SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn 2 - 0 Red Bull Salzburg

Ozz

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brilliant stuff! Good job there's a bit of the old student loan left for another away trip! Brilliant result...absolutely chuffed to bits we won! Salzburg were never really a great threat....they could have done with a few more cans of red bull!

Bentley's goal was textbook. Take a bow son, take a bow!

Great day for rovers!!

looks like sparky's pulled off another master stroke in the transfer market! just think of how many goals our 4 new strikers could score compared to bellamy on current form!! (all signed for less than the 6mill we got for Bellars!!!!)

I think Trappatoni may have been taking a few notes tonight!!!

:brfc: COME ON YOU ROVERS :brfc:

good game and good atmosphere

some lads thought that kickin off with some rovers fans in ewood arms would be clever to kick off with fellow rovers fanes, and I lost me phone!!!(well a taxi driver robbed it) <_< got videos from sheff away and me neice on it not gunna get them back :(

Sorry mate, but from what I saw from my seat in the JW stand MGP was very ordinary

Sounds like it's time to change your seat. MGP did have a fairly anonymous first half apart from the very good effort on goal he made and was unlucky not to score. The second half he was creating havoc in their defence and had quite a few very good attempts and overall played well.

Phew! Cracking goal of Bentley's thanks to the folks for the youtube thingy. Benni's wasn't bad (Doubt he could pull off that move in the prem) bloody well finished.

My apologies to the public of Blackburn, lot's of you did turn out it seems.

Proud tonight, bloody chuffed.

Rangers in the group would be very, very tasty. Any reasons this could NOT happen other than luck of the draw.

Edited by USABlue

Wow, what a performance! we could have won by a couple more even.

the most heartening thing is that we seem to have a partnership up front that really works, and in Bentley a player who is going from strength to strength. Ooijer, although patently not the MOM, was excellent as were Neill, Tugay and Emerton. no one had a bad game.

Very confident that we can go on and cause teams real problems whoever we face.

Fantastic night all round.

Good performance, we were never in any real danger, and Sparky obviously thinks we can make a real impact this year.

I was just thinking Bentley had had a poor first half with his delivery and he screams goal of the season in.

Excellent crowd for a televised game with no away following - obviously only superstella's mates didn't turn up.

Ooijer got the Peter Jackson mom award but I thought Emerton walked it.

MGP had a scintillating second half which makes you wonder why he looks like he's never seen a football before when he's off his game.

The most important thing was that there was a real feel good factor at the ground again for the first time this season.

Edit: Oh and walked into the Pub after the game and Howard Walker was with Angus loughran aka statto of Fantasy Football League fame. Quite surreal.

Edited by RevidgeBlue

Fantastic night all round.

Good performance, we were never in any real danger, and Sparky obviously thinks we can make a real impact this year.

I was just thinking Bentley had had a poor first half with his delivery and he screams goal of the season in.

Excellent crowd for a televised game with no away following - obviously only superstella's mates didn't turn up.

Ooijer got the Peter Jackson mom award but I thought Emerton walked it.

MGP had a scintillating second half which makes you wonder why he looks like he's never seen a football before when he's off his game.

The most important thing was that there was a real feel good factor at the ground again for the first time this season.

I mostly agree there Rev, but the atmosphere still wasn't all that good IMO. At times it felt like nobody could be arsed.

I felt there were a few good performances but apart from that the team was ordinary and the defence is a massive liability!

Nonda, Bentley, Emerton, Savage & Tugay were the great performers!

Benni took his goal well but needs to trust himself to get in the box, rather than hang (dwight yorke syndrome).

MGP's corners are great so why doesn't he take them as he used to rather than hit them short or blast them as a ridiculas pace!

Lucas got in some amazing attacking positions but he was a left back!

Zurab made some amazing tackles but he had to because of his bad positioning! Oojer was good and Brad kept a clean sheet without doing much!

obviously only superstella's mates didn't turn up.

You are a cock! using the board for shity sninde comments trying to earn points with people who dont give a (Please don't use that word again) what you think anyway!

The crowd never got behind the team untill we went 2 up even then it was not the best .

Bring on the next game onwards and upwwards :rover:

I agree but tonight was not the best! we had just qualified for the next round, to come out and tell me to bog off and support somebody else is bang out of order ! we need all the support we can get, just look at the crowd 18,884

That was the first home European tie were I have felt we were up for it. I don't just mean the crowd but the managment as well. Thank you Mr Hughes and co I am a very proud man tonight.

I have been to all the european games at ewood, as I imagine many people on here have, and I can honestly say that last night it felt like one of those special european nights that they talk about on TV when usually Liverpool are playing.

Full credit to everybody who turned up. Hats off to you all.

When Rovers qualified for Europe for the first time and we were drawn against Trelleborg I was at the ticket office at 7am thinking it would be a sell out. Call me an idiot if you will but I was so excited and presumed everybody else would be. That night was a big disappointment seeing us draw with a team who had to borrow our shorts.

I as a Blackburn Boy born and bred. I am immensley proud tonight and will be smiling for weeks at that victory tonight. I understand that the premiership is our bread and butter but tonight felt like Blackburn standing up and saying "Yes we are small, and no we don't have a mozart or anybody close but F***********CK YOU!! you we are a small town but we are proud and successful and your not going to take that away from us"

LONG MAY IT CONTINUE!!!!!!!!!!!!

p.s please Mr Draw maker let us draw teams that cost less than £250 to visit and have cheap beer :)

Love you Rovers xxx

p.p.s I also must give credit the "urr urr urrrr come on and do the Nonda" people (To the tune of the konga) highly amusing I was singing it all the way home lol

Edited by rovers4ever95

I agree but tonight was not the best! we had just qualified for the next round, to come out and tell me to bog off and support somebody else is bang out of order ! we need all the support we can get, just look at the crowd 18,884

OK don't wish to be rude but I still think nearly 19,000 home fans for a game which is being televised live on a Thursday night is a reasonable efort.

And I thought the atmosphere throughout was a lot more upbeat than previously this season.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.