BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers 2 Boro 1

If he werent in the habit of conceding free kicks and penalties already, the cynical side of me might be tempted to think that he did it on purpose as a final gesture to the fans.

What I cant understand is why Liverpool want him anyway.

Maybe plays like the cross for the first goal? Notice no one said anything about that. God forbid we give him credit for anything he does good.

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fantastic stuff from Nonda to brush off that tit Pogatetz (who had the nerve to mock Lucas after pushing him down in the Boro box) and almost finish off a 10-11 Rovers passing move. Over the bar though..

McCarthy acting out his entire repertoire, I can see a bad tackle come soon.

Gamst Pedersen has been a star performer in my eyes.

Oh and as for the conspiracy theory.. Stop! Just stop now!

Doesn't mean anything, but a rather fun table to look at. Basically, it's last season's table, with each fixture this season compared to the corresponding one from last season. So if we drew 1-1 against team X last season, and won 2-0 this season we'd move up two points, gain 1 goal difference and the other team would obviously lose a point and GD. Oh, it's obviously being affected by clubs being relegated (Championship winners get the results of the 18th placed, 2nd place the 19th, and playoff winner 20th), but still ;)

1        Chelsea         93 (+ 2)  +51 (+ 1)    
--------------------------------------------
2        Man Utd         87 (+ 4)  +48 (+10) 
3        Liverpool       76 (- 6)  +28 (- 4)
4  (+ 2) Blackburn       63        + 7 (- 2)
5        Tottenham       63 (- 2)  + 5 (-10)
6  (+ 2) Bolton          61 (+ 5)  + 8 (- 1) 
7  (- 3) Arsenal         56 (-11)  +20 (-17)
8  (+ 9) Portsmouth      55 (+17)  + 3 (+28)
9  (+ 2) Everton         52 (+ 2)  - 4 (+11)
10 (- 1) West Ham        47 (- 8)  -13 (-10)
11 (+ 5) Aston Villa     46 (+ 4)  - 1 (+12)
12 (+ 3) Man City        46 (+ 3)  - 6 (- 1)
13 (- 1) Fulham          46 (- 2)  -16 (- 6)
14 (- 7) Newcastle       45 (-13)  - 7 (-12)
15 (- 5) Wigan Atletic   45 (- 6)  -13 (- 6)
16 (+ 2) Reading         43 (+ 9)  -11 (+11)
17 (- 3) Middlesborough  39 (- 6)  -16 (- 6) 
18 (- 5) Charlton        39 (- 8)  -27 (-13) 
19       Sheff Utd       37 (+ 7)  -21 (+ 6)
20       Watford         19 (+ 4)  -34 (+ 9)

You watching the game somehow Herga?

B)

Herga's been watching the whole match, and was highly impressed by our game after the 2-1 goal.

First things first, a fantastic finish by Nonda for the goal. After a great through ball from Lucas, Chris took it first time with style. After this, we were clearly the best side, Boro never looked like creating anything, and we showed some good passing football.

The penalty decision was a no-brainer, silly thing to do by a player of Neill's pedigree. We should've had one at the other end afterwards though, at that point I was hoping for someone to do Pogatetz in well. Then we managed to pull it back from a cross, arguably a tad lucky at that point - but the quality in the 1st half and the last part of the 2nd half was great to see. Morten Gamst Pedersen - take a bow, you were my man of the match. And as mentioned earlier, McCarthy acted with arrogance to annoy the youngsters in Boro's defence. Nonda is finally showing some real quality too, and Matty Derbyshire had a really good few minutes.

The best part for me was when Matty totally skinned Boro's fullback for pace and then found McCarthy with an inch-perfect cross. Too bad he didn't control it a little better.. Matty's got pace and looks a very clever player, he deserved to score on that fantastic opportunity - created by Lucas Neill and Morten Gamst Pedersen in great manner. First class attacking football that.

LOVING IT!

Archived