BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Sunday, Perpare To Be Invaded!

Right you men,

As I posted the other week I expected us to sell out our allocation for Sunday. As of today bottom tier sold out, top tier on sale and expected to go before long!

Question is will Blackburn??

This is the best opportunity ever for BOTH sets of supporters to show the people in charge, not just at Blackburn and Bolton, that if you reduce the price you’ll fill the ground!!

As I said before, if you can’t fill the ground for this you NEVER will……..

Was laughing at one or two of the posts on the ‘old gate debate’!

I’m the first to admit ours was a very poor following at yours last year, however let’s just see what you’ll be taking away in the Prem if you’re still in Europe after Christmas and on you 3rd / 4th away trip. Same as with us I can assure you, if you’re struggling for cash to go on a euro jolly the first thing you’ll hit on the head will be away league games.

As for the comments on BWFC’s style of play, etc, nearly laughable.

Beat Newcastle comfortably for me on Sunday and that could quite easily have been 3 or 4-1 in the end, blatant penalty turned down with the Duff hand ball and Anelka’s near miss.

It’s time some of the football world gave credit to a team who are 3rd in the league 2 months into the season, you don’t get there through being ‘lucky’ every week!

Right you men,

As I posted the other week I expected us to sell out our allocation for Sunday. As of today bottom tier sold out, top tier on sale and expected to go before long!

Question is will Blackburn??

the REAL questions are :-

will your idiots stay in their own end ?

will diouf con another penalty out of us ?

will rovers fans be offered reduced prices for the breezeblock game ?

as for 'preparing an invasion' - it's nothing new to us.

1 last question - are bolton fans prepared to go home disappointed ?

Edited by pleasure

Its always nice when an away fan especially a local visits our site.

his reckoning (or is a her) is that Bolton will sell 7500 tickets, as of 15 minutes ago they have sold just over 3800, I rang the ticket office !

I just have to agree with one or two things he did say, yes Bolton beat a very poor Newcastle side easily on Sunday, and NO Blackburn will probably NOt sell all our tickets. Bolton have a very POOR away following WHEREVER they go.

Bolton play an odd style of football, some would say similar to Rovers, NOT too attractive, solid and hardworking. The only thing you left out PW is that you have a blatant CHEAT at the front !

Spit the diver will get strung if he carries on his antics in winding players and fans up, he should get roasted for what he did at Newcastle - LITERALLY.

I am looking forward to a 28500 plus crowd, a good old Lancashire/Manchester derby ( yes you got kicked out of Lancs) and a positive outcome for the Ewood men. Its time to get one over the whites at home. :brfc:

you're missing the point lads!

you don't filll the ground for this game, and the same for us i may add, all the arguement about it being too expensive to get in being the reason for people not going to games goes straight out of the window.

will it be £15 for you men at the reebok??

no chance i would say unless it's a virtual sell out on sunday, BWFC have already said that.

why?? the powers that be would just say what's the point in lowering the price like blackburn have if it doesn't increase the gate significantly.

i don't agree with them, but you cant disagree with their financial logic.

bottom line is it needs fans on both sides to get off their arse, get to the game and fill the ground. if they don't next year we're all back to paying full wack as clubs will just argue it's not worth their while to reduce prices, simple as that!!!!

bottom line is it needs fans on both sides to get off their arse, get to the game and fill the ground.

i agree.

on this subject - precisely how many times has the 'breezeblock' been a complete sell-out and who were you hosting ?

i dont think i'll need to use all my fingers, to add up the instances.

Trying to score points about spelling and grammar doesn't hide the fact that he has a very good point. If we are well short of being full then people cannot continue using the price as an excuse for not going. By all means complain that the club doesn't send round a limo, put on free refreshments and then guarantee a win. Howvever if the attendance is somewhere in the region of 25k then I don't see how people can say they are being put off by price.

bottom line is it needs fans on both sides to get off their arse, get to the game and fill the ground. if they don't next year we're all back to paying full wack as clubs will just argue it's not worth their while to reduce prices, simple as that!!!!

When you get charged £38 to see rovers v everton you may see things a bit differently. For the price of 1 ticket i can listen to the entire season online and whilst i would much rather watch us live and give my support more often it's just not something i can and others can afford to do. However not just the ticket price is an issue, travel expenses are also a problem.

As for notlob, who? Bring all the fans you want won't make the slightest difference at Fortress Ewood!

The problem is everybody is everybody is falling into the same trap and expedting it to sell out- as mentioned before price is not the only aspect of the fans no show regardless of which club.

This will not sort itself out just in one game - there would need to be many more such ' reduced ticket games' if only to get the drop offs back interested in going to watch 'their team'.

What it might do is give an indication but it won't be the 'be all and end all answer' just after one game.

Preston mate, whilst you make 1 slightly valid point, what are YOU LOT doing about your management @ the breezeblock? We took a damn sight more to your place than you took to ours (UEFA Cup point being a red herring as your club didn't do anything about ticket prices at all did they?) and we had to pay £39 to watch your lot hoof route 1 all afternoon and offer up the worst facilities on the planet to the way end, and we didn't hear a peep from you, even your own fans (Who I went the match with) agree that you are boring, there are lots of articles about it in your BEN, even Anelka confirmed it!

(Isn't he due to leave soon anyway, he's been at your gaff for ages LOL)

I'm looking forward to a good Derby game (It's unlikely though) and we are due to beat you at our place (You lot same the same about us at your gaff though) but we do have some slight differences:

A Spitting, Diving Cheat

A Manager who's vision is more impaired than Wenger's used to be

Brown Envelopes

Our club is still in our town, not in Chorley/Wigan

Oh, and we don't need any fireworks or a bunch of uncordinated slappers that you can't see for the smoke from the fireworks anyway, to generate the only atmosphere in our ground

Good luck from Monday onwards though.

:rover:

Overall sales top 20000

Wanderers believe their ticket sales, for this match, is down to their form - not the prices!

Sounds like they don't want to recognise any impact of cheaper tickets on attendances.

The article does acknowledge the cut price tickets and even mentions that first before stating that Wanders believe its their form. I think its both. If they were bottom of the league I dont think our incentive would do much good - nor would they bring as many fans if the were top and we charge £30+.

The article does acknowledge the cut price tickets and even mentions that first before stating that Wanders believe its their form. I think its both. If they were bottom of the league I dont think our incentive would do much good - nor would they bring as many fans if the were top and we charge £30+.

Yeah agreed, that's why [as someone else posted] this can only be judged after a lengthy period of cheaper tickets. We wont get that though.

Completely agree with everything preston white has said.

In the past ive defended the stay away fans on grounds that ticket prices far too high and that it is understandable why they choose to watch rovers games on the foreign sky in the local pubs.

However, there are no possible excuses for rovers fans not selling out 22k home tickets for this one. Ticket prices have been slashed. There has been a big clampdown on foreign sky showing rovers games in blackburn/darwen pubs. Its our second derby. Rovers doing well in the league. The list goes on. Why would any rovers fan want to stay away from ewood come sunday??

However, if sales have only just topped 20k, assuming bolton have sold 5k so far, i cant see how we are going to shift 7k home tickets in next few days to make a sell out.

Overall sales top 20000

Wanderers believe their ticket sales, for this match, is down to their form - not the prices!

Sounds like they don't want to recognise any impact of cheaper tickets on attendances.

Well it's good to see the Bolton local paper pushing the game.

Shame there is absolutely zilch about it in today's Lancashire Telegraph. No wonder so few people in Blackburn seem to know about it! :angry:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.