SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn 2 - 0 Red Bull Salzburg

Ozz

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't wait for this, Europe was what we were gunning for all last season, now we are there we should enjoy it as much as possible. It is hard to believe any season ticket holders won't go to this, it is the most exciting game of the season so far. I think it'll be a fairly big crowd considering the lack of away support, and Rovers will do 'em proud and win 3 - 1, Nonda Benni Bentley

Great post Super Stella.

Im coming over from Liverpool for tonights game. Lectures finish at 5 then straight over.

Wouldn't miss it for the world.

Good luck to those watching the game on Eurosport, because they certainly will be missing out on what could be an historic day for the club.

we are going into this match 4 games unbeaten, confidence should be booming after the boro victory and the pasting of citeh!!!

victory tonight will put that stupid hodoo to bed about us being ###### in europe and we can go from strength to strength.

a win tonight could take us on a magical journey and hopefully a cheap trip to a eastern european country in the next round for a jollies!!!

I even know SEASON TICKET holders who arent going because they 'cant be bothered' and 'would rather watch in the pub'.....

Its not always that simple. I have a season ticket and cant go due to work. I went to the away game but it is impossible for me to go tonight. Even tried to get the time off work but cant. Now thats not the case for most people granted. I really do hope we beat the 15K mark but I dont think we will.

Rovers should of made it £5 all round, rather than just for concessions.

I know its cheap but its the 1st round and a way to try and get the supporters to push the club through to the next round.

:ph34r: Its pathetic that FREE tickets might not be taken by some with the crap reasons of 'id rather go the pub' or 'id rather watch eastenders', however what else can the club do?! They are not to blame - the PART-TIME supporters are! (Thats not aimed at any1 with genuine reasons for not going)

Also imagine if we do get through and we make it onto one of the channels like ITV 4 - what sort of attendance can we expect then, 10,000? :angry:

According to JW last night on Radio Lancs they where hoping for 20k with tickets sales just short of 17k at the time of the interview yesterday (presumably this includes the s/t holders all turning up).

Anyway for the first time this season I feel confident - but giving our inability to score in previous attempts in Europe I feel it could be a nail biter.

3 V 1 After going a goal down.

Lets get it ROCKING!!!

COME ON YOU BLUES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :brfc::brfc::brfc:

To be honest, I'm shatting myself and it's only half one. :(

You're not alone ozzie, sometimes I hate being a Rovers fans, always wanting them to do well but never going into big games with any sort of confidence we can win.

As for the no shows, to me it absolutely beggars belief that someone who plonked down good money for a season ticket would be so lard arse as to not attend a free game of this nature. Yes I am sure there are difficult circumstances for those that may have to travel a long way, that is acceptable, but for any one local not to use the offer is ridiculous and unthikable.

Come on lads ease my jitters, just get us in the group stages.

Season Ticket holders not turning up makes me sick, if they have no genuine reason for not going why the hell are they holding a season ticket. I'm a ST holder, first time i've had one and i wouldn't miss tonight for the world. Rovers in Europe, being able to say that makes me so proud and i feel that after all the hardwork the lads have put in to get Rovers in europe, the least us fans can do is turn up and support them. A lot of teams in Europe kind of rely on their fans to get them through tight matches by creating a hostile atmosphere for the visiting team and motivating their own players, we ain't gonna get that. I just hope us ones tonight can create a good enough atmosphere and witness a historic moment in our teams history.

maybe they have other things on a thursday that they dont on a saturday? Maybe they live far enough away that travelling on a weekend's alright, but have considerable problems on a weeknight.

I class that as a genuine reason, as i've gone through years of rarely being able to get to Ewood but now i'm at Bolton university i can go home and away. I were getting at the fans who'd rather watch is on t.v. in some smoke filled backstreet boozer and can afford to go and live nearby, its those fans that really annoy me.

I'd give my left bollo...erm...I'd give a lot to just be able to PAY to go to the game. Those season ticket holders who'd rather cozy up to a barstool really don't have any idea what they're passing up. A free pass to the game against not only a Euro siude but a a decent one at that is just silly. For those who would rather pass the time in their sitting room or in a pub in a 20 mile radius whilst a free pass sits alone on the dresser really need to re-evaluate why they follow Rovers.

Maybe Souness is their kinda manager...

What is going on with Rovers fans? Tonight, we play Salzburg in the 1st round of the Uefa Cup, yes the UEFA CUP! Europe! A small town team, in EUROPE! You'd think the ground would be packed to the rafters? We played 38 league games to get this far last season, sweat blood, had some fantastic wins, ups and downs, lows and highs yet some people cannot be bothered make the trip to Ewood Park on a week night to watch their team take on Europe.... why? I even know SEASON TICKET holders who arent going because they 'cant be bothered' and 'would rather watch in the pub'. I've even had a ''fan'' say he would go but his wife thinks it will be ''too cold''. Too cold?! Its hardly Stalingrad in 1942!!!!

Nights like this make me proud to be a Rover; my team competing in Europe.... one of only a few in the whole country. But on the other hand I feel embarrassed and like we dont deserve to be playing in the competition when a measly attendance turn up. We'll be lucky to get 13,000 tonight... pathetic.

A lot of ''fans'' I've heard blame the foreign telly, extortianate prices and home form in the past few years. However, its FREE for season ticket holders and only £15 for a ticket for non-season ticket holders. Hardly a bank-breaker, no matter how skint an average fan may be! Home form also isnt an issue.. we've only lost 3 games in 26.

P.S. The Telegraph aren't exactly helping - no mention of cheap tickets in their 3 page Euro review today but a section headlined "Rovers hit screens" highlighting the fact we're live on British Eurosport.Rovers

I really do think that if Rovers sent a taxi to certain fans houses, gave them a 3 course meal in the players lounge, wrapped them up in cotton wool so they arent cold and give them free entrance they still wouldnt go to the game.

It does make you wonder where are club is going, and where it will be in a few years time. I hope the ''fans'' letting us down tonight are ashamed of themselves, and have the grace to accept they played a big part in the downfall. In the meantime, enjoy ''What not to Wear'' on BBC1.

What a pile of crap, if anyone has bought a season ticket then it's entirely their prerogative whether they turn up tonight or not.

Personally I find it slightly strange that someone might not take advantage of a free game, and I wouldn't dream of doing that personally but not everyone's the same.

In the general scheme of things, would we take an extra 5k season ticket holders who however opted not to go tonight - you bet we would.

There will be some people for whom it is genuinely inconvenient being on a Thursday evening but I expect those fans and those who can't be bothered going to be in a relative minority.

If the gate is around the 12k or 13k mark i'll be the first to admit it's a poor turn out but let's put the usual self flagellation routine on hold until we know what the actual attendance is!

It may not sound much but a gate of around 20,000 would be a huge result for Rovers tonight - about 8,000 walk ons or in other words about 5000 more walk ons than for the City game. Or in percentage terms an increase of of 166%.

P.S. The Telegraph aren't exactly helping, no mention of cheap tickets in today's 3 page Euroopean review but a section headed "Rovers hit big screens" highlighting the fact we're on British Eurosport.

Edited by RevidgeBlue

Tonight is probably the biggest game for rovers since we won the league!!

We have a manager who wants to win this cup and will put all his resources behind it. Europe has to be the way forwards for Rovers, we have seen that success in our domestic league gets us nowhere in terms of prestige. A good run in Europe and a few home games against champions league drop outs is definately the way for rovers to go.

Come down to Ewood and give all the support you can because whether you realise it or not this is a huge HUGE game!

I'd give my left bollo...erm...I'd give a lot to just be able to PAY to go to the game. Those season ticket holders who'd rather cozy up to a barstool really don't have any idea what they're passing up. A free pass to the game against not only a Euro siude but a a decent one at that is just silly. For those who would rather pass the time in their sitting room or in a pub in a 20 mile radius whilst a free pass sits alone on the dresser really need to re-evaluate why they follow Rovers.

Maybe Souness is their kinda manager...

Couldn't agree more! A fan that realises the importance of this game and the excitment around it, wish we had more like you over here Hypo

I would like to apologise to you all for Mrs Wilky not attending tonight, despite being a ST holder of several years standing.

I shall instruct her to hang her head in shame and say "Thank God for Jack Walker" 300 times as punishment, however, she is self employed and is working tonight.

Nor is my five year old son coming tonight, he goes to bed at 7pm so I figured it was a bit late.

Season Ticket holders not turning up makes me sick, if they have no genuine reason for not going why the hell are they holding a season ticket. I'm a ST holder, first time i've had one and i wouldn't miss tonight for the world. Rovers in Europe, being able to say that makes me so proud and i feel that after all the hardwork the lads have put in to get Rovers in europe, the least us fans can do is turn up and support them. A lot of teams in Europe kind of rely on their fans to get them through tight matches by creating a hostile atmosphere for the visiting team and motivating their own players, we ain't gonna get that. I just hope us ones tonight can create a good enough atmosphere and witness a historic moment in our teams history.

rovers wont create an hostile atmosphere ;)

Why is it a pile of crap? I am merely stating that I think it is disgraceful that some ''fans'' are not going even when it's free. I think its bad enough that fans wont pay either.... what game WOULD fill Ewood? This is our biggest game in years!

You come on this messageboard and completely castigate people for telling the truth! Its a f**king joke! Your the one talking from your rear!

Fair enough to those who have to work but there will be plenty who dont have a valid excuse who arent going... I know loads of people who fit into this category.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.