BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Season Tickets.........

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just doing some clearing out pending house move - found some old season ticket books.

1976/77 (I was aged 18) £11.00

1977/78 £13.00

1978/79 £15.00

1984/85 £28.00

1985/86 £30.00

1987/88 £36.00

From 1979 to 1984 I had a season ticket at the Turf but I can't remember their prices.

Just joking about the Turf :brfc:

Edited by Claytons Left Boot

Latest update........Burnley have sold 6,705

that's pretty good for them.

had a conversation with a burnley fan this wkend. he's 51 years old and has had a juvenile season tkt for the past NINE seasons! :o

yes... yes... we can blame the administration- but it amuses me that burnley fan's are prepared to shaft their own club, to save a few sheckles! :D

that's pretty good for them.

had a conversation with a burnley fan this wkend. he's 51 years old and has had a juvenile season tkt for the past NINE seasons! :o

yes... yes... we can blame the administration- but it amuses me that burnley fan's are prepared to shaft their own club, to save a few sheckles! :D

Ah, but they base their prices on intelligence/emotional development and not age...

If the Mancs with their supporters' association and former waiting list are at 40,000, how are they going to fill 75,000 every week?

FCUM might have only 3,000ish but it could be they are seriously going to hurt the Mancs by not being there.

They always limit the amount of season tickets they sell. They reserve 1000s for members etc. There is a waiting list for season tickets still, in fact not that long ago in the MEN there was a story about fans using dead relatives season tickets as they don't want to lose their seats!

They are opening season ticket sales to oneunited members (not on the waiting list) and have not yet sold out season tickets (even allowing for the members tickets).

They are likely to offer them on open sale by the start of the season!

in the MEN there was a story about fans using dead relatives season tickets as they don't want to lose their seats!

That's been happening for years. I know some Utd ST holders who are defying medical science!

, in fact not that long ago in the MEN there was a story about fans using dead relatives season tickets as they don't want to lose their seats!

Ahh.....so that`s why old trafford is so quiet! ;)

I don't imagine season tickets will be selling when it appears most of the best players from last season will be leaving - all for less than their proper market value because the club did not show sufficient ambition to get them resigned earlier. Alao a deafening silence on incoming transfers.

I don't imagine season tickets will be selling when it appears most of the best players from last season will be leaving - all for less than their proper market value because the club did not show sufficient ambition to get them resigned earlier. Alao a deafening silence on incoming transfers.

But they weren't worth as much earlier. Would you have offered Reid a new contract 12 months ago?

Easy option to blame the club, if you want to blame someone then why not blame the players because they are (allegedly) the ones who are adamant about leaving.

Oh for goodness sake - there's a world cup on and the sun is shining. Are some people just never happy!?

Oh for goodness sake - there's a world cup on and the sun is shining. Are some people just never happy!?

It's either Doris or Spenny reincarnated. How did we dare to finish so high last season? It's all down from here you know.

I have started visitin this site less and less because all I ever read here is whinge whinge whinge. "It took me 3 attempts to buy a season ticket" - don't mention it's one of the cheapest in the premiership! "Players aren't pulling their weight/showing commitment" - we finished 6th! "DEAFENING SILENCE ON INCOMING TRANSFERS" - this may be because the club is showing some ambition and their targets are currently engulfed in the World Cup (maybe you've heard of it?!) and don't want to be messing around talking about transfers and agents right now! Before you open your mouth next time, just think about what you sound like!

I have started visitin this site less and less because all I ever read here is whinge whinge whinge. "It took me 3 attempts to buy a season ticket" - don't mention it's one of the cheapest in the premiership! "Players aren't pulling their weight/showing commitment" - we finished 6th! "DEAFENING SILENCE ON INCOMING TRANSFERS" - this may be because the club is showing some ambition and their targets are currently engulfed in the World Cup (maybe you've heard of it?!) and don't want to be messing around talking about transfers and agents right now! Before you open your mouth next time, just think about what you sound like!

Agree with you there Roverrich, some people are just never happy. MGP has just signed a new deal and I fully expect Bellamy to be here next season. As for Lucas, he's said he would look at his situation after the world cup and could yet re-sign and all we are hearing about Reid are rumours at the moment.

It doesn't matter who we lose, its who we bring in that matters, and in typical Rovers style you will here nothing in terms of rumours until the deal is announced, and its usually a big surprise that has not been through the rumour mill for several weeks (Bellamy, Cole etc).

We finished 6th last season, we have one of the best chairmen and young managers in the country, we played some great football last term and we have money to spend so KEEP THE FAITH !

Losing Reid or Lucas is not the end of the world - far from it.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.