BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Poxy Motd Bias

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was bemused when I heard that too. You would expect most football fans to know that, never mind commentators.

I got about 10 txts in about 5 mons from Rovers and non Rovers fans!

Innocent mistake, I think not! Ive said it before and I'll say it again, a small town club in the 'greatest sports competition' in the world is a massive irritation to the powers that be.

Daughter had apology from MOTD editor who said he wasn't in work that day because he's doing today's show and that words had been said to those responsible.

• 3 months later...

Just complained to the BBC about the MoTD coverage ...........

"What horribly skewed comments from Messrs Linekar, Shearer and Lawrenson. So much ‘in depth’ analysis about the penalty decisions during the match with them all ignoring the fact that

1. Rooney was mildly clipped and not hindered by Reid but then unashamedly dived and should have been cautioned! When he was finally cautioned for a viscious hack from behind on Samba he committed a bookable offence on David Bentley! That should have reduced Man Utd to 9 men part way through the 1st half but that would never do would it?

2. The inference that Vogel just about ‘got away’ with what was probably the best tackle of the match to deny Ronaldo a clear shot on goal.

3. That Emerton was guilty of handball. This was the nearest claim to a penalty granted but the ball hit Emerton’s UPPER arm (not his hand) which was by his side! What do those three goons think is needed to avoid such incidents? Amputation perhaps?

Worse was no mention of the more obvious penalty incident and ensuing sending off that was denied at the other end in the opening minutes when Kuszczak took Roberts out when he was clear on goal and 99% certain to score. Furthermore the 'corner' for Manchester's equaliser was a goal kick but I guess that the gushing, slavering weekly worship of the top 4 clubs obviously need to make no concession for fairness and accuracy do they! I must say the bias continually shown toward the Champions league funded ‘Big Four’ clubs is wearisome and aggravating. Why do the BBC hierachy assume that the entire nation are fervent supporters of 4 clubs? Professional football would be healthier if those clubs would clear off to some world super league and allow the Premier league to take over from the Championship as the most competetive and enthralling division in the country. "

Just complained to the BBC about the MoTD coverage ...........

"What horribly skewed comments from Messrs Linekar, Shearer and Lawrenson. So much ‘in depth’ analysis about the penalty decisions during the match with them all ignoring the fact that

1. Rooney was mildly clipped and not hindered by Reid but then unashamedly dived and should have been cautioned! When he was finally cautioned for a viscious hack from behind on Samba he committed a bookable offence on David Bentley! That should have reduced Man Utd to 9 men part way through the 1st half but that would never do would it?

2. The inference that Vogel just about ‘got away’ with what was probably the best tackle of the match to deny Ronaldo a clear shot on goal.

3. That Emerton was guilty of handball. This was the nearest claim to a penalty granted but the ball hit Emerton’s UPPER arm (not his hand) which was by his side! What do those three goons think is needed to avoid such incidents? Amputation perhaps?

Worse was no mention of the more obvious penalty incident and ensuing sending off that was denied at the other end in the opening minutes when Kuszczak took Roberts out when he was clear on goal and 99% certain to score. Furthermore the 'corner' for Manchester's equaliser was a goal kick but I guess that the gushing, slavering weekly worship of the top 4 clubs obviously need to make no concession for fairness and accuracy do they! I must say the bias continually shown toward the Champions league funded ‘Big Four’ clubs is wearisome and aggravating. Why do the BBC hierachy assume that the entire nation are fervent supporters of 4 clubs? Professional football would be healthier if those clubs would clear off to some world super league and allow the Premier league to take over from the Championship as the most competetive and enthralling division in the country. "

Why do the BBC hierachy assume that the entire nation are fervent supporters of 4 clubs

This assumption is the very reason I stopped watching MOTD a long time ago.

They seem to igonre the fact that, whilst there are alot of fans of the top 4 clubs, there are a hell of a lot who aren't.

Having now watched it I completely agree with the observations.

The three on show last night rivalled the 3 stooges for comedy genius. We expect it of Lawrence and sometimes of Lineker BUT Mr Shearer appeared to have joined them last night.

There was nothing about the fact that Rovers battled heroically it was all about Manures near misses and Brads goalkeeping skills.

Having now watched it I completely agree with the observations.

The three on show last night rivalled the 3 stooges for comedy genius. We expect it of Lawrence and sometimes of Lineker BUT Mr Shearer appeared to have joined them last night.

There was nothing about the fact that Rovers battled heroically it was all about Manures near misses and Brads goalkeeping skills.

Shearer has always been like that, never misses a chance to put us down. I think he's either a bit bitter that he never won a trophy after leaving us to progress, or about the reaction he got from some of the fans when he returned to Ewood.

Shearer has always been like that, never misses a chance to put us down. I think he's either a bit bitter that he never won a trophy after leaving us to progress, or about the reaction he got from some of the fans when he returned to Ewood.

He frequently puts us down. I often feel that he thinks of his time at Ewood as a regrettable piece of his own career hisrtory. For my money his gripe is that looking back he regrets not choosing to sign for Man Utd when he left Soton.

The MOTD producer we know is not a fan of a big club though. He's a Boro fan. There is more than one producer and presumably there is someone else telling the guys who actually put the show out what they should show. As has been said before too many of the general public are fans of the big 4 because that's what they get fed and they don't care enough about football to demand anything else and so they want more big 4 coverage and so on and so on. If you want viewers it's no good saying Rooney is rubbish and deserved to be sent off yesterday. Real Man U fans know that and are questioning him all over the message boards but plastic fans and neutrals believe media hype and don't want to hear criticism of their heroes.

Ever tried ''Find the Rovers'' during the opening sequence ? Not easy.

I've written complaints as well, but I might as well have sent them up the chimney.

I don't bother watching it anymore, just record it and the fast forward to the goals.

Glad I saw this topic, I thought it was just me being paranoid.

the point about the drummer just emphasises the point.

cue blackburn rovers fan banging a drum and we get a snide comment about you would not like a season ticket next to him.

but when united fans are making a noise, its all about getting behind your team, building a great atmosphere blah blah blah

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.