BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn 2 - 0 Red Bull Salzburg

Ozz

That was the first home European tie were I have felt we were up for it. I don't just mean the crowd but the managment as well. Thank you Mr Hughes and co I am a very proud man tonight.

I have been to all the european games at ewood, as I imagine many people on here have, and I can honestly say that last night it felt like one of those special european nights that they talk about on TV when usually Liverpool are playing.

Full credit to everybody who turned up. Hats off to you all.

When Rovers qualified for Europe for the first time and we were drawn against Trelleborg I was at the ticket office at 7am thinking it would be a sell out. Call me an idiot if you will but I was so excited and presumed everybody else would be. That night was a big disappointment seeing us draw with a team who had to borrow our shorts.

I as a Blackburn Boy born and bred. I am immensley proud tonight and will be smiling for weeks at that victory tonight. I understand that the premiership is our bread and butter but tonight felt like Blackburn standing up and saying "Yes we are small, and no we don't have a mozart or anybody close but F***********CK YOU!! you we are a small town but we are proud and successful and your not going to take that away from us"

LONG MAY IT CONTINUE!!!!!!!!!!!!

p.s please Mr Draw maker let us draw teams that cost less than £250 to visit and have cheap beer :)

Love you Rovers xxx

p.p.s I also must give credit the "urr urr urrrr come on and do the Nonda" people (To the tune of the konga) highly amusing I was singing it all the way home lol

We started the "Shaba" conga song, in the walkersteel i'm guessing you sit!!!! If only it had spread round the ground do do do come and do the NONDA

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There were fairly big spaces in both upper outer bits of the Blackburn End. These wouldn't have been full if everyone in the Darwen End had sat there, and would probably have taken about a half of the Riverside crowd as well, leaving it about third full at tops.

This would mean that straight off you are down 7,500ish for the Darwen, another 2,000 for the Riverside.

There were definitely small pockets of spaces in the lower BBE, and parts of the JW Upper. Can't comment on the JW Lower, but I think a crowd of 19k was probably right.

Disagree Macca (it had to happen soon) I thought RBS were as good as we have seen from Europe in recent years with the exception of Celtic. They were certainly far better than Glencler and CSKA imo. Their one touch passing and moving was excellent and there were times when we couldn't get near to the ball in midfield. They were certainly competative as well as a taj combatative and closed our midfield down very quickly too. They are out because their biggest weaknesses were their final ball into the box and a poor keeper. But Rovers were certainly made to work hard for the victory.

Edited by thenodrog

and btw...it was no way 46 away supporters in darwen end..I would say between 20 and 30

They reckoned there were 38 on the coach and 8 making their own way (including Andy who swopped scarves with me :D )

I didnt count, it had been a long afternoon! :lol:

Incidentally, I agree with TND ( :o ) I thought Red Bull were a damn good team with their keeper being very much a weak point. I thought the Rovers did very well, its just a shame we cant seem to see that!

I wasn't impressed with red bull. I thought the coaching and tactical side of their team was excellent - the influence of Trapattoni was evident there. Their movement and passing was really good. What they didn't have was the players of quality to make that extra step up in class. Their players weren't good enough to fully embrace what they were trying to do.

Apart from the final pass, the goalkeeper and can i add a lack of fight or desire to compete all over the pitch or close down our players or make a real tackle all night or have a single chance after the first 30 seconds.

Apart from all that yes, they were a decent team.

I thought they put quite a few tasty tackles in, I'm sure Pederson would agree, he got a blatent elbow in his face.

Lets hope Rovers keep the same pricing policy for the other European games...7,000+ 'walk-ons' was a fair response.I have a feeling though that if we pull a real name like Ajax or Rangers it could well be normal matchday costs,then again,I'd be more than happy to pay top whack to see those clubs at Ewood.

Edited by SIMON GARNERS 194

I'd be tempted to do away with any Rovers fans in the Darwen End at all :o . I can wait for the backlash. Won't take too long I'd imagine!

Sitting in the BBE it was great to see a pretty much full Riverside and Nuttall Street stands, It can only help the atmosphere, which was great on Thursday. Bring back the days of "Riverside, Riverside give us a song".

Not only that but when we're on MoTD or Sky or whatever, when they say something along the lines of what a bad gate it was all we need to do is point out that the Darwen End is the Away fans stand, our stands were pretty full.

Sure, if we sell out our three sides of the ground then let's have a look but we can cross that bridge.

Just a thought. What do you reckon?

I'd be tempted to do away with any Rovers fans in the Darwen End at all

I thought they already had Bob TBH. There hasn't been any home fans in the Darwen End yet this season. But then again is that due to the teams we are playing? Everton, Chelsea and Man City I suppose would normally have the entire Darwen End to themselves anyway. Maybe just coincidence that they're the only fixtures we've had this season... :unsure:

Benni loving his Euro adventure.

Rovers co uk

I liked this bit

"I've been stunned by the way fans are very fanatic here and they just get behind you, and I think that is why they get the performance out of myself and my team-mates because they are just 100% true fans and I think that is great for the game."

Rovers v Wigan ; junior tickets £13 . This will deter many adults from bringing their kids . Just too much for a family afternoon out . Attendance by Rovers fans down by a few thousand on Sunday without a doubt .

I agree with you BP. I have spoke to three people that rang for children's tickets and didn't buy because of the price.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.