BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Souey Sets Sights On Palace

Apparently our former manager has confirmed he is interested in joining Crystal Palace.

Souey sets sights on Palace

" Former Newcastle boss Graeme Souness has confirmed his interest in the vacant manager's post at Crystal Palace.

"I have a lot of time for Simon Jordan and what he is doing at Crystal Palace," said Souness. "We get on.

"It is certainly something I would be interested in.

"I'm ready for another challenge and Palace is something that appeals should it arise."

Souness will reportedly hold talks with the Championship club upon his return from a holiday in America."

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Palace are probably in a similar position to us when he took us over. We were mid table division one with a couple of decent players and a good youth set up, I see Palace as similar.

I feel he could probably do a good job for them.

As far as I know Palace aren't really the sell all our talent types?

He will struggle with no money to spend

Au contraire, he struggles with money to spend and does quite well with no money to spend...

Palace are probably in a similar position to us when he took us over. We were mid table division one with a couple of decent players and a good youth set up, I see Palace as similar.

i think he took over a rovers team, that was much worse than palace's.

although time, 2 bad seasons and him jumping ship to join newc, may have altered some fan's perspectives, he did a good job at rovers and in hindsight shouldve quit after guiding us to 6th.

he'll do a good job @ palace and i expect him to get them promoted, but i wonder how long it'll be until he buys his 1st rangers player! ;)

i'll agree with that, sourpuss came in and done the business back then for us, automatic promotion too.

depending on the relationship with simon jordan and how the players react to his management style shall i say, he could turn them into promotion candinates or ruin them and get relegated!!!

BRFC had a far bigger budget available then than Palace have probably ever had.

Two facts for the summer debate(?)

Souness and Jordan are big mates(must admit to being disappointed with Jordan) and when Souness came to Ewood he had the 3 Gems just starting to make their mark(Dunn,Duff and Jansen)....all the team needed was frightening and a number of the rubber dinghy boys removing(Grayson,McAteer,and lots of centre-forwards)

Good luck to Souness, i hope he gets the job and does a good job for them. I believe he could do a good job for them with little or no money afteral he signed us one our best keepers of all-time for free, Friedel. He is also a big name and big names can some bigger name players to a club, well players who may be seen as big for the Championship. Maybe he could sign Grabbi, we may have had a sell on fee clause put on him when we got rid.

As long as Dean Saunders doesn't get a job with him he could do a good job. i feel Saunders is not coach material and is just a yes man for Souey.

Souness seemed to reach a certain point after which everything he did both here and at Newcastle was a disaster. There's no reason to suggest it would be any different anywhere else but I've no objection whatsoever to him and his rent a mob coaching staff ruining yet another club.

Jordan won't stand for any messing though. The only thing that kept Souness at Newcastle so long was the cost of sacking him. I'd lay odds he won't see the New Year in if he starts at Palace.

I'm here!

I was actually enjoying football without the dozy ######'s stupid utterances. Hopefully Jordan will see the light, but he'll fail there as he has done for the past 4 years. Not that I mind- when they're relegated to the first division it's another London game for me to go and see Grimsby.

Just out of interest Jan, how many teams do you follow?

Whilst I don't particularly bear Souness any malice, I would happily see Palace relegated to the Conference. I remember "Glad All Over" at Selhurst Park, 89.

Just out of interest Jan, how many teams do you follow?

Whilst I don't particularly bear Souness any malice, I would happily see Palace relegated to the Conference. I remember "Glad All Over" at Selhurst Park, 89.

Celtic, Scotland, Blackburn and wherever Crofty's playing

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.