BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers 2 Boro 1

A great game today despite the difficult conditions, first half we played well and deserved a lead against a poor Boro side, Nonda's goal was great and he took the strike so well, second half Boro came out a lot stronger and caused us problems.

We came out the worse side in the second half, but we seemed to have a go for it once it was 1-1, Pedersen showed ue what he is capable of today and who chooses the MOM award surly Pedersen and McCarthy should have been in contention for that, I thought McCarthy's skill and techincal ability was fantastic today.

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A really good game considering the farcial conditions, what on earth has happened to the Ewood Park pitch? - it's nowhere near as good as in recent years, I remember commenting back in August that the pitch was bald as a coot, perhaps it was never right from the off due to the heatwave summer.

We seemed to adapt to the conditions much better than Boro in the first half and looked set for a comfortable win at half time. However in the second half we seemed to completely switch off for a period and Boro came right back into it. One needless penalty later (thanks Lucas) and it was looking like we might turn a comfortable three points into an unexpected defeat for a while until McCarthy conjured up a wonderful header. After that we really found our game again and with a bit more ruthlessness and a little less showboating we might have run up a cricket score at the end.

Nonda and MGP deserve special praise, the Norwegian adapted to the conditions better than anyone and I thought Nonda was excellent. Once again as jim said, and as I commented he has the knack of doing on the Gally thread, he scored another very difficult goal and made it look very easy.

Have to disagree with most people about McCarthy's contribution yesterday, in contrast to Nonda I was just thinking he was having a shocker and that conditions really didn't suit him when he popped up with his excellent winner. He does seem to have a knack of doing that, popping up to score an important goal even when he doesn't seem to be contributing much. After his goal he came to life and was a player transformed. Unlike other people though it seems I hate the showboating, when it seems to me much easier to do the simple thing and try to kill the game off. In addition we'd have been really screaming at him if it had been 1-1 and he failed to control and converrt Derbyshire's quite brilliant throughball.

Some real signs of class from Derbyshire when he came on - very encouraging.

All in all a great three points when really absolutely anything could have happened due to a complete lottery of a pitch.

Am I the only one to think that the MOM was a bit of a joke. For me - Emerton, MGP and McCarthy were all better than Oiijer.

I think it's more a case of "Give everyone at least one watch a season!" :)

He He

I am getting good at this!!

Brilliant result for the lads - I am well chuffed.

Another three points against Wigan and we will be looking up rather than down.

Just about to go out around the gate, probably write something at about 5am.

B0 lx to tha , we won bu no boor fans about. Found loads of Leeds fan and satsrts singing 'your going down with the Burnley' ey dont lime me.

lOBE ALL bLACKBURN.

I suupport the best team ever and I have all yhe friends. I love you all.

(Please don't use that word again) all you lot that said huhes ou. best thing that ever happened to rovers afetr jack. you have no idea what your on about. you should noy be so lucty to be supporting a team like blackburn the club dont deserv it.

i lo9ve yuou lit, your greatm ow many other team have fans like us. i have so many friends on this borad and you are all great,.

been drinking z;llloyuyz that polish beer in weatherspoons brough tbatcj the grat memories of olonad.

walked home - 1 mile singing ging don the colton road and tugay you are my delight of turneky.

2-1 i knoiw it. when we beat wigna all you sad cocks who doubted us will sday i was wronyf. why would you want to support anyone else. i would support blacknurn in div 3 qnd i would still olove it week in week out.

billy sharp

i should stop coming on here but at the momnemt there is too much to celebrate abuo even though i have been ill allmi think about is roves and i hope i dont ,iss a game as i ave the bvest life in the world

ssorry about the spe;;ong i have fat fngers and i have one too many

i lo9ve you all and see you at wongam

ohhhh rovers we loves you

289,games on the tropt in 7 years abd i would not ant to spend my life any other way.

I have the best life in the world and the best friends

Just an update regarding the collapsed supporter. I can reveal that the Police Officers who attended to him have probably saved his life. The gentleman was very poorly but after cpr was given he is now in a comfortable state in hospital.

Well done those two Officers :)

Nonda deserves much praise for his goal. Side-footing home with precision and power on the run a through ball that is dropping in over your left shoulder is an extremely difficult skill. He made it look easy.

Indeed a most difficult skill which he executed with ease, and I am sure Jim that you will not mind me mentioning the absolutely superb pass from Lucas Neill that created the goal. ;)

Potential banana skin this match and difficult to call. Just as we came out fighting after the Arse match we could now quite easily come out punching light after the Liverpool victory. It's all about attitude today and although we dont get many a draw might be on the cards.

Ooops wrong again BUT it was slippy out there! :)

btw MGP played well but imo the official MoM Ooijer was spot on. Up against the difficult Viduka and Yakuba he never put a foot wrong.

Penalty? No idea wtf was in Neill's head nor in Bentleys either. Both gave away the stupid fouls that lead up to it for no good reason.

Can be a bugger typing with 11 fingers. How do you find gloves that fit?

Not an awful lot to add but I thought we closed the game out very well. Boro looked completely demoralised and the combination of Benni and MGP in particular were crucial to giving us an enjoyable last ten minutes. In years gone by we'd have packed our own penalty area and faced a barrage for the last ten minutes. Players like McCarthy, for all the "flashy" stuff, are brilliant at making sure that doesn't happen. He might not work like Dickov but when you can keep the ball in the corner for five minutes and still create chances it doesn't matter at all.

After his goal he came to life and was a player transformed. Unlike other people though it seems I hate the showboating, when it seems to me much easier to do the simple thing and try to kill the game off. In addition we'd have been really screaming at him if it had been 1-1 and he failed to control and converrt Derbyshire's quite brilliant throughball.

Some real signs of class from Derbyshire when he came on - very encouraging.

All in all a great three points when really absolutely anything could have happened due to a complete lottery of a pitch.

Rev back to agreeing with you on this one. One of my bug bears the showboating - leave it for when the team is 3+ goals up - and even then it sends my nerves into jitters.

As for the pitch - what a gem - sorts the footballers out from the drongs, makes them have to think more. Made for an entertaining game in a strange sort of way but took me back to the early eighties pitches.

On the Debyshire note - thought he should have buried the chance (again) and probably connected too well IMO, thats 2 clear cut now that he has missed - the next will be third time lucky and in the onion bag, certainly made a difference and provided an outlet - keep it up sonny your time will come.

Overall , great result and a satisfying end to 2006

I love benni's post match interviews, he's great.

He might be the most skillful player (in terms of showboating) that we've ever had, I think it's great.

Pedersen was very good yesterday, just a shame his best match of the season comes just before the transfer window opens.

Neill's challange was poor, dead cert pen, although it should have been levelled up at the other end. pogatetz should have been off the pitch.

We all love you to Jordan.

Nonda and MGP deserve special praise, the Norwegian adapted to the conditions better than anyone and I thought Nonda was excellent. Once again as jim said, and as I commented he has the knack of doing on the Gally thread, he scored another very difficult goal and made it look very easy.

One swallow doesn't make a summer and all that but certainly there has been an improvement in both Nonda and MGP...both since they were dropped or, in MGP's case, subbed at half-time. Long may it continue although Nonda needs to keep scoring more regularly because at the present rate his scoring record isn't far off that of Dickov or Kuqi. Both of whom, despite possessing little talent, did work extremely hard off the ball. The jury is still out though on whether the partnership with Benni is the way for us to go.

anybody got a link for the goals? i've tried footytube but nothing there.

i don't remember watching football first lastnight as i had one to many but was told this morning i was watching it at 3ish am and woke the house up with my vocals hahaha.

Silent meals for you for the rest of the day JP10! ;)

It's been while since we had someone with Benni's skills and it was a joy to watch. OK, so maybe his efforts may have been better used to try and get another goal, but it seems to gee up the others. Once Benni Started the tricks Gamst seemed to want to get in on the act. He went past his man about 10 times in the last ten minutes!! :o

Well done to Derbyshire, could have made 2 or threee goals and should have had one for himself. Hopefully he is finding his feet a little and it wasn't down to Boro being knackered and useless ;)

B0 lx to tha , we won bu no boor fans about. Found loads of Leeds fan and satsrts singing 'your going down with the Burnley' ey dont lime me.

lOBE ALL bLACKBURN.

I suupport the best team ever and I have all yhe friends. I love you all.

(Please don't use that word again) all you lot that said huhes ou. best thing that ever happened to rovers afetr jack. you have no idea what your on about. you should noy be so lucty to be supporting a team like blackburn the club dont deserv it.

i lo9ve yuou lit, your greatm ow many other team have fans like us. i have so many friends on this borad and you are all great,.

been drinking z;llloyuyz that polish beer in weatherspoons brough tbatcj the grat memories of olonad.

walked home - 1 mile singing ging don the colton road and tugay you are my delight of turneky.

2-1 i knoiw it. when we beat wigna all you sad cocks who doubted us will sday i was wronyf. why would you want to support anyone else. i would support blacknurn in div 3 qnd i would still olove it week in week out.

billy sharp

i should stop coming on here but at the momnemt there is too much to celebrate abuo even though i have been ill allmi think about is roves and i hope i dont ,iss a game as i ave the bvest life in the world

i lo9ve you all and see you at wongam

ohhhh rovers we loves you

289,games on the tropt in 7 years abd i would not ant to spend my life any other way.

I have the best life in the world and the best friends

Oh dear, what happened here? I really should stop going on the internet after a night out.

Enjoyed the game, the conditions certainly made it interesting!!!

Agree that mgp and nonda were silky dreams, everyone played a part, even lucas did though at times he passed to the wrong team and performed wwf style moves in the box :ph34r:

Happy new year to all :rover:

Enjoyed the game, the conditions certainly made it interesting!!!

Agree that mgp and nonda were silky dreams, everyone played a part, even lucas did though at times he passed to the wrong team and performed wwf style moves in the box :ph34r:

Happy new year to all :rover:

Happy New Year to you too Robertson. I fully agree with what you say, but I must admit to being stumped on the meaning of "wwf" If someone could help please?

Happy New Year to you too Robertson. I fully agree with what you say, but I must admit to being stumped on the meaning of "wwf" If someone could help please?

world wrestling federation (now world wrestling entertainment)

Archived