[Archived] Sergio Peter

mark

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

From Rovers official text service

"Sergio Peter has signed a new three year contract with the club. The 20-year old German winger is contracted to the club until 2010."

"Sergio Peter has signed a new three year contract with the club. The 20-year old German winger is contracted to the club until 2010."

Good, now lets try and use him a bit more - or send him on loan for half a season to get his games up

Guest shoppybrfc

When will we find out which Reserve players are being let go? i.e keith barker must be for the chopping board.

He might not be expecting Pedersen to be around much longer.

Even if Pedersen leaves, I don't think Peter is ready to step up automatically. He still seems raw, and should the unfortunate sale of Pedersen happen, I would be terribly upset if we don't go for a more proven replacement.

He has been okay, deserves a new contract.

Next season is going to be tough for Gallagher and Peter. We have significant numbers in midfield so opportunities are going to be at a premium.

Even if Pedersen leaves I would expect we would look to replace him. Plus Warnock, Dunn, Bentley can all play on the left if needs be.

In my opinion he is never going to be a Premiership player. The contract is to make sure we get a fee for him when he goes.

In my opinion he is never going to be a Premiership player. The contract is to make sure we get a fee for him when he goes.

I think Sergio might become a better player than MGP. I've been impressed by his crosses in many a game. If he can buckle down, up his work rate, and learn from our more experienced players he might just be brilliant for us.

You all know what MGP has been doing with his corners this season, woefull. For a guy that's 1. A winger. 2. Takes almost all set-pieces. He really should have more assists. I don't think MGP can improve much given that he lacks speed, and to be frank, some skill. Maybe he could improve his general play slightly. Though, MGP is a hard player to replace because of his ability to kill off games all by his lonesome. A good premiership side is dependant on midfielders coming up with a few goals.

For me Peter has the largest amount of potential of all the current youth products (that's including Derbyshire and Gallagher). He has the pace and crossing ability to make himself into a very good left winger. All he will need is a good run of games of first team football to refine those skills and get used to playing. He may need to go on loan for a while because unless MGP leaves he is unlikely to get that chance.

For christ's sakes, he's 20 years old! And you can't say he hasn't shown flashes of quality. He's done some fantastic crossing. There's time for him to develop. To me, it was ludicrous he never got a real run when Pedersen was playing awfully, and it's also a reason he isn't playing consistently. Pedersen was USELESS when he first showed up don't forget. We give foreign buys chances all the time.

And like Eddie implies, if Peter isn't going to make it, I struggle to see which of our other youthies is likely to!

I'll run onto the Ewood pitch naked if Peter ever becomes a £10 million player.

didnt you say that about duff :rolleyes:

still waiting.... ;)

id totally forgot about the bloke until this piece of news, however i give him 2 years to get into the first team properly

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.