SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Alan Smith

benhben

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did look nasty. Lawro again showing how little he knows even when watching the game by saying at least twice 'It looks like the sheer force of the ball hitting his right leg has done it!' It was blatently obvious he'd twisted his LEFT leg under his body. dry.gif Hate him so much!

Edited by sumps

Think Liverpool were chanting to Risse - "Jon Arne Risse, I wanna know if you've broke his leg?!" Haha.

Wouldn't wish that bad an injury on many players but he is one of the few. The challenges he was putting in on the Rovers players in our last 3 games could've certainly resulted in a similar break for one of our lot.

Think Liverpool were chanting to Risse - "Jon Arne Risse, I wanna know if you've broke his leg?!" Haha.

Wouldn't wish that bad an injury on many players but he is one of the few. The challenges he was putting in on the Rovers players in our last 3 games could've certainly resulted in a similar break for one of our lot.

385139[/snapback]

Yep, I've always tended to like Smith, but cant feel much sympathy for him after the way he targeted Savage in the 2 Cup games.

i was grinning from ear to ear when i saw that. it certainly looked painful as i was watching the match but it couldn't have happened to a more appropriate person. except perhaps, gary neville. sad, evil person i am.

Did look nasty. Lawro again showing how little he knows even when watching the game by saying at least twice 'It looks like the sheer force of the ball hitting his right leg has done it!'  It was blatently obvious he'd twisted his LEFT leg under his body.  dry.gif  Hate him so much!

385138[/snapback]

That kind of incompetence in any normal industry would result in a sacking frankly. He said it 3 times. Once when it had happened - fair enough, was difficult to see. Once when the reply showed his left leg buckling under him at a strange angle - very obvious it wasn't the ball! And his final time of saying it beggared belief - when they were putting the air-support on his LEFT leg and pumping it up, right there on screen, he still said his right leg. FFS the man is a fool

It looked like a very nasty fracture, certainly with a lateral deviation below the knee. Don't think it was an open fracture but it would have been extremely painful and very serious. I don't like the fella but you can't wish that sort of thing on anyone. I feel sorry for the guy and I hope he manages to get back to football, but with a fracture like that...who knows.

I've never liked Smith... but please do think before you (you all in general) go on. If it is as serious as some are saying, he may need an amputation. I don't wish that, let alone broken bones, on anyone.

Edited by Shaddy

How anybody can say that they are happy with what has happened to him, you are a disgrace. He is a human being ffs. I hate him as a player but at the end of the day he is human and for that he has my sympathy. I do not like to see even the people i hate in that much pain. I know the guy is a complete w****r on the pitch but he doesn't deserve that.

Any of you taking the childish mannor of, "it couldn't have happened to a better person" should really take a good look at themselves and grow up.

Don't think it was an open fracture but it would have been extremely painful and very serious.

385160[/snapback]

I wonder if the pain has managed to find the receptors in his brain yet? blink.gif. If not its been a couple of hours now since he got hurt so I should think it'll be there before too long.

I don't want to wish him ill when his career is threatened but I guess Smiths injury will receive similar levels of sympathy nationally that Keane's torn cruciate ligament did. Give him a fortnight to get over it and be on the road to recovery and I bet Robbie Savage will contact Interflora to order a bunch of pansies for him! rover.gif

Wonder what it is about MU midfielders that attracts such widespread sentiment? Surely millions of supporters of just about every other team cannot all be wrong can they?

I wish Smith all the best and my sympathies are with him.

However, IMO his 2-footed tackle at Ewood in the semi final could very easily have caused Savage or Nelsen a similarly horrendous injury. I felt from the replays that he didnt go for the ball; he just wanted to injure Savage...

Abbey do not tarnish us all with the same brush, not all of us are unsympathetic for the guy. I am truly sympotetic the man and wish him all the best for the future. There's one level of hate that stems into football terms but there is a line and many people in my opinion have crossed it by laughing at him and saying how happy they are it has happened. It is the mans career ffs, thats somebodies son, thats somebodies father and they are laughing at him. F'in disgrace in my opinion.

Actually on topic though, lets all just hope it doesn't go as far as amputation. It is going to be a long-time before he steps on a football pitch again if he ever does. Hope he gets well soon.

Oh dear. And I thought we were all football fans.

He puts himself about but nobody deserves that sort of injury.

For those of you who are happy and have no sympathy...what sad, pathetic little individuals you are.

I am a Rover and a football fan and good luck to the lad.

Oh and as for Lawro....un bloody believable. Does he really think Risse or anyone can hit a ball hard enough to snap someones leg and with the benefit of multiple replays?

Terrible injury . I hope none of us dare sing a few "Cisse style" songs at him next time he plays against us - that would get some of the posters on here up in arms  unsure.gif

385172[/snapback]

It was pleased to see Cisse go and sit with Smith after all the United players on the pitch turned away in disgust. He's been through it obviously, so that would have helped Smith I'm sure. Either way his compassion for a fellow professional was heartwarming.

It's a shockingly bad injury that I called the first time I saw it (just happened to walk into the room when it happened - I've no idea what Lawro was talking about). It's a genuine career threatening and, whatever your opinion of Smith maybe, nobody deserves such a horrific injury. It's only a game after all. wink.gif I wish him all the best thumbs-up.gif

Oh and as for Lawro....un bloody believable. Does he really think Risse or anyone can hit a ball hard enough to snap someones leg and with the benefit of multiple replays?

385174[/snapback]

Yea sure, as long as its a Liverpool player....

Sarcasm aside, i havent seen many players who can hit the ball harder than Riise or Hamann. Tarnat of Man City also had a monster shot, while our Reid is no spring chicken either biggrin.gif

Sour grapes from Fergie again!

385171[/snapback]

"Sir Alex Ferguson bemoaned his side's lack of presence in defence as Manchester United crashed out of the FA Cup in a 1-0 defeat to Liverpool.

The Reds triumphed at Anfield as Peter Crouch headed home in the first half, and Ferguson, who lost Alan Smith to a horrific broken leg late on, said the absence of Rio Ferdinand was crucial to his side as they failed to cope with the hosts' aerial bombardment."

If the old RFW is depending on Rio Ferdinands ability in the air he must be having a laff! Ferdinand is at his weakest when the balls in the air. laugh.gif

Edited by thenodrog

How anybody can say that they are happy with what has happened to him, you are a disgrace. He is a human being ffs. I hate him as a player but at the end of the day he is human and for that he has my sympathy.

385163[/snapback]

I agree 100% with that, hate seeing any player with a serious injury. Was very pleased to see the sensible reaction by the liverpool fans when he was taken away.

He may have been a possible for the world cup but not now.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.