BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Alan Smith

benhben

Did look nasty. Lawro again showing how little he knows even when watching the game by saying at least twice 'It looks like the sheer force of the ball hitting his right leg has done it!'  It was blatently obvious he'd twisted his LEFT leg under his body.  dry.gif  Hate him so much!

385138[/snapback]

Thought exactly the same myself. As soon as I saw it I could tell his leg had gone at a bad angle when he landed but still that muppet was going on about the force of the ball. Has to be one of the worst pundits on tv.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

as I was watching the match and I saw all the words that the fans were throwing at both teams it made me think, its only a game, is the hate worth it.

Yes we ewant our team to win, but to say that we hate other teams or players , managers, etc, its beyond me.

I do hope that Smaith is ok, no one wants to see any one badly hurt.

As for the match AF must of not been watching the same match as me. Liverpool were due far the better side, man utd midfield was so weak as to be untrue.

I was at the game today and yes the Kop did sing about Risse breaking Smith's leg. It soon stopped once they realised it really was a serious injury.

I am sickened to hear some of the comments on here.

I hope those of you that provided those sick comments all have something equally horrific happen to you, then lets see whose laughing.

Alan Smith's reputation precedes him - if Savage had broken his leg in a similar fashion then you could cruise the boards of many a team reading how delighted everyone is by his injury...but this doesn’t necessarily make people ‘sick’. Human nature likes to see the 'baddies' get their comeuppance and this is what is being reflected in some of the comments on here.

I don’t like Smith - I think he is a very, very average footballer with sh!t for brains who is trying to build a hard-man reputation but is not clever/skilled/hard enough to carry it off . However, I wouldn’t wish the injury he received to day on any individual but the persona some of these guys deliberately cultivate means I wont be judgemental of anyone gloating over his broken bones and dislocated ankle.

I'm not a fan of the lad but really don't blame him for leaving Leeds at the time. Very few would have turned the chance down to play for Manure in the circumstances.

Best wishes, Alan Smith. It will be tough but you have the character to get through it.

Alan Smith's reputation precedes him - if Savage had broken his leg in a similar fashion then you could cruise the boards of many a team reading how delighted everyone is by his injury...but this doesn’t necessarily make people ‘sick’. Human nature likes to see the 'baddies' get their comeuppance and this is what is being reflected in some of the comments on here.

I don’t like Smith - I think he is a very, very average footballer with sh!t for brains who is trying to build a hard-man reputation but is not clever/skilled/hard enough to carry it off . However, I wouldn’t wish the injury he received to day on any individual but the persona some of these guys deliberately cultivate means I wont be judgemental of anyone gloating over his broken bones and dislocated ankle.

385211[/snapback]

Exactly. Good post.

Some of the comments here have been, to say the least, disgusting. As a Scum player, I hate Smith and his attitude as much as the next guy. But to gloat or show no sympathy for someone who suffered an injury as bad as that is plain wrong, and more than a little pathetic.

Dress that up with as much self-justifying gibberish as you wish, it's still the same.

Edited by Johnny_Ireland

I was at the game today and yes the Kop did sing about Risse breaking Smith's leg. It soon stopped once they realised it really was a serious injury.

I am sickened to hear some of the comments on here.

I hope those of you that provided those sick comments all have something equally horrific happen to you, then lets see whose laughing.

385207[/snapback]

"Soon stop"it did not,the whole of the Kop and probably another half of the ground started singing,"Heeeeyyyyy Alan Smiiiiith I wanna know if your f###### dead.

They sang it for a good 30 seconds.

Lovely folk those scousers.

"Soon stop"it did not,the whole of the Kop and probably another half of the ground started singing,"Heeeeyyyyy Alan Smiiiiith I wanna know if your f###### dead.

385256[/snapback]

Having just listened to the classy United fans offering...

"96 was not enough"

"where's your tony bland"

"kill your own fans, you only kill your own fans"

I am hardly surprised.

385256[/snapback]

In just the same way as the Utd fans at Ewood the other week sang "Let him die, Let him die" as Savage was lying injured on the floor, being prepared to go on the stretcher.

Funnily enough though that never made it onto the back pages of a national newspaper, unlike the chants from the scousers yesterday which are on the back page of the mirror.

How crap is Man Ure`s midfield?

Liverpool only won 1-0 but they annihilated Utd in midfield. That was so good to see. smile.gif

Let`s now pray for a Wigan victory at Cardiff! thumbs-up.gif

How crap is Man Ure`s midfield?

Liverpool only won 1-0 but they annihilated Utd in midfield. That was so good to see.  smile.gif

Let`s now pray for a Wigan victory at Cardiff!  thumbs-up.gif

385301[/snapback]

I could be wrong, the final runners up dont get an automatic place in europe so if Man U win the Carling Cup and finish in the top 4, there's more chances of 6th / 7th place teams qualifying for a uefa cup place.

As well as slating Liverpool and United fans for their tasteless chanting, let's not forget that many of our own (including people who post on here) think it's been funny to sing about Souness "passing away" due to his heart condition.

As for Smith - good luck to him, hope he can play the beautiful game again.

What about at Anfield when McAteer was stretchered off with a broken leg while he was still a Liverpool player. I seem to remember the Rovers fans singing wash and go, wash and go. Not entirely sympathetic!!!

Feel really sorry for Smith. Dont care what he has done in the past no one deserves an injury, especially one like that.

Not seen the incident, but have to agree the "gloating" by certain individuals, not exclusive to this board by all means, is uncalled for. Don't like him as a player but do hope he recovers well.

But on a positive note, it does weaken their midfield even further, so hoping that Wigan can do them in the Cup Final and Utd get pipped to 2nd place. Although would mean that we'd have to take our chances with a UEFA place or Intertoto.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.