BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Footy Manager 06

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It makes a Abromivic type of figure appear at your club once you start the game (can sometimes take a couple of seasons).

375106[/snapback]

Remove Abromivic and enter Walker tongue.gif

Every time i select it nothing seems to happen in the first 1 or 2 seasons.

Speaking of fake sugar daddies, is anyone annoyed at that fake team Harchester United being in the game?

Even though I turned the Harchester options off (unticked) before I started a new game weeks ago, they still exist in the game and dominate the headlines. I think that option only stops them from being promoted. Grr.

They are also very active in the transfer market, buying and selling players, and now some of the fake players have diluted the realism of the game that I liked so much.

D'oh.

So does this mean if I choose to manage somebody like Torquay United (not particularly known for being giants of football) and select "sugar daddy" they'll end up with some oligarch who'll pump endless millions to make the Gulls Premiership Champions?

Well that's realistic. tongue.gif

Speaking of fake sugar daddies, is anyone annoyed at that fake team Harchester United being in the game?

Even though I turned the Harchester options off (unticked) before I started a new game weeks ago, they still exist in the game and dominate the headlines. I think that option only stops them from being promoted. Grr.

They are also very active in the transfer market, buying and selling players, and now some of the fake players have diluted the realism of the game that I liked so much.

D'oh.

375284[/snapback]

That's because you need to leave the Keep Players Data file ticked so that no one can buy them.

Got it yesterday. Top the of the league after 6 games! Dickov is fantastic, bought Derek Riordan from Hibs and Tuni from Mallorca. Spotted a really good Belgian defener at Anderlecht, can't remember his name though. Daniel something. Turned me down and went to Nantes anyway.

Football Manager 2005 was really poor at producing good regenerated players. In 2006 this has greatly improved. The academy is producing a gem or two, and I am buying young players with potential in need of massive development here and there to invest in the future. Some of those investments are already starting to pay off. It could barely be done in 2005.

I like the realism of the transfer market too. Rarely are there silly prices and it is especially hard to get rid of out-of-favour players for free, nevermind for money.

The only big disappointment is that it seems like everyday a player runs to the media, disgruntled at not getting first team football. A bit less of this running to the media business wouldn't ago amiss, especially in relation young reserve players who from any standpoint should not be even demanding first team football. There should also be a way to deal with this in-club.

Agreed James No 7, that running to the media thing really gets on your nerves. I'd also like to know why , whichever team i am, in whichever league, the assistant manager always says i havent got a good enough squad of players and will get relegated, even though in one game im top of league one by 14 points, in february.

Anybody else think this game is infinatyely easier than fm 05??? i think it may be the team talks, as long as you hit the rigjht team talk button at h/t you win, that simple.

As for the editor, cannae figure out how to work that one. Ryan Nelsens stats need bumping up badly and i want to change rvn's name to horseman. can only find the one database ('server') in the editor though, and that doesnt seem to change games that are already started? withstupid.gif

Agreed James No 7, that running to the media thing really gets on your nerves. I'd also like to know why , whichever team i am, in whichever league, the assistant manager always says i havent got a good enough squad of players and will get relegated, even though in one game im top of league one by 14 points, in february.

Anybody else think this game is infinatyely easier than fm 05??? i think it may be the team talks, as long as you hit the rigjht team talk button at h/t you win, that simple.

As for the editor, cannae figure out how to work that one. Ryan Nelsens stats need bumping up badly and i want to change rvn's name to horseman. can only find the one database ('server') in the editor though, and that doesnt seem to change games that are already started?  withstupid.gif

378418[/snapback]

First off, if you want to change a players name (give them a nickname) then you can click their profile IN GAME and at the bottom left click give nickname.

Second. Why cant you use the editor? Its the easiest thing in the world to use.

Give me step by step details on what you have done so far and I will tell you where you are going wrong

First off, if you want to change a players name (give them a nickname) then you can click their profile IN GAME and at the bottom left click give nickname.

Second.  Why cant you use the editor?  Its the easiest thing in the world to use.

Give me step by step details on what you have done so far and I will tell you where you are going wrong

378425[/snapback]

yeah i know about the nicknames thing, ive ended up using that to do it.

the editor i've never used before, so i had a quick look up the setup before i played my first game and there were no folders in there - no surprise. i made a game up, played pre season and went back to the editor. theres now a db called 'server'. so i went in there and added some random player (billy bolovski dry.gif ) for a random russian team,saved it, went back into my game and had a look for him, he hadnt appeared. i assume that next time i start a new game, however, he will be there? Is it possible to use the editor once you are already part-way through a game?

Im sure i'll figure it out, a little bit of messing about with it when ive got more time should explain it easily.

I dont think FM06 is any easier atall. Sure any one can fly with the big guns but at a smaller club I always sink badly the second season.

379509[/snapback]

I think it may just have been my first game - i was about 20 points clear of the rest of league one, in february. Now i have re-started with the same team, and even though i have bought better players i seem to be on the slide big time.

I certainly find it hard. Finished season 1 in 14th, season 2 in 11th. With Rovers of course. I'm finding it really hard to sell players. I have seriously tried everything. They always turn down the contract offer from the bidding club. I have managed to sell only 3 players, 2 of them I have to pay part of their wage at the new club... :s

Another major nuisance is the fact that the currency keeps changing to Thai Baht all the time, and the save setting to daily. This may however be due to the fact I downloaded the game off the net (just to check it out with the new patch you must understand!). Gonna have to buy it now and see if the bugs go away. Bloody noob crackers..

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.