Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Captain?

ABBEY

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

in the 1st half against arse why did lucas argue about the ball going out play and us getting the throw in??riversiders did it look different than it it did from the bbe?

he might have thought he was playing in a red shirt

1. They have better reserves.

2. He hsa actually signed an agreement for somebody else.

what does that matter?

A player who want's away from the club should not be made Captain, do you know any other clubs that will do that?

he might have thought he was playing in a red shirt

what does that matter?

A player who want's away from the club should not be made Captain, do you know any other clubs that will do that?

Off the top of my head Southampton did it with Beattie and Fulham did it with Boa Morte. There must be a few others.

Mark Hughes isn't stupid - something people seem to be very strongly implying. He knows what the situation is!

Off the top of my head Southampton did it with Beattie and Fulham did it with Boa Morte. There must be a few others.

Mark Hughes isn't stupid - something people seem to be very strongly implying. He knows what the situation is!

yes and i heard the Fulham fans were booing him on Saturday as well, so the fans who say they will not boo Neil when he comes back to play against us, i think are talking crap.

yes and i heard the Fulham fans were booing him on Saturday as well, so the fans who say they will not boo Neil when he comes back to play against us, i think are talking crap.

He'll definitely get booed. The people who say they won't boo him probably won't boo him, but the vast majority almost certainly will.

That's getting off the point though. Do you think Mark Hughes (a very talented manager) continues to play captain Lucas because:

1)He hates Rovers and doesn't know what is best for us, or

2)He thinks Neill has been doing a professional job and is one of our better defenders?

He'll definitely get booed. The people who say they won't boo him probably won't boo him, but the vast majority almost certainly will.

That's getting off the point though. Do you think Mark Hughes (a very talented manager) continues to play captain Lucas because:

1)He hates Rovers and doesn't know what is best for us, or

2)He thinks Neill has been doing a professional job and is one of our better defenders?

i don't mind Neil playing for us in the team because he is a good defender, but i would rather have someone who is committed and has passion for the Club like Savage or big Brad to be captain then a want away.

i don't mind Neil playing for us in the team because he is a good defender, but i would rather have someone who is committed and has passion for the Club like Savage or big Brad to be captain then a want away.

Don't get me wrong, I agree with that. I certainly hope that once Nelsen returns he will be club captain. I just think that whilst Mark Hughes trusts Neill, and he has no reason not to, we should refrain from questioning his commitment. Sparky is one of the most competitive players in recent times - he would be the first to know if anything was below 100%.

Edited by bellamy11

I agree with that:

- If he's our player he should be in the team as he is good (possibly at LB when Bentley is back). He played well against Arsenal and was one of the only ones getting stressed with their timewasting and injury-faking.

BUT - IMO he shouldn't be captain, because he wants to leave. Give it Ooijer/Sav/Tugay

who's going to be captain now that it looks like Neills gone and Todd's possibly on his way to 'gers?!

Not a lot of captain material in the first team is there...i'm not a fan of keepers as captains, and Tugay doesn't play all the time so who does that leave?

who's going to be captain now that it looks like Neills gone and Todd's possibly on his way to 'gers?!

Not a lot of captain material in the first team is there...i'm not a fan of keepers as captains, and Tugay doesn't play all the time so who does that leave?

Dunn of course :)

I would say Ooijer until the Admiral is back.

a certain Robbie Savage or the big Kiwi when he's back are my favourites

Dunn of course :)

I would say Ooijer until the Admiral is back.

It stands out like canine testicles that Nelsen is Hughes' long-term/medium-term choice as skipper.

Otherwise, why give the armband short-term to Gollum's Ocker flake?? As pointed out by many listees, there were/are far more deserving cases...

Savage said on his BBC interview that he was happy to be captaining us for the first time but that he looked forward to giving it to our captain Ryan Nelsen soon as he is a true leader.

So I guess that confirms it! :)

That was Sav being Sav. A true gent.

savage also said "it was an honour and i thoroughly enjoyed it" :rover:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.