BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers Season Ticket 07/08

Season Tickets 07/08  

317 members have voted

1. 1. What will you be doing?

• I'm a non season ticket holder, but will get one.
    • I will be renewing in my current seat.
    • I will be renewing, but in another section.
    • I'm not renewing, but will go to more games.
    • I'm unable to attend Ewood, but good idea.
    • My names Vinjay I dont live in the real world

the ST marketting has been poor: adverts near the back pages of the LET (who buys the LET anymore apart from the diehard Rovers fan, and then why bother as it is all on the LET internet site), the odd poster, and mailings of the lapsed fans.

Yes, after all the Club has only done the following:

Mark Hughes telephone message to non STH and STH that hadn't renewed.

TV ads at the Mall

Billboard sites in Blackburn and peripherial areas (incl Preston, Great Harwood, etc)

Ads on over 40 Blackburn Transport Buses

Emailed fans on the database

Sent personalised letters to fans outlining the ST offer

Full page ads in the LET

Flyers/Posters at the JJB, Mall, Bowlplex, Vue Cinemas

Events in Blackburn (incl: Keepy Uppy challenge, Promotional girls handing out flyers at pubs/bars, etc)

Car stickers

Reminder Text messages to fans of the 'ST' deadlines

Radio Ads

Website stories

Season Ticket PR (that's amassed almost £3m worth of media coverage in the last month)

And coming soon:

Ads on 20 cabs in Blackburn area

Events in Blackburn Town Centre

Presence at Student fairs, Musical events and festivals in the region

and much more.

However, if there's any additional channel you think we should be using, do let us know.

PS. Rovers are currently up on Season Ticket numbers compared to this time last year.

• Replies 746
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I am trying to understand why that would even be a concern. What do Rovers have to gain by having it look like the ground is full TND?

I guess that you need to ask any marketeer. For my bit it's all about public perception of the club. A shortage of any product usually creates a demand for that product.

Yes, after all the Club has only done the following:

Mark Hughes telephone message to non STH and STH that hadn't renewed.

TV ads at the Mall

Billboard sites in Blackburn and peripherial areas (incl Preston, Great Harwood, etc)

Ads on over 40 Blackburn Transport Buses

Emailed fans on the database

Sent personalised letters to fans outlining the ST offer

Full page ads in the LET

Flyers/Posters at the JJB, Mall, Bowlplex, Vue Cinemas

Events in Blackburn (incl: Keepy Uppy challenge, Promotional girls handing out flyers at pubs/bars, etc)

Car stickers

Reminder Text messages to fans of the 'ST' deadlines

Radio Ads

Website stories

Season Ticket PR (that's amassed almost £3m worth of media coverage in the last month)

And coming soon:

Ads on 20 cabs in Blackburn area

Events in Blackburn Town Centre

Presence at Student fairs, Musical events and festivals in the region

and much more.

However, if there's any additional channel you think we should be using, do let us know.

PS. Rovers are currently up on Season Ticket numbers compared to this time last year.

impressed! I must go around with my head in the clouds...can we have advance notice of where and when the promotional girls are out please.

Seriously we must focus on: Chorley,Euxton and the new Buckshaw Village, Leyland , Lancaster, Morecambe (difficult now), Blackpool (also difficult now), Ormskirk and the South Lakes such as Kendal and Barrow.

Rovers chairman makes plea to town

A clue to season ticket sales to date? :unsure:.

Also read some of the astonishing comments below about cost.Are people not aware of what has happened at Ewood with ticket prices?...are the folk of Blackburn walking around with their hands over their eyes and ears? :blink:

CHRIST ALMIGHTY!!

How do you manage to put a negative spin on that article SG? There's no mention at all of tickets sold?

My only thought on reading that article by John Williams was that the thing works two ways, it's also up to the Board and Trustees to start backing the best manager we've had since King Kenny. Not selling anyone and bringing in a major signing like "a Bellamy" would really make people sit up and take notice that we mean business as well as leading to inevitable improvement on the pitch.

Selling a star player for say 10m and buying two or three players in for 9m then watching Andy Neild write all year we "spent" 9m in the transfer market doesn't really fool anyone or fire their enthusiasm.

How do you manage to put a negative spin on that article SG? There's no mention at all of tickets sold?

My only thought on reading that article by John Williams was that the thing works two ways, it's also up to the Board and Trustees to start backing the best manager we've had since King Kenny. Not selling anyone and bringing in a major signing like "a Bellamy" would really make people sit up and take notice that we mean business as well as leading to inevitable improvement on the pitch.

Selling a star player for say 10m and buying two or three players in for 9m then watching Andy Neild write all year we "spent" 9m in the transfer market doesn't really fool anyone or fire their enthusiasm.

Mods. can we please have this thread pinned,I think its a damn sight more important than people speculating who we are not buying this summer according to the Sun.Ta!

I just cant help it Rev :lol:

I still think the major emphasis has to be the pricing policy . I suspect further signings wouldn't persuade the waverers unless it's accompanied with price reductions all over the ground . I'm being a bit selfish here as I sit in the JW stand and have not renewed this time .....

As I've said before the ground has to be filled to attract and keep players ; we're not there yet despite great efforts by the club . JW's criticism of the "city fathers" is more than justified ; the council is worse than useless in promoting the club for a start .

I guess that you need to ask any marketeer. For my bit it's all about public perception of the club. A shortage of any product usually creates a demand for that product.

Spot on Theno. I was chatting to a Blackpool fan today at work ... 40 odd years a fan and never had (or needed) a season ticket. Anyway yesterday he spent several hours queing up for a season ticket for both him and his lad ... the reason .... fear of not being able to get tickets on a match by match basis. With a capacity limited to circa 9000 I wouldn't be surprised if the "lashers" sell all their season tickets.

As I've said before the ground has to be filled to attract and keep players ; we're not there yet despite great efforts by the club . JW's criticism of the "city fathers" is more than justified ; the council is worse than useless in promoting the club for a start .

Don't expect it to get better any time soon with the current rag-tag bunch of Blackburn haters at the helm. :ph34r:

Given the limited difference between parties these days if Rovers fans that lived in the area actually voted for candidates that openly supported the club and not for the others you may see a change in behaviour. Nothing gets a politician jumpier than the thought of lost votes ... :rover:

I still think the major emphasis has to be the pricing policy . I suspect further signings wouldn't persuade the waverers unless it's accompanied with price reductions all over the ground . I'm being a bit selfish here as I sit in the JW stand and have not renewed this time .....

How do you mean on the pricing phil? I'm in JW upper and my ticket went down by 215 quid!

Agreed about the Council. They're only interested in getting their mug shots prominently in a photo presenting us with a glass vase when we do have a bit of success.

Thats something I and many others have mentioned on here several times over the years.

We are in a unique position being one of the best football clubs in the land and we should celebrate that. Lets face it Blackburn doesn't have much to celebrate really, but the one shining light is the football team and we need the feel good factor to come back like we had in the mid 90's when you couldn't move for blue and white and Blackburn Rovers.

The golden mile comment is a cracker; imagine pictures of Rovers legends mounted on posts from the aqueduct to the ground and everything from that point to the fernhurst being blue and white. Clearly the local residents wouldn’t be too happy but I'm sure a compromise could be reached.

Great article that.

Don't expect it to get better any time soon with the current rag-tag bunch of Blackburn haters at the helm. :ph34r:

Au contraire ES...... I think there's much more chance of that happening now.

Quote JW

"In my wildest moments, I have visions of the A666 from Darwen Vale down to the ground painted blue and white. People might think I've lost the plot in saying that but, in a way, that's the kind of challenge I'm throwing down. Every municipal garden should only grow blue and white flowers.

It's that kind of hearts and minds mentality I'm looking for. ..........

.............Perhaps we can't paint roads blue and white, but there are things that can be done to help spread the message, and I think it's important that all the stakeholders - the city fathers and others - help us to take ownership and be proud of the fact we do have a Premier League football club in the town." :rover:

Eh? Why on earth not? At least go and sit on the Riverside its just £13 per game there.

What actually are you expecting to pay Phil and what value do you personally place on your home town team BRFC dining at the top tables of English and European football?

I read that the other day Thenodrog. Whilst I think painting the road outside my house might be taking things a little far, I admire the sentiment. However does Williams The Chair think it possible any time soon to be able to buy a Blue and White mini kit from the club to hang in the back of my car as I drive up and down a portion of the M6 to work every day? Help us out here eh?

Thats something I and many others have mentioned on here several times over the years.

We are in a unique position being one of the best football clubs in the land and we should celebrate that. Lets face it Blackburn doesn't have much to celebrate really, but the one shining light is the football team and we need the feel good factor to come back like we had in the mid 90's when you couldn't move for blue and white and Blackburn Rovers.

The golden mile comment is a cracker; imagine pictures of Rovers legends mounted on posts from the aqueduct to the ground and everything from that point to the fernhurst being blue and white. Clearly the local residents wouldn’t be too happy but I'm sure a compromise could be reached.

Great article that.

Gav, it is myself who wrote the particular article for the Telegraph so thanks for the appreciation. I have been doing the column for a while now and have deliberately kept quiet about it on this site because I wanted people to read and respond to it with out me having to plug it on here.

However the reason I break my silence now is that I feel that alot of people are keen on the ideas I put forward and if ever there is a time to do something about it, it is now before the season starts.

Last night I mailed John Williams PA in support of his article and proposed a few ideas of my own including those my article. I really think we could make a lot of things happen in the next few weeks if enough of us are motivated, so maybe a few more posters on here would like to take up the gauntlet also? The obvious message from the top I feel is that Rovers want other people to make the effort too.

Also does anyone like the idea of having a walk of fame outside the ground or even on Bolton Rd, like in Hollywood with the stars hand prints in the pavement? We could have the like of Clayton, Douglas, Garner and Hendry immortalised forever that way on special paving stones...

I have also contacted a couple of companies abroad about the scarves and the lowest price for 20,000 units seems to be $1.08 USD. This is not my expertise however and I wondered if anyone one this site could do a bit of a feasability study into the scarf pricing and let the club know?

Williams The Chair think it possible any time soon to be able to buy a Blue and White mini kit from the club to hang in the back of my car as I drive up and down a portion of the M6 to work every day? Help us out here eh?

No, but I know a man who can :lol:

i had the unfortunately job of driving through rosegrove today, which is 100% dinglesville.

one of the big pubs there had there huge council bin outside, with the body claret and the lid blue.

it said bunrley council etc in blue- is this something that they do?

i have to say it made me smile, every bin in blackburn could be vlue & white. :rolleyes:

nothing major, but even having the blackburn public buses etc with blue & white on would help- lets get some pride

back into the town.

......is this something that they do?

Yes, unfortunately.

The domestic wheelie bins are all claret, though I think the business one's get the blue lids.

(We do get a blue box for the plastic bottles and stuff which is supposed to sit next to the bin though, presumably to make up for the lack of a contrasting lid....).

The recycle bags are claret too.

The 'sports cages' which have started popping up all over town (basketball courts with football nets and cricket wickets built in) are all made from claret and blue mesh/fencing.

In fact, most council issue literature uses claret as a main colour scheme. The local buses, following their sale, reverted back to the claret colour scheme following complaints when the new owners changed them.

The council has, for a long time, seemingly, adopted a policy of the town colours being the same as the football club's and the colour is quite widespread throughout the town.

Maybe this is what Mr. Williams is getting at ?

The "Golden mile" concept is a lovely idea in theory but I can't see it getting off the ground in practice.

My limited experience of residents who live near the ground is that they're about as anti Rovers as it's possible to get for a group of white indigenous Blackburn people.

If you didn't want to live next to a football ground, you shouldn't have bloody well moved in there! The ground was there long before you and it'll still be there when you're gone as well!.

I dont know why, but I absolutely LOVE the idea of blue and white banners hung from the lampposts down from the M65, Blue one side, white the other.

Don't know anything about the surrounding areas of Ewood, but I think that'd be a huge thing to have regardless of the stodgy Ewood neighbors. Also banners with past and current Rover stars is a fantastic idea. Maybe getting this stuff up in the town centre would pique more interest?

Maybe the marketing dept should look into placing ads on the sides of those buses, or in lieu of adverts, just the colors, which is in and of itself an advert...

The obvious message from the top I feel is that Rovers want other people to make the effort too.

Here lieth the problem.......A certain section of our support feels the club owes them something not the other way around and that attitude spreads if its thrown out for long enough.

Great post though.

i had the unfortunately job of driving through rosegrove today, which is 100% dinglesville.

one of the big pubs there had there huge council bin outside, with the body claret and the lid blue.

it said bunrley council etc in blue- is this something that they do?

i have to say it made me smile, every bin in blackburn could be vlue & white. :rolleyes:

nothing major, but even having the blackburn public buses etc with blue & white on would help- lets get some pride

back into the town.

Give them one thing they do like to ram it down peoples throtes, as a town, that the team colours are claret and blue.

You're right our council etc could learn alot from them in the land that time forgot.

Archived