BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers Season Ticket 07/08

Season Tickets 07/08  

317 members have voted

1. 1. What will you be doing?

• I'm a non season ticket holder, but will get one.
    • I will be renewing in my current seat.
    • I will be renewing, but in another section.
    • I'm not renewing, but will go to more games.
    • I'm unable to attend Ewood, but good idea.
    • My names Vinjay I dont live in the real world

Think we paid £80 last season

The Aqeduct Rd car park was £80 last season . Don't bother going on unless your car has extra strong suspension - the surface is a disgrace . Not exactly pleasing on the eye either due to the mess left by the gypoes behind the car park ; you'd think the council spending near £1/2m on their site would give them a sense of pride and neighbourliness .... :rolleyes:

• Replies 746
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The pub is closed Paul.

Which is a real shame-we always park there & used to enjoy calling in for a couple of cheap pints befoere the game-last we heard was that there is a problem with the drains,so hopefully they might re-open for the start of the season.

The pub is closed Paul.

Which is a real shame-we always park there & used to enjoy calling in for a couple of cheap pints befoere the game-last we heard was that there is a problem with the drains,so hopefully they might re-open for the start of the season.

Dont despair.

There are current ongoing negotiations to reopen this watering hole. I will keep you posted on potential developments.

Anyone know if the car park is going to be open for next season? Not interested in the boozer, just the parking. Which is their problem, rammed on match days and literally empty during the week - I have been in a couple of times.

Mind you the last bloke to own it thought he was going to make a fortune out of footy fans, and his attitude towards the punters was appalling so I'm not crying for him. His attitude was so poor I've never been back to any of the places I know he owns locally as a matter of principle.

The alternative is to get a residents "visitors" parking pass.

You befriend a local (eg. offer them £10) and get them to support your application for a resitricted parking area Visitors Permit which last season I believe was only £15.

Bingo: cheap and easy parking! And yes people do it.

Luckily I have found a resident's only street where the yellow line doesn't continue round the corner and there is space for 3 cars. The residents moan at me regularly but it's not in front of their houses and there is no line so not sure what their problem is.

Remember, not only were season ticket prices reduced for the coming season but match day tickets have also been slashed.

There are four Category 1 games, (The big four Man Utd, Chelsea, Arsenal and Liverpool) and the rest are Category 2 prices.

For the Blackburn End the prices are £30 for Cat 1 and £20 for Cat 2 (non concession prices.)

So for 15 matches of next season it's going to be £20 a match. For home supporters that is probably the right price to encourage a fair weather fan to pitch up on the day.

Potential Big Away Support

Man Utd

Liverpool

Everton

Man City

Bolton

Sunderland

Newcastle

Arsenal

Chelsea

Villa

Brum

Derby

Boro

Newcastle

Spurs

Leaving just West Ham, Pompey, Wigan and Fulham with lesser fans.

This should see a healthy rise in our average crowds for next season.

we should be aiming for 15-16k

I was hoping for the same number Hughsey but I'm afraid its looking one hell of a long shot now.Sadly the superb price reductions have not brought the response Rovers were expecting I fear.We rely too much on the away support boosting our gates for a club in our position.

ITS A REAL SHAME.

nah its either your born a warrier or a latic...

I'll bow to your superior knowledge, Abbey.

When I last spent any amount of time in Wigan (maybe 14-15 years ago) rugby was king and the latics were nowhere. I don't think I ever met Wiganer who could talk about football.

nah its either your born a warrier or a latic...

I know quite a few lads from work that started going to see latics when they got in the Prem. Once the novelty has worn off and as Simon says with Wigan Warriors improvement i'd expect a lot to switch back. You have to remember that since the switch to summer Rugby it's become easier to go and watch both also.

Archived