BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Another Graham Poll ?

How well did Drogba take his goal though? Talk about coming on as a player this season. Last year it would probably have been a first time swing and the ball out of the stand.

Think Mourinho has been watching vids of Simon Garner, looking at his celebration...

Nice to see a former chelsea rent boy score against his former pimps..

They played well tonight, like to see Deco on a rugby field being trampled on then he would have something to roll about for...

Too many softies ruining the game

How well did Drogba dive, cheat and foul?

Not just Drogba.

Games are becoming impossible to referee due to the sheer amount of cheating that now goes on in some games.

I'm just waiting for a ref to remove his shirt, throw it down on the pitch along with his whistle and walk off.

How well did Drogba take his goal though? Talk about coming on as a player this season. Last year it would probably have been a first time swing and the ball out of the stand.

Think Mourinho has been watching vids of Simon Garner, looking at his celebration...

fairplay to drogba, the bloke took his goal well.

mourinho's celebrations were funny, i can imagine hughes unfolding those arms and doing a klinsmann dive down the villa touchline, celebrating a winner from tugay!!!

Games are becoming impossible to referee due to the sheer amount of cheating that now goes on in some games.

I'm just waiting for a ref to remove his shirt, throw it down on the pitch along with his whistle and walk off.

I'm glad someone else has had this thought (Cheers Aggy)

If he just walks to the half time mike and says "Look, both teams are cheating divers, I'm completely humiliated by this. I didn't spend 20 years training as a ref to put up with this, You can stuff it."

Brilliant, it needs to be done .

I've said it before and yes I'll say it again, punish the players with suspensions based on video evidence after the fact and it WILL go away. It's like a cancer in the game now. I hate it.

Would the assistants have to give him a yellow for that?

will jose mourinho retract his snide comments about gudjohnsen learning how to dive since he left chelsea in the light of lampards disgraceful dive?

Will he chuff as like. That's why I can't stand the bloke. When they choose to play football Chelsea can be great but why must they spoil it with their 'tactics' to disrupt Messi, & Ronaldinho. Mourinho's bleating is simply as embarrassing as the biaised commentary when you watch Drogba, Robben, Fat Frank & Carvalho to name the main culprits for play acting. When we played an 'in your face' style againt them a few years ago you never heard the end of it. John 'JT' Terry being the biggest cry baby of the lot. They can dish it out but they certainly cannot take it.

Not just Drogba.

i've seen videos of referees in punch up's but if this happened which i don't think it has before, just think of the look on the players faces?

thinking about it if it ever did happen, the 4th official would have to replace the referee most probs?

Not just Drogba.

Now that really would be nice to see! Unfortunately I fear we will have a long wait. :rolleyes:

Incidentally while we are on this subject; IF by some miracle it DID happen, how many out of the masses of football fans, and the media would actually support any referee brave enough to do it? What do you think?

Edited by Fife Rover

Will he chuff as like. That's why I can't stand the bloke. When they choose to play football Chelsea can be great but why must they spoil it with their 'tactics' to disrupt Messi, & Ronaldinho. Mourinho's bleating is simply as embarrassing as the biaised commentary when you watch Drogba, Robben, Fat Frank & Carvalho to name the main culprits for play acting. When we played an 'in your face' style againt them a few years ago you never heard the end of it. John 'JT' Terry being the biggest cry baby of the lot. They can dish it out but they certainly cannot take it.

I think that's a very one-sided view. I thought both sides were disgraceful last night. Considering they were supposed to be two of the best teams in the world the amount of diving, cynicism and outright cheating that was on show just took the breath away. How a representative of either side can appear in front of the press after the match and attempt to take the higher moral ground is beyond me.

Chelsea have a reputation of using the "dark arts" when it suits them, and they used plenty of them last night, but Barca are supposed to be this beautiful total footballing team full of skill and grace. I didn't see too much beauty from them last night though. And I just felt sorry for the ref. How on earth can you officiate a match properly when both sets of players seem intent on cheating for the whole 90 minutes?

What could have been a great game was ruined by diving, whining and blatant fouls. Marquez and Drogba should have been sent off. For moments both teams showed that they can play fantastic football, but those moves were lost in a forest of childish antics. That bunch of pussies should be sent to Iraq, then they'll sharpen up their act.

Edited by Billy Castell

Pretty much spot on there Scotty / BC.

It wasn't a game of football - it was a 90 minute play acting cheat fest.

One incident summed it up nicely - when Deco was writhing in agony on the floor and Terry kicked the ball at him - he was up like a shot to remonstrate - absolutely nowt wrong with the cheat.

And it wasn't just Barca players.

I'll still watch high profile games like that one, but I don't regard that as proper football any more. The ref hasn't got a hope in hell.

We went to Barnet v Chester City last Saturday at Underhill as a warm up to West Ham - that's proper football. And was way more enjoyable to watch than the cheat fest last night.

Surprised nobody has mentioned yet - how one of these teams accused Rovers of being thuggish. Amazing how the post match commentary didn't really centre on what a disgrace some of the antics of these highly paid players was. Been a different matter if Rovers had been involved though :angry:

Edited by DavidMailsTightPerm

What a terrible match. The two teams were more insterstead in kickin the stuffing out of each other rather than actually playing football.

There was only six minutes of stopage time because Drogba was on the floor that much. S'pose you could say it worked for him because he scored in that time. :huh:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.