Rovers fan or you would know that 90% of the songs sung by Rovers fans are all about the Dingles. The other one is Gerintoem. This isn't a serious debate on football - you started a thread on a rather flimsy premise that Andy Todd should not be the captain and not even in the team, because of what he was accused by the media of doing in the FA Cup semi final against Van Percy - which was a purely accidental collision which anyone who saw the incident would know.

2)

Spencey7 @ Jan 18 2006, 04:17  - The FA couldn't charge Todd because he denied it, simple as that.  It was just their word against his.

Is a sentence that is more stupid and naive than anything seen on this board for the past 3 years (excluding anything by Vinjay).

The fact that evidence clearly showed that it was an accident is obviously beyond you inbred reasoning skills.

Heres some help -

1)Van Persie shoots, ball goes into net, and wheels to the right to celebrate

2) Todd, running back gives a half jump in disapointment raising his left arm/shoulder slightly

3) Van Persie runs into Todds arm and is also shot by the sniper

4) Cue mass hysteria from media fueled by Rover's "Bullyboy tag"

5) Cue video evidence showing that it was all a big misunderstanding and an accidental collision.

6) End of storey until some little dingle tries to dig it up to prop up a rather rubbish and flawed argument.

Someone had the video clip - can you help out please

• 1 month later...

He was magnificent today although he sometimes try to play his way out of trouble when he should just hack the ball away and today he let Reyes through on him once after he did such a thing.

He has won me over with some of his great performances this season, proving that he wasnt a one season wonder. However, I still think that Zura is a better defender.

You must be joking. Todd was magnificent today, the ball was attracted to him like a magnet.

386527[/snapback]

Truely he must be the "Iron Man" at the back.

Joking apart, he was great today.

He was brilliant today, absolutely brilliant. But then he has been shaky other games. Zurab is similarly up and down so it is hard to put one in over the other.

All round Zurab has more of the qualities I like to see in a defender but if Todd keeps performing like that then of course he should be in the team.

Well we all knew that Todd had a great season last year, but I think alot of us think that he was an average-to-above average player playing well to the max of his abilities, rather than someone who is naturally a gifted defender, something which I think Zurab is.

I think you understand what Im saying. People also forget how they slate Todd after some poor mistakes earlier in the season, calling for the Zurab-Nelsen partnership!

Isn't it good though that we now have some choice in who the preferred pairing should be... shows how much the squad has improved.

We need players who can move in & out of the team. Centre back is the position most likely to pick up injuries & suspensions

From watching on TV, one of the few nearly unobstructed runs the Arse had was by Reyes. Though he's being shouldered (Sav?), only Todd's in real position to stop him. I'm thinking one of three things is about to happen.

1. Reyes goes around Todd like he's a tree stump and puts it past Brad.

2. Todd can't quite intercept him outside the area and bundles him over in the box for a penalty.

3. Todd hacks him down on the edge of the area for a freekick.

In the split second I'm praying for #3 as best possible result, what does Andy do?

Reads the Reyes run properly, chooses the right pursuit angle, and elegantly tackles him on the edge of the area. As neat a piece of defense as could be wished. Showed not only football skill and strength but intelligence. Stood up and cheered.

I was disappointed when we first signed Todd but last season I gladly ate my words - he was quality then and he's been a solid player this season. He was awesome against Arsenal yesterday (I wasn't at the game but MOTD showed some of his important challenges)!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.