BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers Season Ticket 07/08

Season Tickets 07/08  

317 members have voted

1. 1. What will you be doing?

• I'm a non season ticket holder, but will get one.
    • I will be renewing in my current seat.
    • I will be renewing, but in another section.
    • I'm not renewing, but will go to more games.
    • I'm unable to attend Ewood, but good idea.
    • My names Vinjay I dont live in the real world

I don't know what you do for a living ad0102 but I bet it isn't accountancy. :rover:

imo A real success would have seen those figures the other way around.

I know where you are coming from - but the increase in revenue from an increase in crowds goes beyond just the season ticket price itself. There will be without doubt an increase in match day programmes, drinks etc. - also the larger the crowds the more sponsorship we can expect to get.

All in all - I wouldn't be surprised if Rovers only show a small overall deficit from the 25% ticket reduction over the season because of increased revenue in other places.

• Replies 746
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Blackburn's season ticket sales have gone up 15% since the prices were cut by an average of 25%, funded by television revenue (Sunday Times).

I'm disappointed Rovers didnt pull in more fans than 14500, but having watched MOTD last night it doesnt look like Rovers are on their own in struggling to sell seats.

...watched MOTD last night it doesnt look like Rovers are on their own in struggling to sell seats.

I noticed empty seats at Brum, Fulham and Portsmouth. I noticed Portsmouth have stuck a roof on the away end, and moved it to the other end of the terrace. Bolton took about 100 fans.

I know where you are coming from - but the increase in revenue from an increase in crowds goes beyond just the season ticket price itself. There will be without doubt an increase in match day programmes, drinks etc. - also the larger the crowds the more sponsorship we can expect to get.

All in all - I wouldn't be surprised if Rovers only show a small overall deficit from the 25% ticket reduction over the season because of increased revenue in other places.

I posted a quote a while back that matchday revenue per person is normally higher than ticket revenue per person.

Well we moved into the JW this season. More foul language from the BWSNTM in one game than a whole season in the Family Stand!!! :lol: and boy does it take a long time to get in, never seen a crowd so slow up the stairs. Good seats and an excellent view.

Saw some regulars from here. seemed to be behaving themselves. ;)

Guest fernhurstblue

BWSNTM - ????? new seats in the top tier and a very good view (although the old guy next to me needs to calm down a bit) good to see you paul ..... it takes ages to get out/in (old biddy alert!) and the service behind the bars is worse than ever!

I don't know what you do for a living ad0102 but I bet it isn't accountancy. :rover:

imo A real success would have seen those figures the other way around.

I am a qualified accountant although I dont practice anymore. Found something more interesting to do nowadays.

I stand by my statement, and I would do the sums for you but I cant be bothered.

I will say that Rovers are their performance yesterday deserve to fill the ground with season ticket holders.

A letter from Rovers dropped through the door last Friday saying what a good game and atmosphere at the Arsenal match. It offered a refund of the Arsenal ticket price on the purchase of a season ticket. It convinced me and I was down to the ticket office on Saturday. Fair play to Rovers, they really are pulling out all the stops on ticket sales this year.

:brfc:

A letter from Rovers dropped through the door last Friday saying what a good game and atmosphere at the Arsenal match. It offered a refund of the Arsenal ticket price on the purchase of a season ticket. It convinced me and I was down to the ticket office on Saturday. Fair play to Rovers, they really are pulling out all the stops on ticket sales this year.

:brfc:

An excellent idea! The club must be congratulated on that bit of marketing :tu::tu::tu:

Yesterday I was at a loose end therefore I decided to get myself down to the Wetherby Road Ground and watch Harrogate Town V's Hyde United. I paid £12.00 to get in which is over twice as much as I will be paying on Thursday night to watch Premiership players playing in a European compertition. I went to the game with a Leeds United Season ticket holder and he pays over £400 for his Season Ticket and that is for second division football. It really sank in that we must be the luckiest fans in the league and what a great job the club are doing.

You may also be interested to know that Darren Dunning played and scored Town's second. Cracking goal as well....Volley from 20 yards out. Thats 5 wins out of 5.

If you want to keep the security staff at Tesco and Halfords busy try wandering through the store exit security scanner with an ST in your pocket!! :D If we're not there on Sunday it's because we've been banged-up for shoplifting :ph34r:

Archived