BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Merry Christmas To One And All

Don't think we have the squad to carry us through the Christmas period. Losing Gray has been a major blow.

Still there are rumours if we can stay in touch there's a few pence to spend in January so as ever theres hope if little else.

I get the insults to but I'd rather be in a league with all the old lancs derbies than anywhere else.

Seasons Greeting Longsiders.

As many are already saying, I would love you lot to play in the Premier League however you are simply not good enough! Saying that it would be an easy 6 points again.

Second that Jordan.

They mightened be good enough for the Premiership, but would be great for Lancashire to have another addition in the top flight. Good to see the derbies on another 6pts next year for Rovers, if it ever happens.

Whats this about the name 'longsider'?

I've seen it crop up a few times. Is it something about the area itself???

Second that Jordan.

They mightened be good enough for the Premiership, but would be great for Lancashire to have another addition in the top flight. Good to see the derbies on another 6pts next year for Rovers, if it ever happens.

Whats this about the name 'longsider'?

I've seen it crop up a few times. Is it something about the area itself???

I think it has something to do with their ground. Dont they have a stand called the longside?

They don't name their stands do they as they just get confused.

Hence, Q. 'where are you standing today?' A. 'Ont't Longsid' (transaltion 'On the Longside')

Seriously, all the best to everyone who visits this site and all their kith and kin.

Well I can. ;)

Merry Christmas Longsider, and I too hope that the Dingles and PNE join us in the top flight and stay there for a while. I used to love the old derby matches home and away; it's what makes football interesting and exciting. And God knows it needs something to perk it up these days.

I think it has something to do with their ground. Dont they have a stand called the longside?

To the loyals probaly still is but sure it has a new name now - Longsider enlighten??

Anyway not the Longside (nor the Bee Hole) as it used to be - used to be fun with the no mans land in the middle akin to how the Kippax used to be at Citeh.

the longside was the stand that ran down one side of the pitch.

any Rover who was ever in there (on part was partitioned for away fans once problems with hooligans became greater) will tell you it made the most fantastic noise - probably aided by the proximity of the away fans as well. Hence those of us that stood in there were called longsiders.

Today in the new fangled all seater age it's name is the inspiring North Stand - currently sponsored by James Hargreaves - so it is called the James Hargreaves stand by 'newbies'

The Bee Hole end (named after the bee hole pit that ran underneath it) is now called the Jimmy Mac stand

the longside was the stand that ran down one side of the pitch.

any Rover who was ever in there (on part was partitioned for away fans once problems with hooligans became greater) will tell you it made the most fantastic noise - probably aided by the proximity of the away fans as well. Hence those of us that stood in there were called longsiders.

Today in the new fangled all seater age it's name is the inspiring North Stand - currently sponsored by James Hargreaves - so it is called the James Hargreaves stand by 'newbies'

The Bee Hole end (named after the bee hole pit that ran underneath it) is now called the Jimmy Mac stand

Agreed - I think I will have to have a lie down.

Seriously, I would rate the Old Longside as one of the best away terraces there was - just behind the old Kippax Street at City.

Burnley in the Premiership? Are you absolutely bloody mental? I don't even live in the area and can't imagine having to put up with all the grief that would come hand in hand with that.

Keep them down there, and we'll have the occasional cup game to remind them who's boss.

Burnley in the Premiership? Are you absolutely bloody mental? I don't even live in the area and can't imagine having to put up with all the grief that would come hand in hand with that.

Keep them down there, and we'll have the occasional cup game to remind them who's boss.

AMEN!

This is turning into some burnley appreciation thread; get a grip for goodness sake :(

I'm here Gav, I'll bring some sanity back for ya Gav.

Longsiders, I wish you and yours a verry merry Xmas, nothing against you you are a reasonable clarrot. I can not, however, bring myself to wish your team well, unlike some of my "brethren".

My dislike for all things Burnleh runs deep and always has. Being an ex Accringtonian the Bob Lord thingy with Stanley leaves a bad taste but I think most of all the sheer arrogance of your fans when we were on the slide and you were "the team of the seventies" is what left me scarred (heh heh). I think what caps it all though is the current attitude of some of your fans. So good fortune to you longsiders and may the worst of luck befall your team. :D

Archived