BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers Season Ticket 07/08

Season Tickets 07/08  

317 members have voted

1. 1. What will you be doing?

• I'm a non season ticket holder, but will get one.
    • I will be renewing in my current seat.
    • I will be renewing, but in another section.
    • I'm not renewing, but will go to more games.
    • I'm unable to attend Ewood, but good idea.
    • My names Vinjay I dont live in the real world

• Replies 746
  • Created
  • Last Reply
lol! :D now i feel i am only a couple of rungs below you now Lee ;)

In all fairness cletus they are MASSIVE rungs. Buying a season ticket clearly still leaves you and I well short of Lee's status. I just can't believe you didn't have a season ticket before, you looked like the type to have one (head, arms that sort of thing). Very deceptive. Like a Blue and White version of the bloke in that filum The Usual Suspects.

With the increased sales of season tickets, what average crowd can we expect?

Will the reduced prices attract more visitors?

:brfc:

I'm sure the reduced prices will entice more away fans but more importantly our home crowd(walk on's) too...hoping for an average near to 25,000

The Arsenal fixture will see a very healthy crowd indeed on Ewood.

Club started to post out STs on August 8th, from what the official site says the mailing was completed by Friday 10th.

Bearing in mind the problems with the post strike couldn't they have sent them a bit sooner? I received something yesterday that had taken nine days to come from Liverpool.

I'm sure the reduced prices will entice more away fans but more importantly our home crowd(walk on's) too...hoping for an average near to 25,000

The Arsenal fixture will see a very healthy crowd indeed on Ewood.

Just for info`s sake :huh: ......here`s our league attendances vs Arsenal since the prem began :-

...att....season

16,454 (92/93)

14,051 (93/94)

23,452 (94/95)

29,834 (95/96)

24,303 (96/97)

28,212 (97/98)

27,012 (98/99)

...n/a.. (99/00)....div 1

...n/a.. (00/01)....div 1

25,893 (01/02)

29,840 (02/03)

28,627 (03/04)

22,992 (04/05)

22,504 (05/06)

21,852 (06/07)

/////////////////

total att:- 315,026

ave att = 24,233

:tu:

Don't take this as gospel philipl, but although that article doesn't mention this I'm pretty sure I remember hearing that the cheapest STs at Bradford were if you committed to something like a 10 year ST (say it cost 1500 quid, therefore 150 quid per season). In one way, having that sort of initiative when you're in the lowest division means a lot of potential for the fans - watch your team play a couple of divisions higher for the same price as now - and forget inflation affecting prices. Not to say that's not a method but something like that wouldn't find favour with some folk.

Yep ive got mine on sat morning, looking nice in that crisp yellow for a y/p season ticket!! Looking forward to Arsenal, with it being the first home game of the season and not on tv (arse should bring 4-5k) we should be looking at a 26k plus crowd :rover:

Any new update on ticket sales?

Just back from the Fans' Forum tonight. Greg Coar said the total stands at 14,500, compared to 12,700 for the whole of last season (including half season ticket sales). The club at still hopeful that the total will rise to 15,000 by kick-off on Sunday.

Also they are expecting around 4,000 Arsenal fans on Sunday.

Just back from the Fans' Forum tonight. Greg Coar said the total stands at 14,500, compared to 12,700 for the whole of last season (including half season ticket sales). The club at still hopeful that the total will rise to 15,000 by kick-off on Sunday.

Also they are expecting around 4,000 Arsenal fans on Sunday.

looks like we may have around 22,000 on v Arsenal then.

Similar to previous years, I guess a number of walk-on's have ST's now; which is good and may encourage them to a few more games.

Blackburn's season ticket sales have gone up 15% since the prices were cut by an average of 25%, funded by television revenue (Sunday Times).

In addition to the 15% increase, I am pretty sure sales would have dropped in the price had stayed the same or gone up. This has been a trend even after reasonably successful seasons.

I have no doubt that the income recieved is at a similar level to what it would have been without the price cuts, with the added attraction of bigger crowds and a a better atmosphere.

All in all, a real success.

I have no doubt that the income recieved is at a similar level to what it would have been without the price cuts, with the added attraction of bigger crowds and a a better atmosphere.

All in all, a real success.

I don't know what you do for a living ad0102 but I bet it isn't accountancy. :rover:

imo A real success would have seen those figures the other way around.

Archived