BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Todd - Not Good Enough To Be Capt And In The Team

I think now is the time (With the exception of the Semi) to rest Nelsen and try Todd & Samba at the back. There is nothing to play for now really, unless there is a big surge under us and we near the relegation zone. Samba shouldn't be dropped, he needs experience and these games are ideal

Plus todd can demonstrate the "steel" effect for Samba to learn.

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest shoppybrfc

Can anyone honestly see Hughes dropping Samba, his own signing, for over the hill, trouble maker Todd? Todd will be lucky to even get on the subs bench.

Can anyone honestly see Hughes dropping Samba, his own signing, for over the hill, trouble maker Todd? Todd will be lucky to even get on the subs bench.

Who said anything about dropping Samba? Read my post in it's entireity. What I added to the quote I used was perfectly clear.

Todd is still our best CH, and should play when fit!

Nelsen was world class last season, Todd couldn't touch him. I am a bit confused as to what happend to our captian, not only has he lost a bit of pace (to be expected from a hamsting injury) but also seems a little lost out there sometimes and out of positon.

Its nice to have Todd back. THat man is a survivor. Hughes has signed Henchoz, Samba, Nesen, Mokoena and Zurab since taking over as manager, clearly with the intention of replacing the hardman but somehow he has stuck in there!

Guest shoppybrfc
Who said anything about dropping Samba? Read my post in it's entireity. What I added to the quote I used was perfectly clear.

Calm down little boy.

If Todd plays in the Semi give it up now. A penalty conceded by us and a sending off is an absolute cert.

I have not seen the last two games but prior to that I thought Samba was very effective, rather have him than Todd.

Edited by USABlue

Calm down little boy.

Either have the grace to admit your mistake, like most reasonable people would do. Or if that is beyond you at least dont try to be condescending to someone who is old enough to be your Grandfather and then some.

Either have the grace to admit your mistake, like most reasonable people would do. Or if that is beyond you at least dont try to be condescending to someone who is old enough to be your Grandfather and then some.
Fife, I've enjoyed some of your posts but please stop being Victor Meldew and please stop being so aggressive with some of your replies.

Fife, I've enjoyed some of your posts but please stop being Victor Meldew and please stop being so aggressive with some of your replies.

Really? I thought the 'calm down little boy' deserved a response like that.

• 2 months later...

If Todd has gone, which looks likely, I'd just like to say thanks for the service. Winning player of the season 2 season running shows what effect he had on the team. Sure we've had to put up with a bit of 'baggage' but we've got a good return on the pitch for the 750k we paid for him.

A few people lately have been glad to see the back of him forgetting the service he's given, criticising recent performances when he got a game. I do think he's on the decline now. However we've pushed on a little bit in the last few years and the likes of Nelson and Samba have helped us achieve that. For the level we are at and the level we want to get to Toddy is not good enough. Let hime move on, thanks and good luck to him.

Sky Sports reporting it was a free, is this true?

Thanks for the service Andy, good solid player but always a bit of a liability with his dodgy temperament. Good luck at Derby.

Edited by USABlue

Best of luck Andy Todd. If the next £750k player gives equal service we'll all be happy. Some felt him erratic on occassions but I never worried if Todd was at the back. You knew he was going to give it all.

Best of luck Andy Todd. If the next £750k player gives equal service we'll all be happy. Some felt him erratic on occassions but I never worried if Todd was at the back. You knew he was going to give it all.

Well said Paul.

I feel that Andy will be truly missed at the club. A player for all occasions and someone who always gave his all and I can say he never really let us down. The occasions when he left the ground when dropped wasn't to prove a point, but he said he wasn't mentally prepared for the game when this happened after being informed on one occasion that he would be starting.

He left us with soem great moments at Ewood and was certainly some sort of a fans favourite as he showed what it means by playing in a team. He stuck up for his team-mates against Dugarry when he elbowed one of our players, then he dived under a challenge and then......

When souness had signed him, he was due into the changing room before the last game of the season. So when he tried to make an entrance into the stadium the security guard wouldn't let him in and questioned him where are you going? Todd who was just in casuals replied "I'm going in to meet the manager and players" and the bloke wouldn't believe him, so I had to put in my own 20p and how could he reject a Blackburn player from entering Ewood Park!

I'm now glad that he's been given the chance to still play in the Premiership and hope it all works out well for him. Andy, I know you don't read any message boards, but thanks anyway for your magnificent years of service. You'll be missed and good luck at Derby.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.