BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Euro Bonus

Can someone tell me how Rovers are promoting this in Blackburn. Its a great idea and gesture but will only work to its full potential if the general Blackburn public know about it. Please tell me its more than just a quater page near the back of the LET.

It's just a quarter page* near the back of today's LET.

*well...less than that even! ;)

Rovers themselves have been advertising themselves though...billboards such as the one under the bridge on Darwen Street spread the word about 'The Card' they have brought out and so on.

Edited by FourLaneBlue

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This really is fantastic on behalf of the club.

For me, the chips are well and truly down now - with the ball firmly in the court of the supporters.

The club are bending over backwards to help boost the gates, and it is now time for all those stay away fans to do their bit by taking the bait.

If this doesn't work, we may as well just give up now and resign ourselves to playing in front of 17K week in week out.

Come on people, do you bit !

............it was infact two 'cards' On the cards they had stuck the stickers from the games I have attended and explained how it worked. I had not heard about the card but they have taken the time to send them out to customers and now I can save my stamps for a free ticket!

Delighted by the clubs Euro offer, as others have already said the club have responded and it is now up to the Blackburn public to get off their collective backside and get to Ewood. If any initiative deserves to sell out the ground it's the Bolton and Euro offers. If you don't buy now never complain again.

Hannah's post is really important and shouldn't be overlooked. This is anopther fantastic move by Rovers. There is a huge amount of work involved in marketing as detailed as this but it can be enormously successful - i've been worked on a similar principle for years and it really gets customers to pay attention and book orders (or buy tickets in Rovers case).

In terms of initiative shown sending out cards already stamped with your entitlement from this season is right up there with the Euro offer. just think get two Euro tickets, a Bolton ticket and your halfway to a freebie. Get on with it!!

Just booked my Chelsea and Euro home tickets - I got 12 tickets, mixture of adult, young adult and junior for £60. So we get the PL champions and two Euro games for an average fiver a seat. Amazing value

Just curious,with all these great values for tickets the club has offered up,when was the last time regular matchday tickets cost only £15?how about £5?(i.e. 1978?1966?1992?)

Not Sure, but I remember I used to pay £5 cash to go onto the Blackburn End around 88/89 and was under 16 then.

About 1s 3d when I first went.

Remember when everybody said they wouldn't go again, if it ever reached 2 bob*. Remember season tickets looked like cloakroom tickets as well. Just a small book with numbers 1 to 20 for the league games and a few cup tokens in the back.

*Maybe that's what happened eh?

£204

Absoloute STEAL !! (words cant really describe the value, can they)??

2 x Salzburg

2 x Bolton

3 x Chelsea

3 x Basle

3 x Nancy

As a supporter who cant make saturday games, the uefa cup and carling cup games represent unbelievable value, capped of by the bolton game being moved and also being incredibly cheap.

During the sunday or midweek league games sitting in the cheap section of the jack walker stand is ok. Now being able to move to the the upper section for an amazing view for those prices is unreal.

Every time the club has made the announcements that the chelsea,bolton,uefa cup games were all cheaper, im wearing a grin like a cheshire cat. It makes me proud to be a blackburn supporter and that the club can make these gestures, I just pray that everybody else gets behind the team and makes this effort from the club all worthwhile.

I fully support the reduced prices and offers. I've always argued for lower prices for both Premiership and Cup games.

Last month when I made a point about the cost of tickets on the "Old Gate Debate" thread, Den posted:

One things for sure though, if the way forward was to reduce prices, they would have done that. There's absolutely NO evidence that reducing prices will bring in more revenue.

Of course, they could reduce prices, but what would the fans think of lower league football again?

Do you support the current offers and reduced prices from the club Den, or are you fearful that low ticket prices for certain games will lead to relegation?

I fully support the reduced prices and offers. I've always argued for lower prices for both Premiership and Cup games.

Last month when I made a point about the cost of tickets on the "Old Gate Debate" thread, Den posted:

QUOTE(den @ Sep 19 2006, 11:51 ) *

One things for sure though, if the way forward was to reduce prices, they would have done that. There's absolutely NO evidence that reducing prices will bring in more revenue.

Of course, they could reduce prices, but what would the fans think of lower league football again?

Do you support the current offers and reduced prices from the club Den, or are you fearful that low ticket prices for certain games will lead to relegation?

Well AESF, in The old gate debate we were talking about lower prices for ALL games weren't we, not certain games? There have been offers for certain one-off games for years now. Low ticket prices for certain games wont lead to relegation as we all know. You aren't saying that are you?

Of course I support the current offers, who doesn't. That doesn't mean that rovers will be able to charge the current lower prices permanently. To do that, they will have to reduce season ticket prices as well as match day admissions. This is a trial IMO. It all depends on the public reaction. If I have to put my money on whether this will lead to permanently reduced prices at this level of cost, I don't think it will. I don't think the public response will be that great. Hope I'm wrong though, I really do.

More than a week ago a work colleague (Bolton fan) came up to me and said,"May I congratulate your wonderful football club for offering tickets at £15 Adults and £5 children for the game against us."

I felt quite proud and told him,"Make sure you fill the Darwen End then."

A Man City fan told me at work today that they were being charged £38 by Rovers initially which reduced to £32 I think, but that was the reason why they didn;t come to Ewood, the opposite happened with the Bolton fans who all seem to be happy at the price cut and are making the trip.

I'm not technically minded enough to understand this stuff but my uneducated guess is that the technology that Rovers have isn't quite up to this (or if it is, the risk of mass malfunction on a matchday isn't worth taking).

People familiar with Transport for London's Oystercard may have seen something similar - if you top up your balance remotely (ie online), you can't go straight onto the transport network and use the new cash. You have to first nominate a location where you will physically go to a ticket machine and complete the top up.

Again a presumption - it's not practical to intsall every turnstile at Ewood (or in London, every tube access gate, tram and bus) with the technology which processes changes to the status of every single smartcard. The access points must just have basic "yes/no" functionality.

Functionality which changes the status of smartcards is probably hugely expensive relative to technology which simply reads them (perhaps like DVD players vs DVD recorders but on a bigger scale) - so it's not viable to change the readers which are currently on the turnstiles.

So I'm sure Rovers are correct to play safe with paper tickets for cup games for now.

Edited by Tris

Will it lead to more revenue for the club though AESF? Its hard to work out - but at least the club are being pro-active about these things and giving it a trial - they are backing us, Rovers supporters, to make this work.

Theres no-one more keen than me to see Ewood full of Rovers fans, and I hope the Rovers fans come out in force , fill our ground, and create a great atmosphere, which helps lead to further progression in the Prem, UEFA and other cup ties - therefore helping the revenue streams.

Ultimately though, if the club loses revenue by reducing prices on all cup and premier league games it could put us at more of a financial disadvantage to other prem clubs.....and which way would that be more likely to send us?

Of course I support the current offers, who doesn't. That doesn't mean that rovers will be able to charge the current lower prices permanently. To do that, they will have to reduce season ticket prices as well as match day admissions. This is a trial IMO. It all depends on the public reaction. If I have to put my money on whether this will lead to permanently reduced prices at this level of cost, I don't think it will. I don't think the public response will be that great. Hope I'm wrong though, I really do.

I'm with den on this. I fully support the club's promotion, I've bought my Chelsea and Euro tickets as soon as they went on sale, but I would have gone to these games price promotion or not. The harsh reality of this promotion is the reaction from the regulars is only important in one sense, namely, do the ST holders support the move? Judging from the response on here ST holders are in favour of the promotion.

The success or failure is now down to the Blackburn public, to all those who profess to be Rovers fans while spending matchdays in the pub. If those people respond and attend on Sunday the club will achieve the reward it deserves. I have my doubts. Bolton have 5000 tickets? which means we have 25,500 to sell ~ that will be a fantastic response if it's a sell out.

To date I haven't met a single person who knows about this promotion. My next door but one neighbour is a part-time Bolton fan and always goes to the home and away games against Rovers. He doesn't even know the game is on Sunday!!

I think Bolton will be an improved but not markedly improved attendance. The Euro games should get up into the low twenties, Basel comes at a good point especially if we've done well against Bolton and Chelsea and the Nancy game could see us needing a win to qualify? Perhaps the ideal situation from the attendance view.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.