BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Birmingham City 2-1 Rovers

Fickle rovers fans!! Iv just read all the crap posted on here, mainly by fans who didn’t even go to the game.

Ok Rovers weren’t at their best but we still played some decent stuff and in the 2nd half we were the much better side. Birmingham needed the points more than us and it showed.

Pedersen was rubbish, AGAIN! – Peter had his best game to date.

Bellamy was ok, but again the midfield failed to put him through on goal enough.

Reid carried the midfield again and he is really turning into a good midfield player for us.

Bentley was ok but too much fancy stuff and not enough heart.

Defence was alright, but at the end of the day they conceded 2 against Birmingham, which shouldn’t happen. It should have been 3 too but for Sutton missing from 2 yards out.

Positives of the night was Peter, Reid & Savage’s goal.

Also I thought our fans were really good. More or less none stop singing. Also not many empty spaces in our end.

6th place is still ours, we are still 3 pts clear and I still believe we will finish 6th.

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

rover.gif talking of lucas,why was he left back? why was emo back in the side?surely these guys have a massive world cup coming up and injury is the last thing they need,we need to give them a rest and let them have storming world cups tinykit.gif

In excusable and lazy defending by Lucas Neil. 

400602[/snapback]

I have raised this before, it happens a lot. Look back over the season and you'll be amazed by how many goals we concede where he has directly or in-directly made an error which leads to the opposition scoring.

Dire last night!!! Passing awful, midfield all over the place, no decent balls into our attackers, Bellamy drifting to wings all time & Bentley playing deep so nothin down middle. I'm always saying it but Zurab just isnt good enough! Its about time Hughes sorted out our passing from defence... because its simply horrendous! Even Friedel has started passing like Matteo. What do they do in training???

Seen remaining fixtures?

Newcastle:

West Brom (H)

Birmingham (A)

Chelsea (H)

= 6 points?

Bolton:

Charlton (H)

Tottenham (A)

Boro (H)

Birmingham (H)

= 9 points?

I reckon we could have blown it! Big big big chance GONE last night against a poor side with Martin Taylor in central defence..

Fickle rovers fans!! Iv just read all the crap posted on here, mainly by fans who didn’t even go to the game.

Ok Rovers weren’t at their best but we still played some decent stuff and in the 2nd half we were the much better side. Birmingham needed the points more than us and it showed.

Pedersen was rubbish, AGAIN! – Peter had his best game to date.

Bellamy was ok, but again the midfield failed to put him through on goal enough.

Reid carried the midfield again and he is really turning into a good midfield player for us.

Bentley was ok but too much fancy stuff and not enough heart.

Defence was alright, but at the end of the day they conceded 2 against Birmingham, which shouldn’t happen. It should have been 3 too but for Sutton missing from 2 yards out.

Positives of the night was Peter, Reid & Savage’s goal.

Also I thought our fans were really good. More or less none stop singing. Also not many empty spaces in our end.

6th place is still ours, we are still 3 pts clear and I still believe we will finish 6th.

400616[/snapback]

Couldn't have put it better myself Hughesy.

What is it with people, we have our first decent season for a while and suddenly we are all getting too used to winning !

Almost every side goes through an indifferent patch during the season, and this is ours - its just a shame that its come at this critical time. Looking at the list of results in a previous post there aren't too many bad ones in there really, if this is a bad run then things ain't that bad !

In all honesty though, I must admit one thing that concerns me is the recent performances. Lets face it we haven't played well in recent games and I haven't really seen us look up for it since Spurs away. I think we have the makings of a very good side but the summer transfers will be critical for me - it could make or break us.

Sixth place is still in our own hands and the players need to realise that we have not yet done enough to claim sixth spot.

Come on Rovers, lets have one last push.

We have a week to prepare so give the lads a rest and get them up for the game. There is hope but our away form is s**t to say the least thus i'd be looking for a draw against charlton and Chelski and a win against Man City. That would be a high pressure final day with a lot of stressed out people around but I think it's gonna be the most likely outcome.

West ham, Wigan, Newcastle or Bolton could catch us with a few wins but the ball is in our court and we need to support the team whatever the outcome. We're not home yet by a long shot but 4 or 5 points will do it in my own opinion.

Edited by promoted2001

I'm extremely disappointed with last nights result. It was a game that we should have won, but didn't. We are struggling at the minute and will have to pick our form up, if we are to get into Europe. I'm not going to criticise the players, because they have done so well to get us into this position, I just hope that the season doesn't peter out.

i can't beleve we lost to big club, when savage scored i thought the brum nerves would kick in and we would batter them till the end and hopefully get the winner but (Please don't use that word again) what a nightmare!!!

we were useless first half, bentley was shooting from 50 yards and half our players were still getting changed in the dressing rooms, we wern't up for it at all.

2nd half if zurabs header went in it would of been a different story but hitting the post changed the game coz they went up the other end and scored and any hope of champions league blew up!!!

i don't understand why lucas neil was at left back, fairplay pennant was a threat and neill was there to do the job but our defense was awful all night. where was pongo?? bellamy was always out wide and bentley was dropping too deep, when kuqi came on we looked better again!!!

savage scoring was awsome, bruces face was a picture and a half, i really fancied us then to go on and win it, bellamy should of scored that chance, he should drilled it hard and low of the wet turf, couldn't beleve he didn't score!!

anyway we got 9-10 days before we go to the valley, heriadeson(sp for sure) is banned for 3 games so thats a bonus, we got a long time to sort this out so it's not panic stations just yet though i had bad guts since the final whistle lastnight, well guted sad.gif

players may have to be sold, like MPG and others.   MH would use the money to rebuild the team and move us on

400535[/snapback]

If someone comes in with 5-7 million for MGP then its going to be a very tempting offer for our one trick pony......he simply does not contribute enough throughout the 90 minutes for me full stop.

Just where the hell are our next points coming from on current form? unsure.gif

Edited by SIMON GARNERS 194

Is it my imagination or is there actually a fair degree of consensus here? By and large, it seems we all accept that Rovers have been out of sorts lately, but that sixth place is still better than evens and we all know that we have one class player (sometimes), a few better than OK and one or two fricken donkeys. Or three. Or four. Do people really only like Todd "cos is 'ard"? And @#/? and a total liabilty. And Gray? He isn't even 'ard, just @#/?. Has he ever actually passed to a Rovers player??? Hughes isn't blind and he isn't stupid. We should just trust him to sort it out over the summer. Which, of course, begs the perennial question about funds.

Also we'll have to put up with all those misguided fools, members of the Benni McCarthy fan club. So, taking for granted that loads of posts will be about Benni, what else is on our summer wish list.

And, btw, last night was a defaet waiting to happen, as we all seem to agree. We've got it out of our system now.

Was Gray injured or was he replaced by Neill, being deemed more capable of handling Pennant?

I still think that if you look at our team objectively we are punching well above our weight. To maintain it in Everton-esque fashion was probably too much to ask for. When Pedersen isn't performing and TUgay isn't playing/performing our midfield is devoid of any ingenuity.

Not in the mood to post a detailed match report now. Was sat next to some total prats on the coach and it's done my head in.

All I will say is that it is a big worry that we have turned a match against one of the best teams in Europe into a vital game.

400569[/snapback]

you on coach 3?

I am fed up now, losing to that load of @#/? wtf has Pongo done to ###### MH off and what has Todd done. One minute he's captain next minute he can't even get on the bench. Go figure.

We really need to beat Charlton and Man City now as the barcodes, Whammers and Notlobers are in the race for sixth place now and we aren't going to stay there if we keep performing like this. Maybe we have over achieved this season, i ain't complaining if we have but at the moment we are looking like a very poor side with one top class player in Bellamy. MGP looks like he wants to go home to Norway and do his Miss Norway girlfriend, Bentley looks creative but is tactically niave and Dickov looks like he's ready to go back to Man City already.

Edited by ihatethedingles

Calm down folks. The usual responses on here - if we win we're good, if we lose we're rubbish.

For starters, Pongo was ill.

Secondly the game - first half rovers weren't great, but nor were Brum, although they did create the best chance of the half and should have gone in at half time ahead. Second half rovers were the team playing the better football and looking more like scoring. Brum got lucky twice. It happens sometimes you know. A wildly miscued shot dropped to Julian Gray and he miscued his shot/cross to Butt who just managed to stab the ball home. The second goal was just as scrappy.

Anyone listen to the radio live phone in afterwards? The brum fans knew they were lucky to win it, they thought rovers dominated the second half as well. They all thought Kuqi should have started as well, because they couldn't manage him when he came on. At 1-1 there was always another goal in the game and even though it looked like rovers would get it, it actually went to Brum. It happens sometimes.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.