BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Birmingham City 2-1 Rovers

How did you achieve this?

Hopefully not as a committee member of BRISA? blink.gif  laugh.gif

400347[/snapback]

smile.gif Wouldn't dare do that Don.

As a guest of a company called Black and White who sponsor Brum. Superb it was as well. Seats just behind David Gold and David Sullivan.

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OH Den...

Sitting behind Sullivan & Gold.... that must have been delightful !

We could run a 'insert joke' contest based on that scenario.

smile.gif

400760[/snapback]

biggrin.gif That would be fun. Gold's such a little squirt as well. Considering he's from a big club.

Thanks for the snapshots, SSlater.  Keep 'em coming!

I especially liked 'lil chav gets kicked out', with the

guy throwing up the 'sign' down in the lower corner, liked 'barmy army',

althou they don't really look all that barmy, do they..

mostly bored sh*teless !

Very nice.  smile.gif

400755[/snapback]

rovers fans are wolfs in sheeps clothing

they may look gormeless, but they soon spark into action

Very upset to know that blackburn loss again....

I don't think we have the enough quality to play in europe if we keep playing like this....and may be dropped to cola league because we don't not enough backup...

If we still playing like this, then I prefer not to gain sixth place, at least we won't drop next year because of the europe burden...

only good thing is that newcastle need to play Chelsea, same as us.

desperately missing Tugay me thinks

400749[/snapback]

Indeed Floppers - but surely somebody can realise this and at least try -its just we seem to be so devoid of idea's without the Turkish Maestro unless Bells struts his stuff

Looks increasingly like it's going to go down to wire. Hopefully Charlton will be their usual self at this time of the season, and Man City continue with their inconsistency and we pick up valuable points. All the while hoping Chelsea can win the league by the time they play us, and field their reserves.

Hopefully Newcastle will miss Shearer and hopefully Owen won't risk coming back just yet, not with the World Cup on the horizon.

Wigan and West Ham could very well sneak it too.

At least the tension is from the other end of the table, better than what we've had in recent seasons biggrin.gif

One recurring fault with us is our ability to concede a goal just after we have scored and just when the opposition are coming at us with all guns blazing.  Elation has turned quickly into despair too often of late.  In the lsat month we saw it at Spurs, Pompey and last night.  Shutting up shop is a necessary ability at all levels but in the Prem it's compulsory.

400735[/snapback]

The frustrating thing is that when we went on our good run last season the defence was tighter than a duck's backside. We seem to have completely lost that defensive meanness.

Even without playing well we should have been able to shut out the opposition at Pompey and Brum for an extra three points which would have almost guaranteed UEFA qualification.

Spot on. People still bleating about the Cisse offside, and conveniently forgetting about the hand of Ped, or John Filan getting battered so we could equalise against Wigan.

We've had a cracking season and 6th is still a real possibility, if only for the income. This season we have gained a little more respect amid the football fraternity, and shown a clean pair of heels to the likes of Bolton, West Ham, Charlton, Borough etc.

Personally I'm chuffed to bits with this season's achievements, but people on here will continue to p1ss and moan.

400729[/snapback]

I'd have to disagree with that.

As Hughes has said today we've achieved nothing yet. IF we qualify for Europe it will be a great achievement but if we miss out, having looked nailed on certainties to finish no worse than 6th, it will be a huge huge disappointment.

If we reached the semi finals of the FA Cup and then got knocked out by say Darlington, we wouldn't be saying "ah well that was a great run" we'd be distraught at losing and missing out on the final.

Sure everyone might have taken seventh or eighth at the start of the season but circumstances change as the season unfolds. it would be a near disaster now. Additionally we need that European place to attract a better class of player in the summer and give Bellamy something to stay for.

The good news is that if we start doing the things that got us into this position in the first place again, we can quite easily get nine or ten points out of the last twelve. thumbs-up.gif

The good news is that if we start doing the things that got us into this position in the first place again, we can quite easily get nine or ten points out of the last twelve.  thumbs-up.gif

400828[/snapback]

I'll bet 50 pounds with you that we get no more than 9 more points.

The frustrating thing is that when we went on our good run last season the defence was tighter than a duck's backside. We seem to have completely lost that defensive meanness.

400825[/snapback]

would mean reverting to 4-5-1 after going in front with axe in deep middle position. It worked last year and with Bellamy's speed available up front it should work even better now.

I personally believe we are burnt out!!!

We have played a high energy, physical game all season.

Up until the last couple of months, we have looked far fitter than the opposition, especially in the last 15 minutes.

This now isn't so apparent, and I feel it is down to exhaustion.

We saw the impact Moyes had on Everton's fitness last year (with some players looking much leaner). Yet they tailed off towards the end of the season, which I predicted would happen!

I believe that teams that rely chiefly on being fitter will always suffer given the amount of games played. sad.gif

Just a theory ph34r.gif

I personally believe we are burnt out!!!

We have played a high energy, physical game all season.

Up until the last couple of months, we have looked far fitter than the opposition, especially in the last 15 minutes.

This now isn't so apparent, and I feel it is down to exhaustion.

Hopefully the 10 days off will do the lads some good then.

For those of you that can remember - exactly the same thing happened under Hodgeson during his first season. He introduced new training methods - and we played a high tempo pressing game similar to what we do now.

First half of the season we were actually top at one point - but fell away badly in the second half of the season. I don't think we look as tired this season, as we did towards the end of that one - but the tempo and energy has definitely gone from our game.

That season we limped into the UEFA Cup on the final day of the season - I will be more than happy if we manage to do the same again biggrin.gif

What a load of cobblers. Burn out! We lost the last two games against Liverpool - where we were done by an offside goal, and Brum - where rovers dictated the second half. Where's the evidence of physical burn out?

As for Pedersen going through a bad patch - this is the same Pedersen we've seen week in, week out minus the goals. Some people were blinded by the goals he scored. If he didn't score goals, he wouldn't hold down a place in any prem team.

Where's the evidence of burn out???

Just compare our performances!

Do you actually watch the games???

400925[/snapback]

No, I don't watch games. Played well against Liverpool and well second half against Brum. I'll ask again - where's the evidence that teams are out running us?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.