BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] It's Gally Time

ABBEY

time for some local lad step into the team with a run of games....whilst sav is out get gally in the team instead of the ax but play him behind the front two.He should at least be on the bench!

Edited by ABBEY

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with Abbey - that he should at least be on the bench. However, a Gally-Tugay midfield would be as weak, if not weaker than a Axe-Tugay duo.

Gally has technique, vision, shooting ability, crossing ability - that we know. Does he have the physical strength and determination? Hughes obviously doesn't think so, not yet anyway. Certainly, at Stoke, Gally's performances were up and down and whilst he displayed moments of skill, it was mainly his goals that kept him in the fans' favour.

In the style of Gamst, I believe that whenever Stoke fans frustrations with Gally were building up to breaking point, he'd score a stunning goal from left wing and justify his inclusion for the next set of average showings.

So the guy has not been that impressive during loan spells and previous chances he has in the first team and has done alright, certainly no more, as a substitute this year, but for some reason you want to put him in now? He's no central midfielder, that's for sure, and he certainly doesn't deserve a place ahead of either MGP or Bentley, he's also shown himself to not really be a striker in the past. I don't see a point in changing things for changes sake, we have injuries and we'll have to wait until those players are back or change the formation.

So the guy has not been that impressive during loan spells and previous chances he has in the first team and has done alright, certainly no more, as a substitute this year, but for some reason you want to put him in now? He's no central midfielder, that's for sure, and he certainly doesn't deserve a place ahead of either MGP or Bentley, he's also shown himself to not really be a striker in the past. I don't see a point in changing things for changes sake, we have injuries and we'll have to wait until those players are back or change the formation.

put him in til sav comes back I said.

play him just behind the front two.

MGP has done what this season?

nonda has done what this season?

jeffers has done what this season?

changes for changes sake?? we are 3 points from the poop its not a case for changing sake..the ax has beeen woeful hes more like an inflatuble hammer at the moment off the pleasure beach.

gally is a local lad and hasnt had the chance of proper run in the team.

No need to drop 'The Axe' if a 4-5-1 was used. Personally I'd like to see Benni as an attacking player just behind the front two. Up front he often seems to drop back for the ball anyway. If Gally is going to play a few games it may as well be in MGP's place while injured. Expect that'll go to Peter though.

I am becoming a little puzzled at the Gally situation. Okay okay I have not seen him as much as lots of you BUT, when I have seen him he has come on and has made a genuine impact. We have created more, wehave attacked more and created more chances. What's going on, IMHO the lad has earned a shot, or am I missing something

Don't just tell me "he's not prem standard" either, I want something of substance, some examples of him not performing when he has come on to justify him not getting a go. Anyone?

I'd have to say that I agree with Joey. When playing Tugay in the centre we need a ball winner and, right now, the Axe is the only one available.

The problem is though that Mokoena never wins the ball. Throughout the last few games I have often thought that we may as well be playing with ten men. It's easy to say with hindsight but Douglas shouldn't have been sold until another centre midfielder was bought. He's definitely better in a 4-42 than Mokoena.

The problem is though that Mokoena never wins the ball. Throughout the last few games I have often thought that we may as well be playing with ten men. It's easy to say with hindsight but Douglas shouldn't have been sold until another centre midfielder was bought. He's definitely better in a 4-42 than Mokoena.

Sorry, had to laugh at this, "I want 4 years Douglas" isn't setting the world alight in the chumpionship is he? Can you imagine what Utd would have done to him (And us) on Saturday night?

The lads that have already mentioned the Savage link are bang on the mark, The Axe is the only option, for the record I thought he was okay against man ure, in fairness to him, he's hardly had a run in the team either has he?

As for Gally, Sub is his best bet in my view, was suprised he wasn't on the bench, Maybe Hughes thought that Bert wouldn't last (Neither did I when I saw how many times Bentley ignored his runs!)

Don't just tell me "he's not prem standard" either, I want something of substance, some examples of him not performing when he has come on to justify him not getting a go. Anyone?

Not from me. I can't see any reasons why he's not being given an opportunity during our current difficult spell. I've always liked him and being "local," in the academy sense, he would bring the buzz with him.

As for Mokoena, he does what he can. I'm never worried by him when he's in a defensive role, just in front of the back four, but elsewhere his limitations are there for all to see. For example yesterday he found himself in the Utd half on a couple of occassions with the ball, a positive pass was needed but he just took the easy, sideways or backwards option.

Not from me. I can't see any reasons why he's not being given an opportunity during our current difficult spell. I've always liked him and being "local," in the academy sense, he would bring the buzz with him.

As for Mokoena, he does what he can. I'm never worried by him when he's in a defensive role, just in front of the back four, but elsewhere his limitations are there for all to see. For example yesterday he found himself in the Utd half on a couple of occassions with the ball, a positive pass was needed but he just took the easy, sideways or backwards option.

Actually I have to say I am a little puzzled that he plays so far up the pitch even in a 442. If I was Hughes I would tell him to not go past the halfway line and just mop up. He is so hopeless at attacking that it is utterly pointless for him to be n the final third.

I suppose the major issue would be that Tugay woul dhave to play further up than he would ideally like but ultimately it has to work better.

THANKYOU!!! - I have been saying this since we sold him.

I think Sparky made a huge BLUNDER by selling Douglas at that point in time, we all knew we needed a new midfielder during the summer and 90% of us were screaming out for one to be purchased in the transfer thread. Everyone was saying dont worry, he knows what he is doing.... Were now getting into the season, hard games ahead, and were stuck relying on a woeful midfielder because Sparky didnt have a good backup plan incase of injury.

I think we have been LUCKY to be honest. Tuggs is getting on and he is fairly injury prone due to his playing style.

If he got injured then who would we play??

Im sorry, i just expect Premier League managers to have a backup plan if all else fails, and oweing to recent results, i really dont think Sparky has one...

Edit: Need i also mention a certain player called Neil Danns is playing some blinders for Birmingham...?

Edited by Rover The Moon

THANKYOU!!! - I have been saying this since we sold him.

I think Sparky made a huge BLUNDER by selling Douglas at that point in time, we all knew we needed a new midfielder during the summer and 90% of us were screaming out for one to be purchased in the transfer thread. Everyone was saying dont worry, he knows what he is doing.... Were now getting into the season, hard games ahead, and were stuck relying on a woeful midfielder because Sparky didnt have a good backup plan incase of injury.

I think we have been LUCKY to be honest. Tuggs is getting on and he is fairly injury prone due to his playing style.

If he got injured then who would we play??

Im sorry, i just expect Premier League managers to have a backup plan if all else fails, and oweing to recent results, i really dont think Sparky has one...

What????

Douglas has PROVEN that he is not good enough at this level, the other thing that you are failing to take into account is that if Hughes has people in line and he can't get them (Until January) then that's life, you don't keep people that plainly aren't good enough and you certainly don't just go and get someone else who isn't either, also, would you expect to have Reid out for such a length of time? No you wouldn't would you?

The axe has always been a utility player, Douglas wasn't even that.

Give MH's some credit, he's hardly done a bad job has he???!! We've hardly got a russian billionaire chipping in have we?!

Sometimes I wonder how some poeple's expectations are in anyway manageable, ever! ...

What????

Douglas has PROVEN that he is not good enough at this level, the other thing that you are failing to take into account is that if Hughes has people in line and he can't get them (Until January) then that's life, you don't keep people that plainly aren't good enough and you certainly don't just go and get someone else who isn't either, also, would you expect to have Reid out for such a length of time? No you wouldn't would you?

The axe has always been a utility player, Douglas wasn't even that.

Give MH's some credit, he's hardly done a bad job has he???!! We've hardly got a russian billionaire chipping in have we?!

Sometimes I wonder how some poeple's expectations are in anyway manageable, ever! ...

My expectations werent to get beaten by Pompey so badly on the first day of the season and defo werent to be where we are in the table right now.

Mokoena has proven he isnt Premier League standard and so i dont think you can say he should be playing in place of anyone else. I agree with the fella up top, we might as well be playing with 10 men all the good Mokoena does us... He slows down our game, which means our counter attack is a snails pace slow which then means we have to resort to Bentleys long passing/hopeful lobs up field...

Something needs to change soon or were going to find ourselves playing the likes of Leeds and the Brum next season, then it wont matter who is 'premier league quality'...

Edited by Rover The Moon

+ 2 goals + 2 assists....

Oh and try 3 starts and 8 sub appearences...

I sourced my info from www.bcfc.com

http://www.blues.premiumtv.co.uk/page/Prof...2~22770,00.html

I think the very fact you are advocating we play two players who are playing at Championship clubs and on the face of struggling, For crying out loud "looked steady" in the team who are sitting pretty in the very lowest echelons of the Championship is an interesting idea.

Given the calibre of the staff in the academy and the amount of time they spend with these players I would trust their opinion over someone who has never watched them.

I sourced my info from www.bcfc.com

http://www.blues.premiumtv.co.uk/page/Prof...2~22770,00.html

I think the very fact you are advocating we play two players who are playing at Championship clubs and on the face of struggling, For crying out loud "looked steady" in the team who are sitting pretty in the very lowest echelons of the Championship is an interesting idea.

Given the calibre of the staff in the academy and the amount of time they spend with these players I would trust their opinion over someone who has never watched them.

Try: http://msnsport.skysports.com/squadlist.aspx?clid=41&cpid=10

tell me something honestly, do you think Mokoena is Premier League quality based on his performances of late??

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.