BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Reading 1 Rovers 2

philipl

I know its tough to lose a game like that handbags, but you guys are a good side and I'm sure that you won't have any problems staying up this year, thank you for your contribution to the board. Don't feel too bad about losing to us, we are a better side then our league position indicates and hopefully we will be up around your lot in a not too distant future.

And feel free to stick around :)

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

............. even though he has 5 goals ruled out for offside in the past two games I still think it is impressive that he has taken 6 out of 6.

It would be far more impressive if he stayed onside. McCarty is supposedly our "star" striker, it's about time he started acting like one. When Benni gets the ball he should create a buzz of excitment, he doesn't because we all know he'll either be offside or his play will lead nowhere. I wouldn't be too impressed, he's a showman who promises alot but produces relativley little.

Anyway a very, very impressive win and really important for our season. We need to build on this, a point at Arsenal would be as unexpected as yesterday's win but we should be able to pick up seven points over the holidays.

Well i just seen the game and seeing the Bently strike made my jaw drop!! I mean i play keeper here at home and just seeing that ball fly the way it did made me feel kinda bad hanaman but then i remember that Rovers just smoked one by him and all that feeling bad for him goes right out the window!! LOL. Great win for us today hoping to see more shots like that from Bently and less off sides from McCarty.Keep it up Rovers!!! Keep it up!!! :brfc:

We did brillianly to recover from the obligatory goal handicap and take all the points from impressive opponents. You have to give McCarthy credit for his persistence-he kept plugging away though. His display of petulance was unacceptable though.

As for Bentley's goal... :blink:

It would be far more impressive if he stayed onside. McCarty is supposedly our "star" striker, it's about time he started acting like one. When Benni gets the ball he should create a buzz of excitment, he doesn't because we all know he'll either be offside or his play will lead nowhere. I wouldn't be too impressed, he's a showman who promises alot but produces relativley little.

I'm not sure. The other striker isn't doing much and the midfield haven't helped out much going forward in recent times so his life has been pretty hard. I think that he has done quite well since joining, though he does go offside a lot, but I think he has been one of our better performers.

Anyway a very, very impressive win and really important for our season. We need to build on this, a point at Arsenal would be as unexpected as yesterday's win but we should be able to pick up seven points over the holidays.

McCarthy was brought in to score goals surely? In my opinion he's doing what he's paid to do.

9 goals so far this season would suggest otherwise. He always looks like he can beat a man with the ball at his feet too. The offsides are infuriating but his finishing has been very good and at least he is scoring goals! Where on earth would we be in the table without him?

Utter rubbish. He produced 2 valid goals today and his play was fantastic in the 2nd half. I was chatting in the pub after the match and it was pointed out that it's quite clear we have a fantastic finisher on our hands wo we should be getting balls in to him where he will finish. There is no point in lumping balls at him as it's clearly not his game. He can be a lazy so and so but so can many players, do the Arsenal fans whinge about Henry when he sulks around at times?

People need to get behind him instead of slating him for misplaced opinions. Let's get Dickov back shall we he was never offside and worked his nuts off every game.

Utter rubbish. He produced 2 valid goals today and his play was fantastic in the 2nd half. I was chatting in the pub after the match and it was pointed out that it's quite clear we have a fantastic finisher on our hands wo we should be getting balls in to him where he will finish. There is no point in lumping balls at him as it's clearly not his game. He can be a lazy so and so but so can many players, do the Arsenal fans whinge about Henry when he sulks around at times?

People need to get behind him instead of slating him for misplaced opinions. Let's get Dickov back shall we he was never offside and worked his nuts off every game.

Just on a statistical level McCarthy is clearly doing a great job for us. He is matching bellamy's strike rater and seems to have the massive added advantage of not getting injured regularly.

If we can find a partner for McCarthy with a bit of pace to scare opposition defences into sitting deep then he will imprvoe also. It's a real shame we don't still have Bellamy AND McCarthy, thye would be a dynamite combination.

That's a fair enough assessment . 6 prem goals he's scored now (I think) but think how many he could have with more application and timing ?

And a fellow striker without the name Nonda might help as well .... :unsure:

McCarthy was good and looked much more composed yesterday but he still needs to sort out his positioning but Nonda needs to go home. He hasnt really shown me (and others who have commented on him) any reason why we should keep him at Ewood...

Did you go to the game? I cannot understand how you can say that on the basis of yesterday. He worked his socks off, ran with the ball well and created space for McCarthy. The trick now is to do it every week but that was much better from him.

Did you go to the game? I cannot understand how you can say that on the basis of yesterday. He worked his socks off, ran with the ball well and created space for McCarthy. The trick now is to do it every week but that was much better from him.

I have to agree with you there mate. I have been a bit critical of Nonda recently and was happy when I knew he was not starting but I thought his performance yesterday was very good.

As you mentioned he ran his socks off and created alot of chances. I know that we did change formation and that is probably what won us the game but Nonda had a big part to play.

If he continues to play like that then I am sure goals will come.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.