BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Birmingham City 2-1 Rovers

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A case of from the sublime to the ridiculous.

After floundering on arguably the meanest back line in Europe on Sunday, we now seemingly have the chance to improve our goal difference against the most amateurish looking defence the Premiership has seen for some time.

Of course it won't be that easy in practice with the hype that will surround Sav's return and them scrapping for their lives. However it is a must win three points with our recent slump in form having given Newcastle and Wigan a glimmer of hope.

We must also make Spurs and Arsenal fight for their positions in case the unexpected happens.

As always it's a case of which Rovers side turns up on the night but I have a sneaking feeling we'll win. tinykit.gif

It could be an entertaining game. Brum to give them their due can play pretty stuff in which case tonight's game could be surprisingly open which would suit us perfectly so long as Neill remembers his positional sense and we don't leave Gray too isolated against Pennant.

However, Hughes is probably debating with himself how inspirational "lets do it for Sav" he can dare be. Brum have shown remarkably little apetite for the scrap (Sutton apart and he looks like he's given up) and our biggest threat could well be the ref's cards.

Need to watch out for Johnson injuring our guys though- he is a bit dirty at times.

Edited by philipl

We are going to win, you've gotta fancy Savage for a set piece haven't you, you know it's going to happen!

Anyway, me & me mate are going, see you there! Where is everyone meeting on route or near the ground?

COME ON THE REAL BLUES!

rover.gif

expect to hear songs about sullivan laugh.gif

rover.gif i had a mare last night

brum 3 v 1 rovers tinykit.gif

400244[/snapback]

Same here - and a scoreline that keeps popping up but to who?

We haven't been playing very well and are probably due a tubbing - however vice versa and are due a decent performance and win away from home.

We got a decent point at Portsmouth who are a better team in my opinion than Brum - however as we all know the Bluenoses need the win and I just fear the home advantage will carry them through to victory.

I just hope it isn't the case and we can add one of the final nails and pass the hammer over to somebody else.

So 0v0 it will probably be

sky sports preview predicts a 1-1 draw ohmy.gif

also says pongo is likely to replace dickov but the worst news is that tugay is probably going to miss out through injury again sad.gif

http://home.skysports.com/list.asp?hlid=38...+Rovers+preview

funny article of savage feeling sorry for the big club

http://home.skysports.com/list.asp?hlid=38...pathy+for+Blues

he thinks the brum fans will give him a good reception laugh.gif

robbie savage will score tonight, it's all in the stars i'm telling you!!!

Referee Uriah Rennie. God help us

400134[/snapback]

I seem to remember him refereeing the same fixture at the latter stage of our promotion season, Duff scored wondergoal ( much maligned phrase), can't remember who scored the second, Marcus Bent perhaps?

When he's good he's very very good, when he's bad, he's like Riley!!!

sky sports preview predicts a 1-1 draw ohmy.gif

also says pongo is likely to replace dickov but the worst news is that tugay is probably going to miss out through injury again sad.gif

[url=http://home.skysports.com/list

The rumour I heard at the Liverpool match was that Tugay is out for the season.

I seem to remember him refereeing the same fixture at the latter stage of our promotion season, Duff scored wondergoal ( much maligned phrase), can't remember who scored the second, Marcus Bent perhaps?

When he's good he's very very good, when he's bad, he's like Riley!!!

400281[/snapback]

yeah you were right Atomicrover, bent did score.

i found this link for a match report 14/03/2001 when we won 2-0 at st. andrews and guess who the ref was that day?

http://uk.wrs.yahoo.com/_ylt=A9iby4rXC0ZEy...rs-H-140301.htm

Edited by jansenpresty10@wales

We are going to win, you've gotta fancy Savage for a set piece haven't you, you know it's going to happen!

Anyway, me & me mate are going, see you there! Where is everyone meeting on route or near the ground?

COME ON THE REAL BLUES!

rover.gif

expect to hear songs about sullivan  laugh.gif

400273[/snapback]

The Yard of Ale on New St near the The Newt, not far from t station

i found this link for a match report 14/03/2001 when we won 2-0 at st. andrews and guess who the ref was that day?

Yeah it was Rennie, got a rating of 5 off that website. smile.gif

Edited by frosty

just getting ready to leave work and head down!

brum 1-3 rovers

sutton bellamy (2), savage.

savage's appearance might work against rovers (geeing the crowd up), those idiots in the main stand (next to away fans) dont need any extra gee ups! and he he scores it will be utter carnage!

i expect to hear "i predict a riot" played on the PA tonight! rolleyes.gif

I can only see Arsenal's CL game listed tonight.

I might be going mad but I'm sure our game was scheduled for TV.  huh.gif

400297[/snapback]

So did I.

Extended highlights are on afterwards though.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.