BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Drummers: Should They Stay Or Should They Go

Should They Stay or Should They Go  

269 members have voted

1. 1. Should They Stay or Should They Go ?

• Keep Them. I like them.
    • Keep Them. But get them to drum in time
    • Keep Them. But get them to stop trying to put off the keeper
    • Keep Them. But only for big games
    • I simply don't care.
    • Get Rid. Simple as that

This poll is closed to new votes

So, do we fiddle while Rome burns? That's what it looks like.

Now there's the answer. Fiddles, with drummers. Oirish dancing along the Riverside with yer man Flatley leading the troupe. Hughes showing his Celtic roots and flaunting himself with scantily-clad Dublin maidens. Their gently oiled thighs glistening in the light of the Ewood Park floodlights, as their barely buttock-covering mini-skirts.....................

Solution! Guinness! Feck! Bugger! Feck!

And Feck!

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Likewise - couldn't give a toss, bigger things to worry about at Ewood than a couple of blokes trying to help rather than whine about it on MB's.

Overall, they get it wrong sometimes. Other times they get it right.

I'm more interested in using any influence this website has to suggest how we break BRFC out of the provincial trap in which it finds itself surrounded by intense rivals and the inability to secure the critical mass of support, commercial and spectating, that is essential to remain a viable Premiership concern. We are punching above our weight big time and that is not sustainable in the longer term.

In this context, whether a couple of blokes bang a drum or not is, IMO, irrelevant.

Seriously...you should go into politics. :tu:

Couldn't there be some way to get some of the more vocal fans to link in with the drummers? There's been many a song cut off just as it was beginning with a THUD, THUD...does BRISA contain many of the louder singers in the BBE? Maybe a bit of choreography is needed.

They certainly do it in Italy, the Ultras get the fans working together to help boost the atmosphere. That said, probably goes a bit far at Lazio with all the Mussolini salutes (lovingly recreated by Di Canio when he was there) and bizarre Aryan warriors/Nordic Gods they have on their huge flags.

Edited by FourLaneBlue

I cant believe the percentage for getting rid of them has come down so much-

the world has gone crazy :o

Strange.

Last time there was a vote on this subject the same thing happened. The votes in favour of the drummers mysteriously kept creeping up.

It must be quiet people - they rarely post any opinion to go with their votes.

That trend was noticeable last time as well!

• 4 weeks later...

Special needs.

Since when were football and drums inseperable. Is there some musical heritage that I am missing? Was it really Andre Previn and not Bob Stokoe who masterminded Sunderland's FA Cup win?

If you like drums at the football I suggest you must be a johnny-come-lately type who would be better off at the Royal Tournament.

Drum near me and I will kill you.

I usually sit 20 odd rows back on the Blackburn End, right up against the sidewall (JW side). I think the sound of the drummers must be muted in that position.

Today (thanks to the ticket from Preston Blue :tu: ) I was up in the top tier of the JW, level with the Blackburn End penalty spot.

The noise of the drummers - yeah all FOUR of them - dominates the "normal" noise off the Blackburn End and every other part of the ground. They are a constant distraction and a total embarrassment. They are killing the good work of the more vocal elements of the Blackburn End.

You could claim they start one or two "Get Into Them" or "Mark Hughes Blue and White Army" efforts - about all you can start with a drum - but the crowd would start chants anyway if the drummers weren't there.

They have to be asked to stop. I know Adult Drummer is a passionate fan, well it's time for him to turn up, pay for his seat home and away, and exercise the lungs instead of the right arm.

I usually sit 20 odd rows back on the Blackburn End, right up against the sidewall (JW side). I think the sound of the drummers must be muted in that position.

Today (thanks to the ticket from Preston Blue :tu: ) I was up in the top tier of the JW, level with the Blackburn End penalty spot.

The noise of the drummers - yeah all FOUR of them - dominates the "normal" noise off the Blackburn End and every other part of the ground. They are a constant distraction and a total embarrassment. They are killing the good work of the more vocal elements of the Blackburn End.

You could claim they start one or two "Get Into Them" or "Mark Hughes Blue and White Army" efforts - about all you can start with a drum - but the crowd would start chants anyway if the drummers weren't there.

They have to be asked to stop. I know Adult Drummer is a passionate fan, well it's time for him to turn up, pay for his seat home and away, and exercise the lungs instead of the right arm.

agreed 100%.

Do they get free tickets? It's been mentioned before but was only answered in as much as they don't get free SEASON tickets...which wasn't the question.

Frankly I think it often ruins what chance there is of an atmosphere building and whenever there is a decent atmosphere it is in spite of the drummers rather than being helped by them. They are trying to help Rovers I know and are committed fans but it contributes to lacklustre atmospheres which contributes to less fans wanting to go...and it's not like we have enough as it is.

Kick the crap out of them and break their drums. God, I'd be positively homicidal if my seat was near that constant BOOM BOOM BOOM. No tune, no sense of rhythm, just noise. If there was a band like in the French rugby games in Paris, then that's OK providing they don't play The Great Escape. Tuneless noise is not conducive to good atmosphere.

• 3 weeks later...

My son always shouts at the drummer that his subtle tactic aimed at distracting the opposition goalkeeper at the moment of launching a goal kick just isn't working (he abbreviates all that and adds an expletive or two), instead advising him that he may as well try a Duck-Call.

What he doesn't know is, that I've bought him an ACME Duck Lure from EBay to present to him around birthday time - so expect quacks after Nov 2nd, from the Blackburn End. The only trouble is the thing looks like a shortened blow-gun so he may well get thrown out for attempting to dart the opposition into sedation.

(yes I know it's puerile but I have to get my kicks where I can at my age)

Well it seems nothing is to be done about these pests despite overwhelming evidence that they are just not wanted . BRISA , if they still exist , don't seem to be interested .....A pity , because the games coming up would have been ideal for a trial period to prove that they are a waste of space . Personally I just don't know how those in the Blackburn End can tolerate them ; I'd prefer not to go if I had a free ticket for the BE .

the worst thing ever at rovers is when everyone in BBE is getting going with a chant and the drummers start a different one, really annoys me and im pretty sure it annoys everyone else!! but getting rid of them completely mite have a bad effect... the drummers do get the BBE going some of the time, getting rid could end up with a quieter atmosphere... what you think??

Drumming makes you deaf!

Why can't the drum boys hear when the BBE starts a song! Its almost like they think they are in competition with the rest of the fans to see who can start the most songs. They seem to want to drown out our own chants with

bang......bang.....bang bang bang .....bang bang bang bang..BANG BANG

Edited by 3rdpillar

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.