BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Fergie

ABBEY

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You can slate Fergie all you like, but he usually reacts like this when Man Utd have been defeated (in an important game).

It deflects attention from the result and from his players. From him, it is about moving onto the next game and forgetting the fact you have been beaten.

Hughes is similar but maybe not as extreme in some of his comments.

Good managers are very protective of their clubs, certainly in the glare of the public.

You can slate Fergie all you like, but he usually reacts like this when Man Utd have been defeated (in an important game).

It deflects attention from the result and from his players.

It's a big part of why I hate him. God he's an obnoxious ass.

Even putting aside the alledged penalty claims Man Utd should have been in a comfortable lead before the sending off/penalty, Fergie should be laying into his so called £80,000 a week players on why they couldn't find the net, well done Mr Atkinson for having the bottle to send a Man Utd player off at Old Trafford.

Listenend to the legends phone in on Century, first caller was moaning about Portsmouths tactics and later on a guy phoned in about how Man Utd dont get that many decisions going their way at Old Tafford, yeah right , Spurs goal that never was even though the ball was a mile behind the line is just one example.

• 5 weeks later...

Fergie's son is a disgusting wife beater....

There are not many more cowardly despicable crimes than attacking a woman. For a man to either raise his fist or kick out at a woman shows him to be a contemptible creature in my eyes.

I can't say that I'm entirely surprised though to read today that Fergie's son Darren, who played for Man United under his father between 1990 to 1994, and who is now the manager of Peterborough United, has been fined £1,500 (and ordered to pay £200 in court costs) for assaulting his wife. Darren admitted kicking his wife Nadine in the stomach, causing her to fall to the ground outside Sir Alex's home in Wilmslow, Cheshire.

I've long believed that Sir Alex is a brute and it would appear that this is a case of 'Like father, like son', in the sense that Darren also has a volatile temper which he finds difficult to control.

For anybody who hasn't read Alan Green's interesting autobiography called "The Green Line", I'd strongly recommend it to people, particularly for the excellent chapter by Green about Ferguson. Alan rightly lambasts Fergie for being the worst type of arrogant obnoxious bully. (I'm not advertising, I have no vested interest, but you can pick up a copy of his book for just a couple of quid, plus postage, at the link HERE )

There was more hypocrisy from Fergie recently when he criticised Real Madrid for what he called their attempts at 'tapping up' Christiano Ronaldo. Ferguson said: "This happens every year from Madrid. There's no point in reporting it. Nothing will be done."

Yet Fergie is the man who, as Jaap Stam revealed in his autobiography, tapped up the Dutch defender while he was at PSV Eindhoven. (Stam also revealed in his book that Fergie told his United players to dive in the penalty box.)

I also remember Alex Ferguson's home visits to Van Nistelrooy when he still played for PSV Eindhoven. Not surprisingly, PSV directors don't think very highly of Fergie. They also said that Ferguson invited Arjen Robben to Manchester without contacting them. (In the end of course, Robben decided to join Chelsea.)

As Alan Green rightly points out in his book, Fergie is a bully and a hypocrite. And now we know that his son Darren is a disgusting wife beater.

Link: Darren Ferguson admits wife attack

• 3 weeks later...

Ferguson is apparently behaving like a prick by waving his finger and admonishing the linesman for having the nerve to award a penalty against MU! According to Five Live (who have the same monitor in front of them as the old RFW) the pen was just.

Don't really care who wins the Prem - it's become a bit of an irrelevance to most teams since it became a 2 club carve up. However, it is funny laughing at whichever team doesn't win. That's 3 games running at least where Utd have messed up to some extent and now with injuries to Rooney and Vidic resurfacing Barcelona must fancy their Champions league chances even more.

just seen fergie whinging whining moaning groaning,slagging refs off for not giving them pens and slagging the lino for daring to give a pen against man u in a big game ,he named mike riley for being a bad ref against utd....classic priceless tv.....WILL HE BROUGHT IN FRONT OF THE BIGWIGS FOR HIS TIRADE??? DOUBT IT

i was going to edit my post and put keeganesque...its a must see when someone you tubes it...can you believe the gaul of him by saying about a penalty being awarded in a big match AND IT WAS THE 1ST CHUFFING PEN AGAINST THEM ALL SEASON THE FIRST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!SHOWS ME WHICH WAY REFS GO WHEN IT TAKES 3 MATCHES FROM THE END OF SEASON FOR A PEN TO BE AWARDED AGINST MANURE

Manchester United assistant manager Carlos Queiroz was furious with referee Alan Wiley after the 2-1 defeat by title rivals Chelsea.

Michael Ballack scored a late penalty for the Blues but Queiroz feels Ballack should have also conceded a penalty for an apparent foul on Cristiano Ronaldo.

Queiroz said: "How can the referee not see that Ballack has jumped on Ronaldo?

"It must be necessary for a player to bring a gun and shoot one of our men in the box for us to get a penalty."...............

............... Queiroz strongly believes that United are being treated unfairly by match officials.

He added: "The referee was five metres away from both penalty incidents but he gives only one penalty.

...................."We are not in the FA Cup final because of a bad decision when we should have had a penalty against Portsmouth.

..................."Against Barcelona in the Champions League on Wednesday, there should have been three penalties but only one was given.

"Something is wrong with football."

I've wondered frequently why referees continually put up with being humiliated by players cheating penalties out of them. We all saw Rooney take a dive last week at Ewood of course but maybe, just maybe the worm is turning.... albeit unoficially.

I am tempted to quote some good advice from the bible (if I'm allowed to nowadays) .... "As ye sow, so shall ye reap" . Ronaldo has got so many iffy penalties by diving that it's becoming obvious that the refs 'union' has decided that enough's enough. It must be sh1t for a ref sitting at home watching MoTD and getting slated by the pundits because you have been conned by a diver..... much worse in the case of a Portugese lady boy. Maybe thats why MU have been awarded so few penalties recently.

I suppose the pleasure of seeing Roma spanked for 7 and the temporary halt of the march of the Roman Empire has dulled the visceral hatred of all things Manc.

Today has set the fires burning after a good kindling last week.

I think they are in deep doodoo getting ready for the Barca game and I rather hope Chelsea pull off one of the most unlikely doubles in history depite having a flawed manager and squad.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/

It appears that the the old 'racist' allegation will be wheeled out for the defence of MU's post match rucus. And why not? After all it was ridiculously (and ludicrously) successful in the defence of Cantona all those years ago when trotted out by Utd director Wadkins. 'The "###### hit the fan" incident when white caucasian yob Matthew Simmons got physically assaulted by white caucasian knob Eric Cantona after spitting out 'Fcukoff you French mothrefkcuer'. Insulting, inciting? Certainly but hardly racist! Still MU rule most things don't they?

2-1 - Game on for Chelsea and the title. Could West Ham stop United??

I think they should bring Ludo Miklosko back for that game. It's a shame they don't have Wigan at home and then West Ham away. It would bring back great memories if West Ham stopped them again on the last day :)

Doesn't it speak volumes about the attitudes that prevail at United when they are genuinely 'furious' about a penalty being awarded against them in spite of the fact that Carrick handled the ball in the 18 yard box? They believe that one set of rules exists for them and another for all other teams, including their fellow 'Big Four' clubs.

The reaction on the pitch from the like of Ferdinand and Hargreaves (who has become particularly objectionable since joing United, perhaps in attempt to compensate for his funny Canadian accent and his suspicious ability to speak German) was nothing short of disgraceful, considering it was such a cast-iron decision.

The example set by their management is to blame though. They are responsible for the delusions and arrogance that runs through the players and the diatribes from Ferguson and Queiroz ('Something is wrong in football' - yes Carlos, Manchester United are very, very wrong) are indicative of that. Queiroz's attempt to label Ballack's handling of Ronaldo as being worthy of a penalty is utterly spurious. That type of thing happens every week in all levels of competition and is almost always ignored (probably because the 'victim' is never near the ball), so to start whinging about it after your side's just been beaten is preposterous and completely without merit.

I have to say I love giving refs a bit a stick at a match but deep down and with a bit of perspective you have to say that out of the 23 men out there he is the only one who plays the game in the spirit it was intended.

Its a joke when players (most of whom are proven cheats out for whatever advantage they can get) come on TV and question the referee (bearing in mind they have just spent 90 minutes trying to cheat and pull the wool over his eyes) and a little distasteful when managers (many of whom set their teams up to cheat) then come on and also question the integrity of the ref particularly when they defend the more blatant cheating of their players in the same interview.

I have to say I love giving refs a bit a stick at a match but deep down and with a bit of perspective you have to say that out of the 23 men out there he is the only one who plays the game in the spirit it was intended.

I've seen plenty of instances that make me doubt that.

And there are instances of players playing the game in the spirit it was intended too. Di Canio and Fowler have displayed great sportsmanship in the past for instance.

Archived