BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers Season Ticket 07/08

Season Tickets 07/08  

317 members have voted

1. 1. What will you be doing?

• I'm a non season ticket holder, but will get one.
    • I will be renewing in my current seat.
    • I will be renewing, but in another section.
    • I'm not renewing, but will go to more games.
    • I'm unable to attend Ewood, but good idea.
    • My names Vinjay I dont live in the real world

10% + upturn following a downward trend locally and nationally in attendances shows a genuine resurgence in committment and interest in BRFC.

I have to agree with the overall 'feel good' factor surrounding the club at the moment,the large and enthusiastic following at Preston a taste of things to come?......

Lets hope so, the club deserves it! :rover:

Burnley and Preston are both down on season tickets sales,would it be too far fetched to imagine many have had their heads turned towards Ewood park?.In a selfish way I say sod 'em thats not our problem, Rovers must and will continue to be East Lancashires PREMIER football club whatever it takes.

• Replies 746
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Burnley and Preston are both down on season tickets sales,would it be too far fetched to imagine many have had their heads turned towards Ewood park?.

I'm aware that a number of Preston lads have got Rovers season tickets for the first time, due to value for money.

After a bit of thinking and having no NI games to travel too for qualifiers from Oct/Nov onwards for the season I've decided I'm going to apply for a season ticket (qualify as a young adult at 21 which helps cut the cost down a bit). Wanted to see a bit more of Rovers and I thought why not...

Anyway I'm thinking of applying for a seat in the Blackburn End (Lower tier). Anyone got any advice on whereabouts in the Blackburn End or maybe persuade me to opt for another stand?

Ta

Don't know about young adult tickets but if cost is an issue then why not sit in the Riverside? If you can find a seat in the middle areas and more than 10 rows back you get a good view of the entire match (not just the action at one end) and stay dry. Alternatively if you are'nt bothered about the actual football played then the BBurn end will be fine.

Increasingly popular seats where you can mingle with many of BRFC's finest and most fervent long standing fans of all time.... Most fans here have the most comprensive knowledge of BRFC history and provide excellent banter and cameraderie. Free parking lierally within seconds of the pitch, seats which are warm and dry with the finest views of every incident, with food and alcohol freely available all through the match here......

http://www.hordens.com/oldsite/index.asp

or even here...

http://www.a1tourism.com/uk/a11423.html

450 quid to watch the tripe nobend are like;y to serve up this season !! I think not, surely even Prestonners must realise there is an issue there !!

Exactly, for £300 you can watch far superior football in a larger crowd with a better atmosphere, surely, if Rovers can sustain the price and improve the quality of the product each year as Mark Hughes and everyone else at the club has acheived so far.

Only then will Rovers begin to break down those small town mentality Lancashire borders that seem to exist in this part of the world, but the hardest thing is it has to be sustained continous improvement.

Did anyone else here the advert this morning on TalkSport? Hat's off to the club for trying to spread the word. The advert starts off with a bloke singing - I think it was something about "Barmy Armchair!, Barmy Armchair!" - I wasn't really listening at first. Anyway the adverts a plug for our Season Tickets at the cheap prices. Good effort I thought and if anything fans of other clubs will realise how much they are being fleeced.

Only then will Rovers begin to break down those small town mentality Lancashire borders that seem to exist in this part of the world,

God knows I've tried! Pure, inescapable logic, common sense, solid reasoning etc etc nothing works with most posters.

Did anyone else here the advert this morning on TalkSport? Hat's off to the club for trying to spread the word.

I haven't heard it but I'm told we have a very good advert running on Century FM. probably the same one.

Did anyone else here the advert this morning on TalkSport? Hat's off to the club for trying to spread the word. The advert starts off with a bloke singing - I think it was something about "Barmy Armchair!, Barmy Armchair!" - I wasn't really listening at first. Anyway the adverts a plug for our Season Tickets at the cheap prices. Good effort I thought and if anything fans of other clubs will realise how much they are being fleeced.

Just caught the back end of it yesterday.

If it's the same one....it was commissioned by Rovers at the start of the season ticket campaign. Was done by a mate of mine at Rock FM.

MP3 file copy here (1.5Mb)....

Paul is this the same one as on Century, my mate said only Talksport have paid for it....think he's after some more comission!!!

Paul and I were at the Fans' Forum pre-meeting last night and someone said they had heard a radio ad and thought it was on Century bur weren't sure - it may be that it was the TalkSport one they heard.

If it's the same one....it was commissioned by Rovers at the start of the season ticket campaign. Was done by a mate of mine at Rock FM.

MP3 file copy here (1.5Mb)....

Paul is this the same one as on Century, my mate said only Talksport have paid for it....think he's after some more comission!!!

Nice to see the club putting the effort in but I'm not too sure about the "feel every tackle" bit. Not something I've ever seen in my part of the Blackburn End. B)

God knows I've tried! Pure, inescapable logic, common sense, solid reasoning etc etc nothing works with most posters.

We've always got to remain Blackburn Rovers Football club though theno, that flys the flag for the whole of Lancashire with no barriers attached, i know thats hard when you think of Burnley but we have to open our arms to them aswell though many of them wont take up the offer.

The key bit is sustainability, far lower prices than our near rivals matched with better football - not easy!.

Possibly a new railway link at Ewood, increased parking spaces and given time.... the attraction will grow, how fast by how much, i dont know, maybe there will be some other key issues that need to occur that will affect individuals like the Blackburn End bouncing or rocking to the football beat of the the club in a positive manner (i.e.Liverpool kop).

Possibly a new railway link at Ewood, increased parking spaces and given time.... the attraction will grow, how fast by how much, i dont know, maybe there will be some other key issues that need to occur that will affect individuals like the Blackburn End bouncing or rocking to the football beat of the the club in a positive manner (i.e.Liverpool kop).

With the congestion charge in Manchester could there be an argument to create 'Ewood Parkway' as a commuter station during the week and a footy station at weekends? Still a long haul into Manchester 7 days a week mind (which is why I moved...)

Paul and I were at the Fans' Forum pre-meeting last night and someone said they had heard a radio ad and thought it was on Century bur weren't sure - it may be that it was the TalkSport one they heard.

The ad has never been on Century, only Rock FM and Talksport.

I believe Lee stated a few weeks back that it was 13,500 last season, and heading towards 15,000 this season :rolleyes: - that was meant to be a smiley face LOL!

Err, well I mentioned that sales were 'fast approaching' 14,000, which is the point where we are now.

Fingers crossed for 15,000 sth's come the first home game of the season against Arsenal, come on your waverers, you know what to do.

Does anyone know if we'll be issued with new saeson ticket cards this year or are we still to use the one we've had for the last 2 seasons?

I thought I had read that we were to receive new one, but have not received anything through the post as yet...

Does anyone know if we'll be issued with new saeson ticket cards this year or are we still to use the one we've had for the last 2 seasons?

I thought I had read that we were to receive new one, but have not received anything through the post as yet...

Everyone gets a new one, I believe they will start sending them out as from tomorrow.

Will they be sent out by special delivery? ( probably a question for Lee)

Just a little comment to make about the whole season ticket debate. I got my first season ticket in ten years last season and I'm so glad I did. You can still be a supporter and not get to the games but god once you go back you just get hooked all over again! I'm glad that they have cut the prices of tickets this season as I know for some lack of visits to Ewood is a cost thing, and I think everyone wants bigger crowds as that's when the atmosphere is at its best.

I know a 'lost' season ticket holder, even a lost Ewood visitor (no games for last 2 years) because my dad is one of them. For over 30 years he had a season ticket. He was in the 100 Club when the fans were paying the players wages in the 70's, he contributed to the Burnley flyover and wore the resulting 'Blackburn Rovers Flying Club' T-shirt with pride as a Rover through and through. Most of all he got me into football - I was brainwashed from an early age and thought my sweatshirt saying 'me and my dad support Blackburn Rovers' was the height of fashion. We went to watch Rovers away all over the country and I enjoyed every minute.

2 seasons ago my dad told me he was not renewing his season ticket - he just said he was disillusioned with football - the changing kick off times, the behaviour and wages of players and the feeling that the fans had been left behind. Last season I tried several times to get him to a game - I even offered to go via Ribchester to pick him up from my home in Manchester so he could have a few beers at the game all to no avail. I couldn't even get him to come to Old Trafford for the Semi which was really poor.

Anyway, I think my dad has sensed that times are a changing once more. I rang him last Friday and thought I would waste my breath one more time and ask him to come to the Preston game. To my amazement he said he would and he had an absolute ball! I don't think that any Rovers fan at Deepdale could have any complaints and the atmosphere in the stand was brilliant. I could see that my dad was once again getting hooked in front of my eyes.

He's not got that season ticket yet but I think if I can get him to one of the early games at Ewood he will be a regular attendee once again. The lack of Rovers games on TV can only help that cause!

Keep the faith and bring on the Boro!

Archived