BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn 2 - 0 Red Bull Salzburg

Ozz

roughly tranlated the whole paragraph reads:

"Basically I'm optimistic whenever SV Salzburg play. We have tried to cover up the fact that the way we played against Blackburn was bad. But now comes the great game! (When we played Valencia it was vice versa)"

btw

another clean sheet

2 0 Rovers

Not on TV here in Berlin but I do listen to the Rovers Radio stuff on t'internet

Come on you blues!

Don't you get the Austrian channels (Orf 1 and 2) over there? I'm hoping it's on one of those as I think British Eurosport is not the same as Eurosport 1 or 2 that you get in Europe

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Early team news

I certainly have the impression that there's a lot more interest in this European tie, than any previous tie. Including the Champs league. I thought that after the first leg in Salzburg. The interest on this site was higher than ever before, but I suppose some of that was down to the fact that it wasn't on TV.

and the reason? Souness, of course.

Early team news

I certainly have the impression that there's a lot more interest in this European tie, than any previous tie. Including the Champs league. I thought that after the first leg in Salzburg. The interest on this site was higher than ever before, but I suppose some of that was down to the fact that it wasn't on TV.

To be Honest Den I think the Celtic game was definately more high profile and this more interest. I would be absolutely amazed if ewood is anywere near full tommorow night.

He was also encouraging fans to go to the match.

He said the tickets were priced low to try and get people to the ground. He wants to see how this works as he seemed to be agreeing that people fall out of the habit of going to matches, but also said they might have to look at the success of this type of ticketing policy over a number of matches, whilst at the same time giving priority to season ticket holders.

A win in Europe would end our crap run of results in the competition and probably help the lads to kick on for the rest of the season.

Defeat may have the opposite effect!

Crowd-19 000 maximum

Score

Rovers 4

Salzburg 3

A tense, end to end affair that leaves us Rovers fans begging Uefa to start selling alcohol on the concourse during matches so we can forget how nervous we are.

JW was on Radio Lancs. earlier this evening and reckoned we had shifted just short of 17000 tickets (including season tickets) so far.

i know a lot of my mates at college are going

its £5 for young adults :rover:

christ salzburg are 4/1 for the win

Edited by SAS

Early team news

Well, as that nice Mr Hughes HASN'T said that this competition is a waste of time and that it's just a distraction from the lofty ambition of getting 40 points to avoid relegation, my friend and I are making the trip up (from London via Oxford).

Apparently that nice Mr Hughes has said again today he wants to WIN the UEFA cup. That's nice.

Well, as that nice Mr Hughes HASN'T said that this competition is a waste of time and that it's just a distraction from the lofty ambition of getting 40 points to avoid relegation, my friend and I are making the trip up (from London via Oxford).

Apparently that nice Mr Hughes has said again today he wants to WIN the UEFA cup. That's nice.

That's not nice Jan, that's brilliant. I didn't hear any other manager say they weren't interested in European football - they know that at the end of the day, the whole reason for existing, is to win football matches.

That's not nice Jan, that's brilliant. I didn't hear any other manager say they weren't interested in European football - they know that at the end of the day, the whole reason for existing, is to win football matches.

I was being understated and slightly ironic.

I was on a plane to Sofia when I opened a paper to see a headline in the vein of "this is a distraction from the league". No guesses who from. Had I been on the ground and reading it, I'd have cancelled the trip. If they're not going to bother, why should I?????

What is going on with Rovers fans? Tonight, we play Salzburg in the 1st round of the Uefa Cup, yes the UEFA CUP! Europe! A small town team, in EUROPE! You'd think the ground would be packed to the rafters? We played 38 league games to get this far last season, sweat blood, had some fantastic wins, ups and downs, lows and highs yet some people cannot be bothered make the trip to Ewood Park on a week night to watch their team take on Europe.... why? I even know SEASON TICKET holders who arent going because they 'cant be bothered' and 'would rather watch in the pub'. I've even had a ''fan'' say he would go but his wife thinks it will be ''too cold''. Too cold?! Its hardly Stalingrad in 1942!!!!

Nights like this make me proud to be a Rover; my team competing in Europe.... one of only a few in the whole country. But on the other hand I feel embarrassed and like we dont deserve to be playing in the competition when a measly attendance turn up. We'll be lucky to get 13,000 tonight... pathetic.

A lot of ''fans'' I've heard blame the foreign telly, extortianate prices and home form in the past few years. However, its FREE for season ticket holders and only £15 for a ticket for non-season ticket holders. Hardly a bank-breaker, no matter how skint an average fan may be! Home form also isnt an issue.. we've only lost 3 games in 26.

I really do think that if Rovers sent a taxi to certain fans houses, gave them a 3 course meal in the players lounge, wrapped them up in cotton wool so they arent cold and give them free entrance they still wouldnt go to the game.

It does make you wonder where are club is going, and where it will be in a few years time. I hope the ''fans'' letting us down tonight are ashamed of themselves, and have the grace to accept they played a big part in the downfall. In the meantime, enjoy ''What not to Wear'' on BBC1.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.