BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Reading 1 Rovers 2

philipl

Did you go to the game?

2 things:

1 - What difference does that make honestly. Do you think that everyone who commented on yesterdays game went to it...?

2 - When i said Nonda needed to go home, i wasnt only making a conclusion on his performance yesterday, i was also thinking of his other performances so far this season. He as looked average at best, and if we are going to build on yesterdays performance, we cant make do with 'average' players, only the best for our rovers! :rover:

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

McCarthy was good and looked much more composed yesterday but he still needs to sort out his positioning but Nonda needs to go home. He hasnt really shown me (and others who have commented on him) any reason why we should keep him at Ewood...

You must have a different TV channel to mine. I watched it on Sky Footie First, and on my screen Nonda came on for the 2nd half and played the best he has ever done in Rovers colours up to now. His work rate and passing were quite good, and I thought he had a hugely improved game showing some interest and commitment for a change.

Edited by Fife Rover

2 - When i said Nonda needed to go home, i wasnt only making a conclusion on his performance yesterday, i was also thinking of his other performances so far this season. He as looked average at best, and if we are going to build on yesterdays performance, we cant make do with 'average' players, only the best for our rovers! :rover:

So Nonda plays like a trooper for the rest of the month, having perhaps adapted better to the Premier League and puts in some very decent performance (like he did yesterday)

We send him back?

:wstu:

2 things:

1 - What difference does that make honestly. Do you think that everyone who commented on yesterdays game went to it...?

It makes a huge difference because unless you watched the game I cannot see how you can judge him. You stated that McCarthy looked much better yesterday but Nonda needs to go home. I pointed out that he had one of his best 45mins in a Rovers shirt which admittedly he needs to do more regularly. If you are going to make statements on the back of what you have heard or read on here then you should expect to be shot down.

After MOTD last night I though Benni's dive was a disgrace to our club colours.

Andy Gray with Sky's superior technology has just proved me (and the MOTD lot) to be wrong.

Sonko clearly stands on Benni's heel, causing his ankles to come together with his next step. There is no way he wouldn't fall to ground.

He makes the most of it with his upper body actions for sure - but I think I'd do the same if I'd put the ball in the net 48 times and had them all ruled out by the flag happy chappy on the far side.

Andy Gray also said he'd phoned Graham Poll to ask about this particular incident, Poll saw the contact and judged it to be accidental so not a penalty, but not a dive either. So he allowed play to go on and no yellow for Benni.

I'm not Poll's biggest fan, but as it's the season of goodwill I hope he gets at least three Christmas cards.

What do you bet we see Benni hauled in before the FA for bringing the game into disrepute with these comments about meeting AR's in a nightclub?Hope nothing happens with this but it is becoming so sanitised that one can't speak what is on your mind even if it is in jest.(Hello Ryan Nelsen 's comments last year).It is no wonder you hear the same old tripe spouted in cliche' because it is safe.Nobody gets their feathers ruffled.Read what I mean HERE

What do you bet we see Benni hauled in before the FA for bringing the game into disrepute with these comments about meeting AR's in a nightclub?Hope nothing happens with this but it is becoming so sanitised that one can't speak what is on your mind even if it is in jest.(Hello Ryan Nelsen 's comments last year).It is no wonder you hear the same old tripe spouted in cliche' because it is safe.Nobody gets their feathers ruffled.Read what I mean HERE

lets hope we dont get a referee from spain or portugal on tour in the uefa cup otherwise we could end up in the ###### :blink:

You must have a different TV channel to mine. I watched it on Sky Footie First, and on my screen Nonda came on for the 2nd half and played the best he has ever done in Rovers colours up to now. His work rate and passing were quite good, and I thought he had a hugely improved game showing some interest and commitment for a change.

Funny how Blue Phil said exactly the same as me but everyone is focusing in on giving me the (preverbial) verbal treatment??

Oh and by the way along with most of the major newspapers, teletext and skysports i still think Nondas performance was average. I mean yes he did support our 2nd half but putting on an attacking player for the likes of McEveley is always going to have a positive influence on the game going forward...

Nonda played well, I wouldn't be critical of his performance that is for sure. He has had a bad patch recently but he has the opportunity to prove himself before the transfer window and Roberts coming back (particularly with Benni being out for the next game).

Nonda played well, I wouldn't be critical of his performance that is for sure. He has had a bad patch recently but he has the opportunity to prove himself before the transfer window and Roberts coming back (particularly with Benni being out for the next game).

Good point Eddie, i suppose its down to Nonda now and how well he plays between now and January the 1st. Would still prefer another option coming in perminantly in January though... Maybe someone who can play on the wing and up front like Duff used too...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.