BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Look What I Found On The Internet

And how exactly did you happen to stumble upon that site?

I suspected the Mrs might be sleeping around and she had already caught me following her in the street disguised as a post box so I needed to find another way :P

Edited by Cocker

It seems as if the whole planet searches 'YouTube' at the moment, and occasionally you watch a clip that leaves you open mouthed.

Powerful stuff here

:(

AS, I found the footage, but more specifically, John Helm's commentary, morbidly compelling. What's John Helm like? I tried to dig up a photo, and some type of biography of his career. Other than a few paragraphs on wikipedia, there is not much.

What's his story? Is he celebrity shy? Does he give interviews? Do punditry?

John Helm's commentary.......

What's his story? Is he celebrity shy? Does he give interviews? Do punditry?

Shaddy, no inside info from me other than he's been doing sports commentary (mainly football, but the likes of rugby league too) on Yorkshire TV for years. Think he still does.

I'll admit my involvement in this, I was part of the process that got the whacking great LED "No Entry" signs authorised.

They light up like Blackpool illuminations.

The site is the centre of Manchester which has been pedestrianised apart from the mini-buses that pootle about the place. When the mini-buses approach the bollards, the latter drop to ground level, and as soon as the mini-buses go past the bollards pop up again.

Enjoy the sight of a few drivers who have not got brains

bollards

I'll admit my involvement in this, I was part of the process that got the whacking great LED "No Entry" signs authorised.

The site is the centre of Manchester which has been pedestrianised apart from the mini-buses that pootle about the place. When the mini-buses approach the bollards, the latter drop to ground level, and as soon as the mini-buses go past the bollards pop up again.

bollards

:lol: :lol:

Serves them right. I love it when people think the rules of the road apply to everyone but them and then get done hook line and sinker.

Especially delivery van man and the Chelsea tractor

bollards

Haha!! I've never actually seen it happen.

But it seems that near enough every day there's some daft sod in the Manchester Evening News complaining about them bollards. Then the next day there is someone else telling these people not to be so stupid trying to drive through bollards, and so it goes on like a pantomime.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.