SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Captain?

ABBEY

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

maybe we should give up on having a captain...they either bugger off to some other club or break their legs!!

unless todd is back i cant see anyone thats stands out as a captain.

Tugay will probably get it but other than that Maybe McCarthy? Dunn?

Current realistic captain standing as of 25/01/07

1. Brad Friedel

(currently available)

2. Tugay

(close to full fitness)

3. David Dunn

(close to full fitness)

4. Ryan Nelsen

(available in about 1-2 weeks after returning from injury)

5. Andy Todd

(available in about 1-2 weeks after returning from injury)

- - - - - - - - - - - -

Andre Ooijer

(out for remainder of the season)

Steven Reid

Robbie Savage

Perhaps the fact tugay is likely to be subbed in a lot of games has been the reason he hasn't been given it. Looking for a bit of consistency in the captaincy rather than tugay having it for say 70 mins and then passing it on.

Unfortunately this hasn't panned out as hughes may have hoped due to the already well documented reasons

Perhaps the fact tugay is likely to be subbed in a lot of games has been the reason he hasn't been given it. Looking for a bit of consistency in the captaincy rather than tugay having it for say 70 mins and then passing it on.

Unfortunately this hasn't panned out as hughes may have hoped due to the already well documented reasons

Thing is its more than likely that Tugay will have to start most games now, which in my book is exactly what should happen anyway.

Friedal is another obvious choice but I'm a bit against giving it to goalies as it needs to be somebody out in the play of the game ie be able to make an influence across the pitch.

So if not Tugay, forget Bert , the alternative would have to be a centre back if playing (Zurab/Todd/Henchoz)

It says on the official site, that Ryan Nelsen should return to first team action tomorrow.That's brilliant news,fingers crossed :)

Nelsen shouldn't walk in and grab the captains band straight away IMO

He'll be struggling for match fitness.. the captain has to be a strong icon and cant be huffing and puffing at the 60 minute mark

I'd tip Friedel or Todd to pick it up B)

Nelsen shouldn't walk in and grab the captains band straight away IMO

He'll be struggling for match fitness.. the captain has to be a strong icon and cant be huffing and puffing at the 60 minute mark

I'd tip Friedel or Todd to pick it up B)

I would like to see Andy Todd get the captaincy, if only temporary.I've like to see him back in the first team a lot more, i thought he was playing some great fotball.

What did Todd do to upset Sparky. :!:

I've just seen , that Tugay isn't playing tomorrow,and Dunny still isn't match fit.

This Lee Hendrie rumour is interesting, that a club as come in for him at the 11th hour,and stopped him signing for Stoke for the time being.That club is believed to be Blackburn Rovers.Interesting to see what happens there. :tu:

Edited by ewoodblue

I would like to see Andy Todd get the captaincy, if only temporary.I've like to see him back in the first team a lot more, i thought he was playing some great fotball.

What did Todd do to upset Sparky. :!:

I've just seen , that Tugay isn't playing tomorrow,and Dunny still isn't match fit.

This Lee Hendrie rumour is interesting, that a club as come in for him at the 11th hour,and stopped him signing for Stoke for the time being.That club is believed to be Blackburn Rovers.Interesting to see what happens there. :tu:

(Please don't use that word again) NO

Hendrie??? ESPECIALLY after the controversy surrounding him and that alledged verbal abuse slung at a disabled united fan... shiiiiit, i've been giving my friend stick about that all week :o

Hendrie??? ESPECIALLY after the controversy surrounding him and that alledged verbal abuse slung at a disabled united fan... shiiiiit, i've been giving my friend stick about that all week :o

lol..I see what you mean, the guys aa total nutter, another baad boy.Now i know he'll sign(more controversy). :huh:

Quote again

I don't think you've anything to worry about, reading between the lines from the Stoke newspaper.

It's not looking likely that Hendrie will sign for Rovers

http://www.thesentinel.co.uk/displayNode.j...&pNodeId=158332

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.