BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers Season Ticket 07/08

Season Tickets 07/08  

317 members have voted

1. 1. What will you be doing?

• I'm a non season ticket holder, but will get one.
    • I will be renewing in my current seat.
    • I will be renewing, but in another section.
    • I'm not renewing, but will go to more games.
    • I'm unable to attend Ewood, but good idea.
    • My names Vinjay I dont live in the real world

Putting adverts in Preston and Chorley is a start, but more could be done

Charlton’s website makes interesting reading look at the amount of Pickup points they have for the ‘Operation Ewood’ game http://www.cafc.co.uk/OperationEwood.ink

Compare this to the official pickup points for the Semi Ewood and Accy.

I seam to remember in the early 90's Rovers tried running a bus from Chorley to home games but it only lasted about 4 games.

• Replies 746
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Spoke to some pratt in the pub last night who had been to OT and was slavering over the atmosphere'. He said he had given up going to the Rovers because 'it was not the same as in the old days' of the 2nd / 3rd divs (effin right it isn't...TF... what a dick!) and it's too costly now' This guy btw told me that he went to his first match in 78.

When I pointed out that my next years ST is about £13 a match his jaw dropped and after a few stammered platitudes he slunk off...... thankfully.

btw was with a Man U fan at the time who had been to OT on a Rovers mini-bus who also expressed amazement. He said his ST at OT worked out at £24 per match and he had thought that must be one of the cheapest in the Prem.

Putting adverts in Preston and Chorley is a start, but more could be done

Charlton’s website makes interesting reading look at the amount of Pickup points they have for the ‘Operation Ewood’ game http://www.cafc.co.uk/OperationEwood.ink

Compare this to the official pickup points for the Semi Ewood and Accy.

I seam to remember in the early 90's Rovers tried running a bus from Chorley to home games but it only lasted about 4 games.

Whilst I'm sure that Rovers could do better in providing a wider range of pick-up points it's fanciful to suggest that we can compete with Charlton in this respect. Charlton have virtually no competition for the whole of Kent and south-east London (except Gillingham). If Rovers spread their net a similar geographical distance we would be running buses from Liverpool, Manchester, Bolton, Wigan, Bradford, Leeds etc. etc.

I don’t think we can say that Charlton have no competition in the South East and Kent and Essex all to themselves. I think it’s important to remember how ‘London centric’ the South East is. There might not be any big teams in Kent and Essex but they are prime commuter belt for London and have the good transport links to there. Kent and Essex are filled with supporters for all the big London teams, just like the North West is with man u and Liverpool fans.

I’m not suggesting that the club ought to be running busses from Manchester, Liverpool and Leeds to Ewood on match days.

Most of the places on Charlton’s list of pickup points are place without a league team or where the team is poo.

So it’s places like Chorley, Southport, Fleetwood, Skipton, Lancaster, Ribchester, Burnley, Longridge , Morecambe etc that I think we should be targeting. Put yourself in the place of a 15-17 year old in one of these places you fancy going to a Premiership game ,thanks to the great pricing next season you can afford it, but how are you going to get to Ewood if you can’t drive.

I think someone at the club should be taking a good look at how Charlton have progressed as a club off the field (not on it tho!!) 20 years ago when we played them in the Full Members cup they couldn’t get 10,000 fans to travel across London to see them but now they average 25k+.

Even if one bus with a few pick up points was trialed for a season, then someone buying a season ticket will know they can get to all the games, we would know id it had a chance of working. Maybe it’s something that ‘BRISA’ could suggest or even organize.

With the fantastic pricing the club have put in place for next year the club has a real opportunity to add the 5k+ on the gate that would make the new pricing break even, or better.

I don’t think we can say that Charlton have no competition in the South East and Kent and Essex all to themselves. I think it’s important to remember how ‘London centric’ the South East is. There might not be any big teams in Kent and Essex but they are prime commuter belt for London and have the good transport links to there. Kent and Essex are filled with supporters for all the big London teams, just like the North West is with man u and Liverpool fans.

I’m not suggesting that the club ought to be running busses from Manchester, Liverpool and Leeds to Ewood on match days.

Most of the places on Charlton’s list of pickup points are place without a league team or where the team is poo.

So it’s places like Chorley, Southport, Fleetwood, Skipton, Lancaster, Ribchester, Burnley, Longridge , Morecambe etc that I think we should be targeting. Put yourself in the place of a 15-17 year old in one of these places you fancy going to a Premiership game ,thanks to the great pricing next season you can afford it, but how are you going to get to Ewood if you can’t drive.

I think someone at the club should be taking a good look at how Charlton have progressed as a club off the field (not on it tho!!) 20 years ago when we played them in the Full Members cup they couldn’t get 10,000 fans to travel across London to see them but now they average 25k+.

Even if one bus with a few pick up points was trialed for a season, then someone buying a season ticket will know they can get to all the games, we would know id it had a chance of working. Maybe it’s something that ‘BRISA’ could suggest or even organize.

With the fantastic pricing the club have put in place for next year the club has a real opportunity to add the 5k+ on the gate that would make the new pricing break even, or better.

BRISA have already suggested running buses from the sort of places you mention and the club have said that they would be very willing to help any group of supporters who would want to use such a service. I think they are reluctant to commit to a long term service without any indication of usage and BRISA have been trying to get their members in some of these places to get together to trial something. Ironically I think Manchester was one of the places as we have a number of fans based there. I'm quite happy to raise it at the Fans' Forum on 30th April if people think we could get somewhere with it.

I know Paul mentioned somewhere (can't find it) that he thought there may be £100 tickets at Wembley.

Well he was close:

The event returns to Wembley after the stadium was rebuilt and tickets will be £35, £60, £80 and £95, with a limited number at £17.50 for under-16s.

Would love to see every Rovers home game attended by the 24,000 at OT yesterday...at an average price of just £13 a game with a season ticket is that unreasonable to expect?

The support is there,that is in no doubt but we just seem to struggle so much in motivating people to attend on a regular basis.

Is it me or has the season ticket drive gone quiet in the LET etc.Lee or anyone connected to the club, early days yet but what has been the responce since season ticket sales were put on sale?

A 'non Blackburn' fan just asked me about season ticket prices.

He had said he had heard about the prices and he and his friend (another non blackburn fan) are going to both buy season tickets

New fans appearing right, left and centre!

Is it me or has the season ticket drive gone quiet in the LET etc.Lee or anyone connected to the club, early days yet but what has been the responce since season ticket sales were put on sale?

It would be good to know how the sales are going

Personally I don’t think that we will hear any more regarding season ticket sales until the deadline for renewals has passed. Most of the season ticket holders I know (including myself) will be renewing but won’t do so until next month.

Bolton's cheapest season ticket next season is £50 cheaper than ours, and that price will go up if you buy after the discounted period ends.

So much for being the first to announce ticket price reductions. :rover:

I presume you meant that Bolton's cheapest ticket was dearer than ours, not cheaper. They are actually £100 dearer than Riverside tickets as well, not £50.

Would love to see every Rovers home game attended by the 24,000 at OT yesterday...at an average price of just £13 a game with a season ticket is that unreasonable to expect?

The support is there,that is in no doubt but we just seem to struggle so much in motivating people to attend on a regular basis.

I noticed lots of women appeared to be accompanying their fella's at OT. Could be referred to as 'Fair weather fannies' I guess.

I think it's already obvious lower prices won't fill ewood far from it!! smell the coffee chaps, we all know we need new fans so why not have a deal where everytime you bring a new supporter you get money off next seasons season ticket??I think it would be a great idea, If you can convert a new season ticket sale out of it you should get a voucher for the new and improved club shop (Please god) all would need is to take a picture of the new supporter and put on the database to stop people using the system in the wrong way. It just upsets me seeing ewood so empty and looking everywhere else it's almost embarrassing. ALSO i hope the club have been clever and got some details on everyone who went to Old Trafford the other week, and find out why would go to a semi and sing there hearts out but not the next week when the team really needed a lift to keep European dreams alive. Just ideas

Are people really suprised that we took more people to a semi-final than we get for a home game. It's a high profile game that also attracts ample day trippers. As Drog as pointed out, a lot of Rovers fans took their partners to OT. Even at the new prices they aren't going to pay (nor probably want) to do that for normal home games.

Theres going to be hell to pay.

WHats daft about this is that Man Utd are already significantly ahead of everybody else in terms of generating money from seats, and there is a new Rights deal coming in. The Glazers should be looking to not antagonise fans at the moment.

That isn't true. They are significantly behind Arsenal, Chelsea and Spurs in money generated per seat per match.

As for antagonising the fans you are wide of the mark. There are in the hunt for three trophies and so now is the perfect time to introduce these price hikes which everyone knew were going to happen anyway. Whatever protests there will be (probably little) will be diluted because fans are too concerned about the team.

The Man U fans are paying the price for their success.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry if this has been mentioned before but has anyone else had a answer phone message from Mark Hughes?

On Thursday night I got an answer phone message saying Hi this is Mark Hughes and I am phoning to say something along the line of the support we have had this season is like a 12th man and we hope to have that continued support by you buying a season ticket and he then continued to tell me the prices. All rather bizarre but it made me chuckle (in terms of marketing it did not work for me though as I still am not buying one - but all the same nice that they are trying)

It was obviously prerecorded and sent to loads of people,.

Archived