BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Fergie

ABBEY

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In the states, ManYoo is the only team many have heard of, so I HATE it when they succeed!

However, I look at it this way, Although he's earned respect as a great manager, I can't stand Fergie, because of his whining rants in the media. I respect him and his achievements, but I can't stand him.

Once he's retired, I'll probably like him more because I won't have to read or hear his ridiculous rants against refs one week after having not conceeding that he'd been gifted a goal in the 6th minute of 4 minutes of extra time....

Without wanting to start a new threat but did anyone see the Valencia - Inter match tonight. There was a massive brawl at the end. It made Arsenal - Chelsea look like handbags. There were punches thrown and players drop kicking other players.

Inter/Valencia ruckus

TBH Jordan, me and you hitting each other with handbags could make Arsenal and Chelsea's barney look like handbags ;)

Simon

• 6 months later...

Two Scottish drunks meet at Euston station

Whilst not condoning acts of violence or the punch in Fergie's groin, I think it's fair to say that not many tears will be shed for the United manager. After all, Ferguson is not averse to kicking boots at players and throwing cups of tea at people. Although I don't agree with Glenn Hoddle's views on karma - perhaps in this case there's a touch of "what goes around comes around".

For many years at Old Trafford, Ferguson has been a deeply unpleasant obnoxious cantankerous barsteward. Some people may view Monday's punch in the groin as a case of Fergie getting a taste of his own medicine.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The man's a clown. In yesterday's Observer there was a report of him claiming he and his staff were 'in danger' at The Emirates by virtue of the fact that they were getting dog's abuse from the crowd behind the bench. Talk about clutching at straws. It would be funny if he clearly didn't mean every word of it. I'm annoyed Arsenal didn't bury them on Saturday as Ferguson consistently deserves nothing from football.

The man's a clown. In yesterday's Observer there was a report of him claiming he and his staff were 'in danger' at The Emirates by virtue of the fact that they were getting dog's abuse from the crowd behind the bench. Talk about clutching at straws. It would be funny if he clearly didn't mean every word of it. I'm annoyed Arsenal didn't bury them on Saturday as Ferguson consistently deserves nothing from football.

Every time that proud father Arsene Wenger goes to "The Theatre of Mechandising" he has to put up with chants about being a peadophile by the scumbags that go there.

• 2 months later...

I hope that later in the season there's no bleating from Alex Ferguson about "fixture congestion" - because that would confirm to me again what a hypocrite the Scottish ogre is.

For those not aware, just before United's match against Spurs in the FA Cup, they made a lucrative trip to Saudi Arabia. In return for a £1m fee, they played a fixture against that well-known Saudi Arabian outfit Al Hilal.

United fielded a strong line-up in the match - including Ronaldo, Rooney and Tevez. So after dragging his top United players to the Middle East on this 6,500-mile round trip, I hope we won't hear Fergie moaning about the number of games he has to play.

The £1m fee that United got from the Saudi match is in my view blood money. Please allow me to explain.

Whilst I'm not allowed to talk specifically about religion on here anymore, I'm allowed to talk about what happens in actual countries. I'm allowed, for example, to say that the French eat frogs' legs, the Germans like sausages and the Dutch make wooden clogs and like to ride bicycles.

Well the Saudis - dare I say it - are big on torture and violence. There was a recent case of a public lashing of a woman who was gang-raped 14 times. (She was publicly lashed for being sexually promiscuous). Saudi Arabian "justice" is regularly administered via stonings and beheadings.

The 65,000 fans who attended Al Hilal's match against Man United were ALL males. (Women are forbidden from attending public events like this).

So how sickening it is that Alex Ferguson is willing to pose for pictures over there and pay lip service to the Saudis.

How sickening that Fergie apparently sees nothing wrong with banning women from a football match in a country where women's rights are non-existent.

How sickening that Fergie is happy to give a PR boost to a Saudi regime which is barbaric, murderous and one of the world's worst abusers of human rights.

And what a pity that the liberal media in this country who like to suck up to the big clubs, didn't properly take Ferguson to task for this and ask serious questions about his judgement.

So please Fergie - don't ever talk about "fixture congestion" again. Because you were quite happy to get your hands on a million quid's worth of blood money and you should be ashamed of yourself.

err, I think the Glazers needed the nice little earner to go towards the interest payments.

Surely Ferguson would have had a veto on that. If Fergie didn't want to take his players like Rooney and Ronaldo to Saudi Arabia, he could have told the Glazers: "No, I'm not going."

Would the Glazers have sacked him for refusing to go ? I think not. I suspect Fergie could have easily said "No".

For one of the world's biggest clubs to have greedily accepted this 1m fee is a disgrace. Clearly Merchandising United care far more about money than they do about rape victims being lashed.

Please read the link below. After reading it, can anybody then justify Man United going there?

Saudis back 200 lashes for rape victim

It's inhuman, medieval and barbaric.

I think everybody associated with Old Trafford - including the Glazers and the United management team who could have refused to go - should be ashamed of themselves for giving a PR boost to this ghastly Saudi regime.

Ferguson refuses to talk to the BBC, but other journalists, instead of sucking up to Fergie, should be asking him to justify this trip, given the barbarity of the Saudi regime.

Surely Ferguson would have had a veto on that. If Fergie didn't want to take his players like Rooney and Ronaldo to Saudi Arabia, he could have told the Glazers: "No, I'm not going."

Would the Glazers have sacked him for refusing to go ? I think not. I suspect Fergie could have easily said "No".

For one of the world's biggest clubs to have greedily accepted this 1m fee is a disgrace. Clearly Merchandising United care far more about money than they do about rape victims being lashed.

Please read the link below. After reading it, can anybody then justify Man United going there?

I think everybody associated with Old Trafford - including the Glazers and the United management team who could have refused to go - should be ashamed of themselves for giving a PR boost to this ghastly Saudi regime.

Ferguson refuses to talk to the BBC, but other journalists, instead of sucking up to Fergie, should be asking him to justify this trip, given the barbarity of the Saudi regime.

But on the other hand..........

https://www.uktradeinvest.gov.uk/ukti/appma...d=/saudi_arabia

If I was a Fotball Manager I wouldn't give a toss whats happens in which country, I'd just like my team to go out and win.

Fergies a Manager not an MP.

If I was a Fotball Manager I wouldn't give a toss whats happens in which country, I'd just like my team to go out and win.

Fergies a Manager not an MP.

There are so many points that I would like to take up with you about that comment. But I can't be bothered.

Apart from the fact that AESF is completely and utterly correct and you, sir or madam, are a toad of the first water.

He is right, they are playing a sport not MP's.

If there is such moral outrage at the injustices then it is up to elected officials to make the changes.

The only thing that Mancs should have considered is player safety, what happens off the field in someone else's SOVEREIGN country is not for the sporting arena.

In fact why play football at all as I am sure the balls, nets, boots, strips, whistles, line marking equipment, electronic scoreboards are manufactured in countries who have less moral fibre then expected of them by us. China anyone?

On a slightly less serious note than saving the world I noticed that the old RFW wasn't happy about seven of his players getting yellow cards at Spurs and came out with a comment along the lines of:

"There's something wrong when six Manchester United players are getting booked"

(He miscounted.)

Quite - I mean how dare they? :rolleyes:

A clear admission he thinks his players should receive preferential treatment?.

And what a pity that the liberal media in this country who like to suck up to the big clubs, didn't properly take Ferguson to task for this and ask serious questions about his judgement.

Cobblers as usual. The ignorance and hypocrisy of United's trip to Saudi Arabia was highighted in the Observer (hardly a tome of conservative sentiment) last week; long before you inexplicably linked Manchester United to the 'liberal media'. A big story in the Sun, Mail and Express was it?

Archived