BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Footy Manager 06

I don't think the game is that easy, but I do think that if you manage a club in the top flight you are able to take risks and not have to worry about the clubs future like you would in real life. This allows you to bring in more players than you really would and also sell more players than you normally would. If you are finding the game to be very easy I suggest going to the lowest leagues in a place where you know no players (or turn on the name changing option).

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Quoted from thedugout.net - created by eyoung

Hi!

I have made a data remake of the season 1989/90 for FM2006.

It is a trip back to English football's bad, old days, before Premier League, all seater stadia and luxurious foreigners totally changed the experience of the game. By extracting these files into your db folder, it offers the possibility to manage English clubs that have their authentic 1989 squads in the game, like Liverpool with Rush, Grobbelaar, Houghton, Arsenal with Merson, Adams, Smith, Wimbledon with Fashanu, Segers, Wise, and so on. Even Maidstone have their full squad as of 1989. All data in the English league have been tried adopted to the realistic settings of 1989; managers and players with their abilities and reputations, clubs with their stadia and kits, even the weather conditions have been changed.

Screenshots can be viewed at

http://s99.photobucket.com/albums/l306/fm8990/

Please do the following when starting a new game

-Do always play small database, in order to avoid contemporary fringe (mostly foreign) players that have not yet been deleted to enter the English league.

-Do only choose from the top four English divisions, i.e. Football League.

-Do remove the file "init" in the data folder which supplies Chelsea with their sugar daddy.

If you would like to download it, visit:

http://files.filefront.com/fm8990v22zip/;5...;/fileinfo.html

Files are only compatible with FM2006 version 6.0.3.

Edited by HugeChin

what formations would you play in home and away matches?? would you go with 2 defensive central midfielders away from home ?? and stick the attacking midfielders in at ewood? I am trying to come up with a balance that will give me attacking options while at the same time having solid defense from the central midfield blokes.

also where did you get that one from huge chin? would love to manage that team in the game??

Edited by Blueboy Downunder

Can anyone please help me

I have downloaded the file but i am not sure where i need to put it for it to work

help please

thanks

Extract the folder and then put it in the data folder to overwrite the existing db.

The db folder is usually in C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2006\data

Don't forget to make a copy of your original db so you can change it back

Edited by HugeChin

This is my current Rovers team:

IPB Image

I tried to have a clear out and bring in new faces only problem is I forgot to sign many English players so we're a bit like West Ham of the Redknapp era. Currently 15th in the league but beat Braga 7-1 in the uefa cup first round so there is definitely potential.

Edit:

We just drew Burnley in the Carling Cup :)

Edited by HugeChin

I used to have Felipe in my team, had some great moments at AMC.

I've been buying too many foreign players too, even my Assistant Manager is Brazilian :) But I recently grabbed an english DC from Portsmouth, they have a few gems in their youth team.

Edited by Hainesey

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.