BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Captain?

ABBEY

What better way to show his professionalism than a MOM performance against Liverpool.

Well said Aggy- that was my immediate reaction. Particularly in the face of jeers from a tiny minority of Rovers supporters who will only disadvantage their own team by reacting that way.

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very true. Liverpool are not going to hold anything against him at all if he plays well. From both their perspectives it will bode much better if he puts in an outstanding performance. Respect from his future teamates, assurance to the manager he has got quality, professionalism and fight.

If he goes out and plays badly it will only leave Benitez and the Anfield locker room asking questions.

Exactly. Lucas Neill has done nothing to suggest that he's lacking in professionalism on the pitch, so I can't see where those saying he'll intentionally play badly are coming from. But even if you believe he's a shady character he'd have nothing to gain by scoring own goals, missing penalties or w/e. Rafa Benitez doesn't strike me as the kind of man who'd want unprofessional players in his team; someone who he might fear should cost Liverpool a game if he finds out Chelsea are sniffing around for his signature. I'd say that any such display from Lucas would make sure that Benitez DOESN'T sign him.

And even with the rather low opinion I hold of Liverpool fans, I'd like to think that they wouldn't like that kind of behaviour in one of their future players either, even if it meant a win for them.

Just seen that if Lucas receives a booking today it will be his 5th and therefore a ban for Liverpool?! Can this be confirmed? If true then I'm sure he will be aware of it and I wouldnt bet against a bit of shirt pulling or something late on this afternoon...

:ph34r:

He can't win, that's for sure. If he gets booked and is suspended for the Liverpool match, it's because he doesn't want to beat his next club. At the same time, people moan about him not giving his all against his next club, before the game is played.

We all have to say it as we see it; you wouldn't want it any other way would you?

Neil just booked so does that mean he misses the Liverpool game?

Apparently.

Although I am sure I heard the commentators say during the Fulham v West Ham match that they player who was given the 5th booking would miss the match on the 30th - so Im not 100% sure.

Guest Morten is god

He very selfish and not good at Defend. Emerton much better then Lucas. Lucas make too many bad last minute challenges. Hope he get injured on first game for Liverpool :D Not Nice person, make Jack Ripper look like Santa Claus!

Edited by Morten is god

Fife: Yes, of course. I'm just so sick and tired of the conspiracy theories, especially the ones who involve a player who's done his best in every single match for several years for this club.

As for Morten is god, please stop post stuff like that, you're not being fun and you're not being constructive.

He very selfish and not good at Defend. Emerton much better then Lucas. Lucas make too many bad last minute challenges. Hope he get injured on first game for Liverpool :D Not Nice person, make Jack Ripper look like Santa Claus!

Wassa matta you Hey? Show somma respect..... wassa matta you ahh shadappa yor face. :rolleyes:

Ive changed my mind on the topic now. Although Im not doubting Neills game to game commitment, I am starting to think his uncertain future and the fact that he is captain may be one question mark too many for the dressing room. But I cant see how Hughes will take it off him other than by selling him.

I say get rid now, and lets move on quickly and minimize any more damage to morale that this MAY be causing. Lets be honest speculation does affect teams and players.

I think your spot on Bobby. Like I said in another thread, Neil's situation in the team is definitely not benefting the club and I don't think Todd's is either. Think in your job if you were demoted for half a year and then called upon again because every other person was off ill you'd be livid. Get shot of both in January with obviously Neil first.

BTW on a side note I read in one paper yesterday that Brad and Sav had a huge bust up after the game? Anybody see this?

Edited by Somerset Rover!

I think your spot on Bobby. Like I said in another thread, Neil's situation in the team is definitely not benefting the club and I don't think Todd's is either. Think in your job if you were demoted for half a year and then called upon again because every other person was off ill you'd be livid. Get shot of both in January with obviously Neil first.

BTW on a side note I read in one paper yesterday that Brad and Sav had a huge bust up after the game? Anybody see this?

It would not be the first time, they nearly came to blows last season during a home game.

I would not mess with Brad he is a big man.

So glad that we didn't play Lucas, his lack of commitment wouldn't have allowed us to keep a clean sheet against Liverpool today.

Oh wait, he did play and his professionalism helped us get 3 points...

So glad that we didn't play Lucas, his lack of commitment wouldn't have allowed us to keep a clean sheet against Liverpool today.

Clearly trying hard to impress his new club and further engineer the move.

Selfish @#/?.

He was crap today mate. Not the best game to pull out a shot at the fans who dislike him.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.