SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Captain?

ABBEY

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1st chance iv had to get on here since last week and after his goal celebration there is only one word for Lucas Neill and it Rhymes with Banker!!

Sell him on the 1st of Jan. Bye bye big head!

You just contradicted yourself, big head doesn't rhyme with banker. Neither does "best defender right-left-central in the league behind Gallas", so I'll just have to disagree with you.

First post on this issue (first post in about 3months for me!), lost all respect for the guy. Granted he's a quality player but he doesn't want to be here and we (its seems) want him out too!

EFF OFF Lucas

See that's the thing, he obviously has no problem being here, he just doesn't want to stay here and there is a big difference. He seems perfectly happy to be sitting out his contract and will perform just the same, he just wants a move to a bigger club, which I think we could all understand.

The guy will be gone in a few weeks most likely. No point rocking the boat now...keep him in the team and as captain while benefiting us. Taking the armband off him will do no good and might be resented by the other players. Neill seems a popular character at the club and it seems the players have no problem with his captaincy.

Best to let sleeping dogs lie...won't be long now until the likes of Barcelona and AC Milan are duking it out for his services. When Lucas wakes up from that dream he'll probably go to Liverpool as they are likely to be the only big club to be in for him.

Can't say I blame him really...we've had far more disloyal players than he at the club recently.

Hope he doesn't slag off the club and the town when he leaves though despite the recent incidents...that would just show a lack of gratitude to the people who paid good money to support him for years. Like Stephane Henchoz did. And Richard Witschge. And...are there any others?

Edited by FourLaneBlue

The guy will be gone in a few weeks most likely. No point rocking the boat now...keep him in the team and as captain while benefiting us. Taking the armband off him will do no good and might be resented by the other players. Neill seems a popular character at the club and it seems the players have no problem with his captaincy.

Best to let sleeping dogs lie...won't be long now until the likes of Barcelona and AC Milan are duking it out for his services. When Lucas wakes up from that dream he'll probably go to Liverpool as they are likely to be the only big club to be in for him.

Can't say I blame him really...we've had far more disloyal players than he at the club recently.

Hope he doesn't slag off the club and the town when he leaves though despite the recent incidents...that would just show a lack of gratitude to the people who paid good money to support him for years. Like Stephane Henchoz did. And Richard Witschge. And...are there any others?

who was the player who complained it was to cold in lancashire and it rained to much?

i remember we had a pretty decent turkish left back but i cant remember his name, was it unsal? he left because he was homesick i seem to recall?

Edited by jansenpresty10@wales

That's right, Unsal. Too bad he didn't like it in England, he had a classy left foot.

Hakan Unsal had a crumper of a left foot!

As for Neill - good luck to him - if I want to change jobs, I go ahead and do it.

I will be glad when the whole thing is over, but people must remember that he played his part on saturday to earn us 3 points we desperately needed - a job he is paid to do.

Big head, two faced, arrogant - whatever. He is off, so thanks for the effort. Barcelona though................? :blink:

People do let their love of Rovers dominate over rational thinking. People were even questioning why Bellamy wanted to leave us for Liverpool. I'm sure Craig is sat at home now contemplating the Champions League knockout game at the Nou Camp thinking "....if only I'd stopped at Ewood" The cry in the summer though was that Bellamy didnt let the club know what he was doing till too late, and lied to the fans about his get-out clause.

Players want to spend their careers playing in the biggest games possible. At 28, Neill now sees this iast the best chance he'll have of going to a genuine 'big' club (i.e not Tottenham or Brum). Perfectly logical thinking by the man and yet he gets booed for it?

I wonder how many of these people who now boo Neill are ones who moaned at the treatment dished out to Alan Shearer, who was far less open about his departure?

People do let their love of Rovers dominate over rational thinking. People were even questioning why Bellamy wanted to leave us for Liverpool. I'm sure Craig is sat at home now contemplating the Champions League knockout game at the Nou Camp thinking "....if only I'd stopped at Ewood" The cry in the summer though was that Bellamy didnt let the club know what he was doing till too late, and lied to the fans about his get-out clause.

Players want to spend their careers playing in the biggest games possible. At 28, Neill now sees this iast the best chance he'll have of going to a genuine 'big' club (i.e not Tottenham or Brum). Perfectly logical thinking by the man and yet he gets booed for it?

I wonder how many of these people who now boo Neill are ones who moaned at the treatment dished out to Alan Shearer, who was far less open about his departure?

Shearer only went because Newcastle came in for him, just like Bellamy with liverpool

If thats what you want to believe. You think if Arsenal or Man U had wanted Bellamy and had come in for him he would have turned them down??

If Shearer had no intention of going anywhere else bar Newcastle then why have talks with Man U in 1996?

I'm not saying boo any of them. It's just Lucas is the most innocent of the 3 IMO

Edited by Hasta

If thats what you want to believe. You think if Arsenal or Man U had wanted Bellamy and had come in for him he would have turned them down??

If Shearer had no intention of going anywhere else bar Newcastle then why have talks with Man U in 1996?

I'm not saying boo any of them. It's just Lucas is the most innocent of the 3 IMO

thats what Bellamy and Shearer have quoted in the past so yes.

For lucas the main reason why i think the fans are starting to boo is not because he wants to leave it's because he has the captain's armband on.

Anyway i don't want to bring up that debate up again

thats what Bellamy and Shearer have quoted in the past so yes.

For lucas the main reason why i think the fans are starting to boo is not because he wants to leave it's because he has the captain's armband on.

Anyway i don't want to bring up that debate up again

Fair enough. I would say that I also wouldnt have him as captain as we'll need a new one soon enough and whoever it may be may as well get used to the job now. However its no good booing Neill as its not his fault, it's the managers.

Edited by Hasta

Players want to spend their careers playing in the biggest games possible.

Bellamy hasn't played in very many of those though, and seems to be overlooked for the biggest games. Not sure if he'd consider it a great move with the benefit of hindsight.

IMO Neill will never see the light of day at Liverpool. If it's what he wants good luck to him though.

will he capt v the hub stealers?

Shouldn't even be considered for selection.

Bellamy hasn't played in very many of those though, and seems to be overlooked for the biggest games. Not sure if he'd consider it a great move with the benefit of hindsight.

IMO Neill will never see the light of day at Liverpool. If it's what he wants good luck to him though.

Shouldn't even be considered for selection.

shouldnt be capt either but he is

"Ninety nine per cent of Blackburn fans are excellent. I have a good rapport with them.

"(The goal) just gave a few people a reminder that I am fully committed to this club regardless of what everyone keeps reading about."

I've just read this quote from AdelaideNow from a link on the transfer topic.

Something like this, a direct quote from Lucas to the Lancashire Telegragh or from the club on its website is all what was needed weeks ago.

Nothing wrong with him wanting to leave. If anything, by leaving in January he is doing us a favour because we should be able to get a fair amount for him.

What I cannot believe is that after Neill has displayed that he absolutely definately wants to leave, that he is still captain. A new captain is going to have to be chosen in January in any case, so why has the change not been made yet?

He might be a cracking bloke in the dressing room, but he hardly strikes me as a leader on the pitch or as a man that can inspire the team.

I think Sav might be something of an overbearing captain, so I would probably give it to Friedel, or maybe Tugay when he plays. Although, Savage would certainly be a better choice than Neill.

YEA BUT THE OTHER TEN PERCENT ARE rovers now and forever....as for fully commited ..we will see come next week

I can't believe even though we have 109% of a fanbase we still can't fill Ewood week in week out :(

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.