BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers Season Ticket 07/08

Season Tickets 07/08  

317 members have voted

1. 1. What will you be doing?

• I'm a non season ticket holder, but will get one.
    • I will be renewing in my current seat.
    • I will be renewing, but in another section.
    • I'm not renewing, but will go to more games.
    • I'm unable to attend Ewood, but good idea.
    • My names Vinjay I dont live in the real world

• Replies 746
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I was watching ESPN last night and it was showing rovers v forest from 1995/96 season, the ground was full then, were did all those supporters go? i know they are supporting either chelsea or Man u now (glory hunters i can't stand them)

Was that the 7-0? Wasnt there less than 28k in that day? I know 28k is a good crowd, but it wasnt often full, even back then.

Surely if the current count is at c.12,000, that is a very promising sign, given that many will have not renewed due to cashflow issues, and generally saving up. With over 2/3's of the summer to go if that's true then I'm very optimistic about the final sales total.

Huddersfield Town are even saying how many s/t they have in various postcodes to try and encourage people to get their mates to buy one to 'get top of the post code league' !

That would be interesting .....but you could be damn sure there would be plenty of postcodes in Blackburn without a single season ticket holder and others with more than their fair share ! :huh:

JW has just indicated on Radio Lancs that they're optimistic with the way season ticket sales are going at the moment. He also said that, including away fans, they are aiming for an average gate of around 25,000 next season.

I hope that a lot of the people who go to 5-10 games a season will actually buy ST's - at £299 its a bargain! To pay that as a one off might mean that you are bit poor til payday, but the rewards will last till next May!

Went into Ewood today and heard (not naming the source) that ST sales are not as high as last year at the same time! :o If this is true after the club doing their best by slashing the cost of ST's it is unbelievable and a sad and sorry reflection on the inhabitants of our once proud town! Where are that lot that flooded into Ewood on a Monday night in May 12 or so years ago? Where are that lot that went to Wembley and Swansea on numerous occasions? Where are that lot that sang till they were hoarse at OT just a few weeks ago? <_<

I guess this answers a lot of debate on here about the pro's and cons of reducing prices! It is plain stupidity and like I said at the time they should put ST prices up and offer more personalised and plusher facilities for the people who will pay the going rate and screw the ungrateful, soulless, lowlife barstewards who would rather buy pints of Stella in some dingy dirty pub!

btw My sig needs updating! Lee what is the estimated average price of a seat next season? I guess it must be about a tenner now!

The drog only enjoys himswelf when he is angry- sad case really.

John Williams said it is difficult to do exact comparisons but ticket sales per centage increase are in the teens and 15% of all sales so far are new ST holders.

On the BBC last night.

Went into Ewood today and heard (not naming the source) that ST sales are not as high as last year at the same time! :o

I guess this answers a lot of debate on here about the pro's and cons of reducing prices!

Theno, it answers nowt, even if it's true.

Wait until August.

Around 12,000 to date is the latest figure I have been told.

Interestingly on SSN they have just said villa have sold 12,000 season tickets so far and have seen an increase of 225% over the same time period..... :blink:

Although it says 16,000 here

• 2 weeks later...

Saw some taxis in Blackburn town centre today with the Rovers ST ads, have we done this before? Think they look good.

I think it'll be interesting to see how the news of the possibly imminent takeover will affect the Season ticket sales.

All those that jumped off the bandwagon in the last few years could return with the thought of a larger transfer budget and cheaper ST prices. Also speaking to some of my friends, I think we may see the matchday prices possibly increasing if we were to get new owners- which will make even more financial sense of buying one before the takeover goes through.

I went to the so-called club shop this morning (it seems to be getting worse if thats possible) ... anyway ... I was heartened to see a queue at the ticket office, which I can only assume was for season tickets. :)

Spoke to a man 'in the know' last night & season tickets cropped up in the the conversation. He told me how many they`ve sold so far ;)

Archived