BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn 2 - 0 Red Bull Salzburg

Ozz

2-1 Rovers.

They've got to score. Chances are they'll grab one, too. Especially that big bugger who came on at the end. Howver, they'll leave gaps at the back and we've got the talent to exploit them.

As mentioned before, their keeper's bobbins.

So I'm expecting a great game and a crap attendence.

I wonder if their fans can even come close to the great trip the Rovers had.

Simon

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This game could make or break our season imo.

It would be heartbreaking to crash out of the competition before it even really starts and see all last season's good work go to waste. There's every possibility it would halt our mini league revival in it's tracks as well.

Conversely qualifying for the group stages and being in the competition for a sustained period raises our profile on a different level. (Hopefully West Ham will be knocked out as well.)

Don't care what the result is as long as we play reasonably well and go through.

I can easily see it being an extremely nervous performance and 1-1 draw.

Phew!

Friend of mine runs a junior football team and is bringing along the team and a few others making 20 in all. Luckily he is persistent and didn't give up when faced with the obstacles put up by Rovers. He originally called explaining he wanted to bring along the team and wondered if the club could do some kind of a deal. They stated he would have to write a letter.

Obviously in the time available this wasn't practical so he went to the ticket office. They actually told him he couldn't have 20 tickets as he might be a tout and he'd sell them to away fans. Yes you heard right people, morons run the ticket office. He persisted and rightly pointed out the nonsense of this given the opposition and after the staff had a 5 minute chat they eventually relented and let him part with his money and buy 20 tickets.

These kids are potential Rovers fans of the future and the halfwits in the ticket office are doing nothing to encourage them to come. I just hope the team do the stuff and get these kids hooked. I really worry though for the future of the club when we are struggling to fill the ground and the staff are making it difficult for people to buy them.

roughly tranlated the whole paragraph reads:

"Basically I'm optimistic whenever SV Salzburg play. We have tried to cover up the fact that the way we played against Blackburn was bad. But now comes the great game! (When we played Valencia it was vice versa)"

btw

another clean sheet

2 0 Rovers

Not on TV here in Berlin but I do listen to the Rovers Radio stuff on t'internet

Come on you blues!

I hope the game is cut and dried well before the end of the match. We've to travel down to Kent for a wedding on Friday morning so will have to leave a few minutes early........... None of that last minute messing around as per the game in Salzburg please lads.

2-1 Rovers.

2-1 Rovers.

They've got to score. Chances are they'll grab one, too. Especially that big bugger who came on at the end. Howver, they'll leave gaps at the back and we've got the talent to exploit them.

As mentioned before, their keeper's bobbins.

So I'm expecting a great game and a crap attendence.

I wonder if their fans can even come close to the great trip the Rovers had.

Simon

Well they start with a bit of a handicap if you compare Salzburg to Blackburn, don't you think? ;)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.