BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn 2 - 0 Red Bull Salzburg

Ozz

thing that really annoys me is that this morning I've got kids in school telling me that rovers were rubbish last night. they hadn't been to the match but will just always say they are rubbish. Rovers unfortunately are still not winning the battle for fans in their own town despite the fact that the crowd last night was quite a good one.

They are probably just repeating what their Man U supporting parents have said. Or are you at school in Burnleh

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How right you are Paul. However, to me the acid test comes against Wigan, it is absolutely crucial we do not fall flat on our face.

Hadn't got as far as Sunday yet, but you're spot on. If the extra support last night tunr up on Sunday and see a good win it should work wonders for them.

BTW did anyone else get caught out by the KO time. We happened to leave a bit early, switched on Radio Rovers to hear something on the lines of "....and full commentary starts in 12 minutes" Good thing the cameras were switched off!

Not that it matters now but the ref isn't suspended.

There was a big mess in a game involving Sporting Lisbon when he allowed a goal scored with hand.

So, since it is a big team complaining, he wasn't selected for the next weekend of games.

But I'm sure he'll be selected this weekend (except for a Sporting Lisbon game).

Great win yesterday, Bentley's goal was great, McCarthy's was good as well. Ooijer was fantastic, as was Tugay.

18,888 is good as well, which means about 18,588 Rovers fans :) .

There were 46 Salzberg fans according to the cracking group of people I was speaking to pre match in Blues.

However, to me the acid test comes against Wigan, it is absolutely crucial we do not fall flat on our face. We have a bit of a buzz going, in terms of impacting the support and keeping things going this is a huge, must perform well game. A let down against the Latics and it will be back to square one for the fans on the fence.

I feel so good to be a Rovers fan today.

Very true. In the past we have seen many bad weekend performances from clubs that have enjoyed a good result in Europe the week befoere. Best time to play the Arsenals / MU's and Chelseas imo.

very positive night. watching on tv, it seemed that the crowd was really decent, or at least on par to what we get for some league games. nonda was good, though he faded away somewhat in the 2nd half. yet, he still got the assist to bentley's goal, winning a ball that would usually have been cleared. mccarthy looked quality; though he missed a few easy chances, his goal was good and he showed some very good ball control/touches. but special mention must be made for our right-sided combination of bentley and emerton. emerton is looking like a world class right back at the moment, and bentley, if he can maintain this form, might soon play himself into an england call up. at the risk of sounding over enthusiastic, some of his crosses this season reminds me of the master's (beckham) himself, swerving and dipping at pace. however, he doesnt do it enough yet, but i'm sure he'll continue to improve. and hell, he can even dribble abit and beat his man, something becks never does. finally, naming ooijer MOM was a very very good strategic move i thought, as it will surely boost his confidence. worryingly, some defensive errors still occured, but there are many many positives to take from last night's performance. and i feel we havent even hit top gear yet. i would venture to say that we acheived last night's result playing at about 80% capacity, as we didnt seem to need more than that, which is good news.

They are probably just repeating what their Man U supporting parents have said. Or are you at school in Burnleh

no i work in one of the bigger secondary schools in Blackburn and they really do believe it. they hadn't even seen the goals but were honestly saying what they think. And when it's non uniform day there are very few Rovers shirts - some among the staff maybe but very few from the kids. In fact I even had one kid kiss his man u keyring in front of me today. Mind you I have told them that any picture of teams and players other than Rovers on the cover of their exercise book and they'll be issued with pink bunny paper to back them with instead.

no i work in one of the bigger secondary schools in Blackburn and they really do believe it. they hadn't even seen the goals but were honestly saying what they think. And when it's non uniform day there are very few Rovers shirts - some among the staff maybe but very few from the kids. In fact I even had one kid kiss his man u keyring in front of me today. Mind you I have told them that any picture of teams and players other than Rovers on the cover of their exercise book and they'll be issued with pink bunny paper to back them with instead.

You are not teaching English I hope :D

MGP had a scintillating second half which makes you wonder why he looks like he's never seen a football before when he's off his game.

Looking at the replays, anyone notice that for the first goal, Gamst makes the sublime pass to Benni from the half-way line, and seconds later, once McCarthy's done his skill to beat his man, it's Gamst piling into the box looking for a return pass? (During which time Nonda is ambling about without intent, on the edge of the box).

That is classic Pedersen, bursting a gut to try and pick up the pieces in the opposition penalty area. I'm really pleased that he's put in a long overdue good performance and hopefully that's a sign of things to come.

Edited by rover6

There were 46 Salzberg fans according to the cracking group of people I was speaking to pre match in Blues.

sorry mate...you got it wrong; me, Jordan and the rest of us you were talking to are Rovers supporters ;)

and btw...it was no way 46 away supporters in darwen end..I would say between 20 and 30

Thats a depressing thought gumboots,these kids are the future of the club, but I'm sure that for every Utd or Liverpool shirt there'll be 10 blue 'n' white ones.......20 years ago it was the other way round.

Rovers v Wigan ; junior tickets £13 . This will deter many adults from bringing their kids . Just too much for a family afternoon out . Attendance by Rovers fans down by a few thousand on Sunday without a doubt .

The lesson of cheap tickets for kids at all games has still to be learnt .

PS - Am I the only one who suspects that the crowd was bigger than 19,000 ? :huh:

Edited by blue phil

Rovers v Wigan ; junior tickets £13 . This will deter many adults from bringing their kids . Just too much for a family afternoon out . Attendance by Rovers fans down by a few thousand on Sunday without a doubt .

The lesson of cheap tickets for kids at all games has still to be learnt .

PS - Am I the only one who suspects that the crowd was bigger than 19,000 ? :huh:

Rovers doesn't always give the true attendance...even though if we're playing burnley and Ewood is rammed, it will still be only 29,560 or something..

You are not teaching English I hope :D

The errors in grammar and punctuation are laziness when I type on here and not any lack of knowledge. I actually teach French and German and can be as pedantic as anyone else about grammar and so on. I just prefer to get messages written quickly, especially on Friday nights, and can't be bothered to check when there are more interesting things to do!

No you're not Phil - Rovers definitely on the tax fiddle.

I was sat in the Blackburn End and it seemed pretty full to me, and the Riverside and JW looked fuller than normal to me. We even had fans in the Darwen End wearing blue and white!!!!

We need to seriously consider putting away fans in the Riverside, or maybe last night we could have given them the last two rows!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.