BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Birmingham City 2-1 Rovers

well at least we wont get relegated, at least weve beaten the scum twice and at least weve still got 4 games left.

The teams looking tired and we're not getting the luck that we had been getting in games

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well at least we wont get relegated, at least weve beaten the scum twice and at least weve still got 4 games left.

The teams looking tired and we're not getting the luck that we had been getting in games

400478[/snapback]

We weren't getting luck at the start of the season, but the last five games or so have been very fortunate. I think part of it is that the team is tired and the lack of quality in the squad is showing up, and the other part is we've been found out. Stop Bellamy and you stop Rovers. Hopefully Hughes will rectify that next season with a right winger and a striker of quality.

IEmerton's 17th last chance to prove himself tonight - let's see if he can break his habit of reverting from his energetic sub's performance back to the usual lethargic 72 mins and then subbed starting performance.

400418[/snapback]

Silly me, it was 70 mins.

Poor do tonight. What with no wingers until Peter came on and with Bellamy not scoring stunners, we look lower mid-table. Terrific flick on by Kuqi for our goal though, we looked miles better after he came on. Defending was weak and their winner came from a god-awful clearance by Bentley.

2 points out of 12 in the charge for Europe - how very Rovers

Saw the game on telly. Birmingham clearly the better team in the first half, should have been 2-0 up, we didnt create anything.

Second half we were on top, had 4 great chances to score, and Birmingham scored on their two.

Overall, the game could have gone either way, but IMO Birmingham perhaps were the better team, so a deserved win.

Kuqi did very well when he came on, Bellamy was poor and so was Pedersen. Hope Peter will start our remaning games, he is much more effective than Gamst at the moment.

Utter rubbish for the first 45 and some school boy defending to concede both goals.

We are not in the thick of it in a battle for 6th for sure. Bolton, Wigan, and Newcastle are all in it.

With the way we are playing, cant see a win away at Charlton.

6 points and we will surely be in the UEFA Cup.

AHHHHHH...Why do Rovers have to do this to us.

Self distruct button well and truly pressed. Since playing so well against Tottenham we haven't looked anything like a decent team. In three or so weeks we've gone from fighting for 4th place to trying to hang on to 6th. I can only see us possibly winning againsy Citeh last game and I'm not too optimistic about that really.

Sadly it appears we are going to do a 'devon loche'....too many players are not performing.

Todd is a f'kin disgrace,a temperimental sh1t who is not fit to be captain in my eyes.

WHAT A NIGHTMARE!!! sad.gif  mad.gif

400482[/snapback]

More than a little disappointed. We were reasonable if not spectacular going forward but had some terrible defensive moments, more than just the first two goals.

Positives?

Peter's crossing was great, as were his set pieces. Not sure he can take his man though.

Kuqi made the goal, and actually was decent generally for once.

Nelsen was great. Very steady. The other three defenders round him weren't up to too much though.

Everybody else was either average (Reid and Savage didn't really do anything too wrong per se, but hardly dominated the midfield) or poor (I'm thinking of you particular Mr Emerton)

before the portsmouth game... nevermind hopefully we'll regain our form

before the liverpool game... nevermind hopefully we'll regain our form

before the birmingham game... nevermind hopefully we'll regain our form

its all starting to sound like wishful thinking.

We do not have any creativity in our team. I really hope Tugay is ready soon. Stick him and Savage in the centre and Reid (excellent crosser) on the right and Peter wide left.

Peter is much younger than gamst, he is smaller, but he aint afraid of getting stuck in, gamst needs to be more tough...its bloody anoying!

PS. 2 points out of the last 12 is relagation form. How quickly things change in football.

Its a matter of time before Bolton win 2 or 3 on the trot then we are doomed, because we arent going to overtake Spurs or Arsenal for certain.

End of the season we will look back and say that had we not lost the points we did against Wigan, Pompey, Brum and maybe 1 against Pool, we couldve been in the CL...

3 games without a win now.

We must get back on track here.

400329[/snapback]

Make that 2 points in 4 games.

We are crap. Bellamy is crap (last 2 anyway), MGP is crap. Neill is crap. Todd is injured.

We arent good enough for europe. End of story.

user posted image

But we really have been crap lately. Ruined my day mad.gif

my confidence is now gone....we will be extremely lucky/fortunate to even finish 6th place.  our form is awful. 2 months ago we would have taken care of brum no problem at all.

400489[/snapback]

If we played like we did 2 months ago all season we would have finished second.

Ups and downs, how it all goes.

Hughes management is falling apart. What has happened to Pongolle - his talk of joining in the summer is laughable - he never plays. Bentley and Bellamy never works - how long will it take for Hughes to see this? Why has Grey been offered a new contract when Hughes clearly (and rightly) has no confidence in him? The only bright spot tonight has been Peter but no doubt Hughes will drop him next match.

i don't wanna come out with worst case scenario, but if we finish 7th we're only one two-legged intertoto tie away from europe too...think i read its most likely gonna be vs a norweigian team, lillestrom or someone similar.

not ideal at all but lets not come out with end of the world etc just yet.

i don't wanna come out with worst case scenario, but if we finish 7th we're only one two-legged intertoto tie away from europe too...think i read its most likely gonna be vs a norweigian team, lillestrom or someone similar.

not ideal at all but lets not come out with end of the world etc just yet.

400499[/snapback]

Trelleborg repeat again? Wow I'm really down over this defeat, think I've been kidding myself over the last 4 matches that we'll pick up where we left off against Spuds.

The sad matter of fact is that if we do fail to get that 6th spot( and yes its HAS been a good season with some very entertaining football) it will be seen by many fans as a big failure....its still up for grabs but by christ, are we doing our upmost to throw it away.

Hughes must be boiling.

I don't actually think we've been that bad lately -

POMPEY away - draw - Harry Redknapp says it was their 'best performance of the season'

LIVERPOOL home - bad decision by linesman ruined the game, we had all the possession, but couldnt break them down - liverpool are one of the best in europe at holding a lead.

BIRMINGHAM - we had all the possession again, their keeper's made some amazing saves. They had two breaks and score both.

Maybe we're just due a bit of a break in front of goal

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.