BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers Season Ticket 07/08

Season Tickets 07/08  

317 members have voted

1. 1. What will you be doing?

• I'm a non season ticket holder, but will get one.
    • I will be renewing in my current seat.
    • I will be renewing, but in another section.
    • I'm not renewing, but will go to more games.
    • I'm unable to attend Ewood, but good idea.
    • My names Vinjay I dont live in the real world

if the number is 14,000 and thats a 10% increase over last years, it means last years was 12,750 or so.

with 1,000 more season ticket holders yet to renew (as was stated in the report) that could make the number 15,000.

15000 / 12750 = that could be a 17.5% increase, which isn't half bad at all, really.

should be a lot better though, i think the club were hoping for about 20% to 30% increase

• Replies 746
  • Created
  • Last Reply
i think the club would be much happier if we had that much of an increase yes

To be honest, it doesnt take a genius to work out they would be happier with a bigger increase. Although my point was more, how do you know what the club were HOPING for......?

10% increase!!!

I am sure that the Club will make a good job of sexing this up but it is a very poor result in my personal opinion.

I do not want to sound negative but quite frankly 10% is a naff result; criticism awaited!

You could look at it another way PB. This 10% increase, [and it could be higher than that before the final count is in], is following a downward trend of around 10% over the last few seasons.

So it could be termed a 20% turnround.

You could look at it another way PB. This 10% increase, [and it could be higher than that before the final count is in], is following a downward trend of around 10% over the last few seasons.

Den is your second name 'Walker' or 'Brown' or 'Williams' by any chance? Sounds like you are trying to sell the club! Anybody suspect that this price cutting initiative to increase ST sales has all along been a spratt to catch a mackeral rather than a reward for a few thousand long suffering fans from a dirty depressed northern town? :huh:<_<

You've got to love Rovers fans. They moan when the price is too high, and when the club do something about it - they moan that not enough people have taken up the new deal. I reckon the club will have an average attendance about 20% up on last season. Don't worry about it and just look forward to the new season.

Den is your second name 'Walker' or 'Brown' or 'Williams' by any chance? Sounds like you are trying to sell the club! Anybody suspect that this price cutting initiative to increase ST sales has all along been a spratt to catch a mackeral rather than a reward for a few thousand long suffering fans from a dirty depressed northern town? :huh:<_<

Something wrong with the fact of a 20% turnaround, Theno? I'm not trying to sell the club to anyone. Simply giving credit to the club for trying something that none of us thought they could do - drop prices by so much.

Den; brilliant reply, you should have gone into politics. <_<

A 10% increase in ST sales doesn't sound ground breaking, but.... if the match day walk-ons increase by 10% (maybe 15%) then we'll start to have a modest but healthy attendance.

Buying game by game is an extremely attractive proposition.

Some of the comments on here about how much the increase should have been are completely unrealistic.

As Martin says, if the walk on support and travelling support also increase by just over 10%, it will translate into a healthy average attendance around the 24,000 mark.

Agree with the last couple of posts. Also I think slightly larger away followings will start to come. If Villa charged £20 for away fans this year it would certainly perk my ears up.

I still think the average gate this year could be around the 24,000 mark.

Agree with the realists here! 10% up + bigger away followings and bigger walk on, will improve our average gate, so who can complain. Im sure the better we start off, the bigger the gates we will be getting!

Dont forget that 10% includes ALL Season tickets (Inc those half season tickets), so if you add another 1000 - 2000 at Christmas it makes up more like 20% + as someone else said, we havent lost the 10% this year! So you could say that come Christmas we are talking a 30% turnaround!!

Agree with the last couple of posts. Also I think slightly larger away followings will start to come. If Villa charged £20 for away fans this year it would certainly perk my ears up.

I still think the average gate this year could be around the 24,000 mark.

I know the club have set out the ticket prices for home fans as £20/£30 (is that right?)

It must be assumed that we are also going to give away fans the discounted rate too - I am all for increasing our attendances but I have a few reservations about letting the away fans have their big day out at Ewood park (like Bolton/Charlton/City did last season:

1) No doubt we will still be charged £30-£40 when we visit their grounds

2) I think that it will make teams perform better against us, and be used by their managers to say "look at the support you're getting". Just look at how poorly teams like Fulham/Pompey play when they have 100 travelling fans. Equally Rovers have small support in London and we do badly there.

3) I'd rather we sold some of the Darwen End to schoolkids than automatically give it all to the away fans, the kids are the future support for us.

24,000? That's a nightmare-think about the traffice queues, think about the waiting at the bar for a pint, think about the crowd congestion after the match going up LBR. It's a friggin disaster.

Your not wrong, with pubs closing down around Ewood thats more people into a reduced number of venues.

All that empty space behind the scences at Rovers needs to be converted into Bars (with fast service), that would increase the cash per punter figure. It would aslo mean I can fill the time taken currentlty to walk to the ground with another pint.

In fact knock down the riverside, build a multi storey car park put some plexi glass on the pitch facing side and a bar on every level - Drive in football!

Discalimer: Not everything in this post is intended to be taken seriously.

A 10% increase in ST sales doesn't sound ground breaking, but.... if the match day walk-ons increase by 10% (maybe 15%) then we'll start to have a modest but healthy attendance.

Buying game by game is an extremely attractive proposition.

Exactly my train of thought Martin. I'd have thought it more likely that the less committed fan (perhaps came along to 4 or 5 home games last season) won't make the commitment of buying a ST but will pick and choose, maybe ending up coming along to 10 games this season.

Your not wrong, with pubs closing down around Ewood thats more people into a reduced number of venues.

All that empty space behind the scences at Rovers needs to be converted into Bars (with fast service), that would increase the cash per punter figure. It would aslo mean I can fill the time taken currentlty to walk to the ground with another pint.

In fact knock down the riverside, build a multi storey car park put some plexi glass on the pitch facing side and a bar on every level - Drive in football!

Discalimer: Not everything in this post is intended to be taken seriously.

Dispite your little disclaimer it certainly is a better idea than some that have been implemented.... :lol:

Some of the comments on here about how much the increase should have been are completely unrealistic.

As Martin says, if the walk on support and travelling support also increase by just over 10%, it will translate into a healthy average attendance around the 24,000 mark.

Now is the time... to drive the season ticket initiative, not just the club but the likes of every local supporter on here, who knows someone whos wavering in buying one there has to be a positive message put out which i seriously question is which to me is because none of the clubs hierarchy live in Blackburn. (i cant see how the takeover will improve this)

Rovers do need to reclaim Blackburn, seriously, what i mean is by losing the club shop they've lost the image rights by allowing your big four to sell their merchandise and the locals wearing their colours kids in particular around the town as Rovers colours seem to have almost disappeared.

It is a 10% increase over the season tickets sold all last season as I understand it.

There have been comments by the club in the past that late ST purchases (season start or later) usually account for at least 10% of all ST sales.

The low prices might have brought everyone out earlier. Or perhaps there is the traditionally late 10% still to come.

Whatever is the case, every ST bought from now boosts the increase and the club was smart talking about encouraging ST sales at the same time as unveiling RSC.

What does 10% equate to in extra cash? Not the million quid this intiative has cost I would guess.

A success in bucking the trend certainly but in the all important £ stakes I guess the gap between us and the rest is getting bigger.

What does 10% equate to in extra cash? Not the million quid this intiative has cost I would guess.

A success in bucking the trend certainly but in the all important £ stakes I guess the gap between us and the rest is getting bigger.

I don't think Rovers have done it for the money. I think it's a mix of a genuine desire to reward fans and to get fans. Not to fleece fans.

One of the interesting things I read somewhere (F365?) is that considering all match day revenue it is better to have 20,000 playing 15 than having 15,000 paying 20. So for those saying we put some of the extra prize money to lower prices, it might not end up being the case.

And Gordon, I think Den's last name is l.

Archived