BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers Season Ticket 07/08

Season Tickets 07/08  

317 members have voted

1. 1. What will you be doing?

• I'm a non season ticket holder, but will get one.
    • I will be renewing in my current seat.
    • I will be renewing, but in another section.
    • I'm not renewing, but will go to more games.
    • I'm unable to attend Ewood, but good idea.
    • My names Vinjay I dont live in the real world

They are in the hunt for three trophies and so now is the perfect time to introduce these price hikes which everyone knew were going to happen anyway. Whatever protests there will be (probably little) will be diluted because fans are too concerned about the team.

Now down to two (he sniggered & not really contributing to the thread in any meaningful way. Sorry.)

• Replies 746
  • Created
  • Last Reply
My girlfriend wants to get one with me,

absolutely no chance I go to football to get away from her

Sounds like you need a different girl friend, or else she needs a different boy friend. Take your pick.

Man Utd fans are nowt but whingeing gits!

Why should the owners not put up Man Utd ST's?

1. The ground is always sold out with a waiting list for ST's.

2. They are the best and most attractive football team in the land.

3. Their ground is excellent.

4. Like Chelsea, Villa, Lpool etc .... They have new owners who need to generate income to pay off the cost of ownership.

5. Their fans always pay more to watch them away from old trafford than at home. So obviously the home experience is undervalued.

How mant times have fans been told in no uncertain terms that football is a business?

Still no news regarding number of season tickets sold to date?

No news on numbers, which would be meaningless anyway at this stage as most regular fans will not renew until they need to in about a month's time. Tom Finn and Greg Coar did say at the Fans' Forum last Monday though that they were very pleased with the level of sales to date. A number of new fans and many existing fans trading up to better seats.

Man Utd fans are nowt but whingeing gits!

Why should the owners not put up Man Utd ST's?

1. The ground is always sold out with a waiting list for ST's.

2. They are the best and most attractive football team in the land.

3. Their ground is excellent.

4. Like Chelsea, Villa, Lpool etc .... They have new owners who need to generate income to pay off the cost of ownership.

5. Their fans always pay more to watch them away from old trafford than at home. So obviously the home experience is undervalued.

How mant times have fans been told in no uncertain terms that football is a business?

Not trying to pick a row theno but much of this just isn't true.

1. The ground is not always sold out, you can buy match tickets 24 hours beforehand, granted it does sell out but nowhere like it used to. There is no longer a waiting list for STs, I know one young lad who was on the list for 14 years and now has one. The increase in capacity wiped out the waiting list.

2. True

3. OT is crap, considering Utd's status. Have you looked at the concourse facilities, leg room, stadium design etc? Never been in a bit of the ground that I would like to sit in on a regular basis. Stewarding is awful. the whole match day experience at Ewood is far better than OT - I'm not including the team here.

4. Can't comment

If "football is a business," which it clearly is these days, then surely as supporters we have a right to expect a consistent product rather than the brilliant one week, rubbish the next we get at present. I always find that a tricky one, football is a businees, it's entertainment and prices should compare with, for example, theatre tickets. Fine I see the arguement, in which case I expect to see quality entertainment at every game....but then people say it's a sport and we shouldn't expect top level performances every week. Doesn't add up in my book? Sport or entertainment....can't be both or chose one to suit the situation?

BTW, don't forget Utd ST holders are forced to buy cup tickets whether they attend or not.

3. OT is crap, considering Utd's status. Have you looked at the concourse facilities, leg room, stadium design etc? Never been in a bit of the ground that I would like to sit in on a regular basis. Stewarding is awful. the whole match day experience at Ewood is far better than OT - I'm not including the team here.

Having gone to OT after a period of many years for the semi final (I refuse to contribute to their coffers) I have to say that I was most impressed . The concourse was fine , drinks easily and quickly available - if overpriced - and the stadium as a whole has a fine character ; far better than many of the new soulless oval bowls built of late .

Have to agree. Last year's visit to Old Trafford for the Carling Cup quarter-final was my first since 1967 and I found it cramped and oppressive. The away end concourse is too small and was actually quite dangerous when thousands of Rovers fans were milling about before the game. Compare and contrast with the beautiful Emirates Stadoum and the room on offer at the Millennium and Old Trafford is a badly-designed mess.

• 2 weeks later...
Back to the top for this thread,lets hope the club gets the sales they deserve after a very good season!

How many do you expect the club to sell by the time the new season arrives?............

judging by the turnout for the final game of the season yesterday i'm not too optimistic...

hope i'm proved wrong!

I must agree Mark, I was expecting more as well.Both the Charlton and Reading games were priced at just £15 for adults and we still failed to attract 20,000 home fans.....should this be a cause for concern?

I'm hoping the club can make the 15,000 mark in ST sales but its a long shot.

I must agree Mark, I was expecting more as well.Both the Charlton and Reading games were priced at just £15 for adults and we still failed to attract 20,000 home fans.....should this be a cause for concern?

I'm hoping the club can make the 15,000 mark in ST sales but its a long shot.

Charlton was £15

Reading was standard Cat. B. - ie £25 for BBE lower.

There is loads around me and in Preston Mike. Needless to say it's riled the natives.

As an aside, I went to enquire about a pair of season tickets nearish to me, there is no pairs in my block until Row 15 - Im 10 ish rows further back than that. Several non renews in there though

• 2 weeks later...

Rovers chairman makes plea to town

A clue to season ticket sales to date? :unsure:.

Also read some of the astonishing comments below about cost.Are people not aware of what has happened at Ewood with ticket prices?...are the folk of Blackburn walking around with their hands over their eyes and ears? :blink:

CHRIST ALMIGHTY!!

There's an advert in today's Telegraph stating that over 5000 st's have been sold at £249. Would I be right in thinking that these are all situated int the Walkersteel? If that is the case would that mean that the Walkersteel is sold out?

Mine hasn't been sold yet thats for sure. BUT the idea of reducing the Riverside to £249 IS mainly to sell out and for the ground to appear full for the camera's.

Rovers chairman makes plea to town

A clue to season ticket sales to date? :unsure:.

Also read some of the astonishing comments below about cost.Are people not aware of what has happened at Ewood with ticket prices?...are the folk of Blackburn walking around with their hands over their eyes and ears? :blink:

CHRIST ALMIGHTY!!

I read some of the comments SG a little bewildering. There are some that would moan regardless of what the price is, they would still not go but they would be quick to tell the clube where it got it wrong. Mr Williams has it right, the Town should be proud it's an incredible acheivement that a town the size of Blackburn has a team in the top flight of the top flight on a regular basis.

I think too many just really do not realise just how huge that is and how short lived it could be.

Mine hasn't been sold yet thats for sure. BUT the idea of reducing the Riverside to £249 IS mainly to sell out and for the ground to appear full for the camera's.

I am trying to understand why that would even be a concern. What do Rovers have to gain by having it look like the ground is full TND?

There's an advert in today's Telegraph stating that over 5000 st's have been sold at £249. Would I be right in thinking that these are all situated int the Walkersteel? If that is the case would that mean that the Walkersteel is sold out?

It says nothing of the sort! What it in fact says is "OVER 5000 SEASON TICKETS AT £249 ...... WE BELIEVE FOOTBALL IS FOR FANS" ....... no mention at all of how many have been sold.

the ST marketting has been poor: adverts near the back pages of the LET (who buys the LET anymore apart from the diehard Rovers fan, and then why bother as it is all on the LET internet site), the odd poster, and mailings of the lapsed fans.

Get the players out into the schools and colleges selling the Club that they get paid a massive load of money for.

the hardest part is getting back the lapsed fan. I (i'm a ST holder) could not make the last 2 home games of the season, sadly I didn't miss it which I find hard to admit. The matchday experience, and excitement on the pitch must improve. Watching the play off games with Blackpool and Morecambe were far more interesting than the recent fare served at Ewood; the sad thing is that both these teams are in our catchment area and the fans are flocking for their ST's rather than having an interest in ours eventhough I guess that ours are better value.

the ST marketting has been poor: adverts near the back pages of the LET (who buys the LET anymore apart from the diehard Rovers fan, and then why bother as it is all on the LET internet site), the odd poster, and mailings of the lapsed fans.

Well the marketing has been pretty good in Preston anyway. There was a poster up for a month after the launch on Leyland Road and there are still ads on the back of buses.

Archived