BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers Season Ticket 07/08

Season Tickets 07/08  

317 members have voted

1. 1. What will you be doing?

• I'm a non season ticket holder, but will get one.
    • I will be renewing in my current seat.
    • I will be renewing, but in another section.
    • I'm not renewing, but will go to more games.
    • I'm unable to attend Ewood, but good idea.
    • My names Vinjay I dont live in the real world

• Replies 746
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On the basis of the % in the vote, we could expect around another 4K season ticket holders.

One thing that has had me thinking is, what will be the Rovers approach to away teams fans be?

I think that the away fans should be charged what the rovers fans are charged when visiting teams. So, if a team want to charge our fans 40 quid at their place, then their fans get hit with 40 quid at Ewood.

Any thoughts?

Dead right Dave, that's what should happen but I bet there's some Premiership rule against it.

So next season it's going to be 20 quid for all visitors except Arsenal, Chelsea, Man Utd, and Liverpool : 30 quid for them. Don't know if I'm alone in this, but unless others charge us about the same I won't be going to their games. Cost of the whole day has been a major factor but think there'll be a lot more attention on ticket price now. There certainly will be from me.

On the basis of the % in the vote, we could expect around another 4K season ticket holders.
Think you may have miscalculated there dave. We have around 12500 ST holders, 13% more would add about 1600. To add 4k we need a 33% increase.

One thing that has had me thinking is, what will be the Rovers approach to away teams fans be?

I think that the away fans should be charged what the rovers fans are charged when visiting teams. So, if a team want to charge our fans 40 quid at their place, then their fans get hit with 40 quid at Ewood.

Any thoughts?

Premiership rules say that visiting fans can only be charged the same as home fans with equivalent seating.

Any thoughts?

Remember Dave, the people you are hitting there are the fans, - not the club. So, no I don't agree with that. The answer is for all clubs to reduce prices.

Premiership rules say that visiting fans can only be charged the same as home fans with equivalent seating.

Surely ST's should bear no relation to actual match day tickets should they? So if we charge home seats at £40 for MU in the BB end then their fans will have to pay the same in the equivalent Darwen End? The fact that I and thousands more will be watching for £12 is irrelevant isn't it?

For those Adult, Young Adult and Seniors who have found there's has increased:

We are honouring last year’s standard rate for one year so, even if you wish to retain your current seat the price adjustment is kept to a minimum.

:rover: MY SEASON TICKET COMES UP AT £349 ON THE ONLINE SERVICE :brfc:

Surely ST's should bear no relation to actual match day tickets should they? So if we charge home seats at £40 for MU in the BB end then their fans will have to pay the same in the equivalent Darwen End? The fact that I and thousands more will be watching for £12 is irrelevant isn't it?

STs don't have any relation to the price charged to the away support. It is the match day ticket price which must be equivalent for the home and away support. the club have said for 15 games the BBE price will be £20, so the Darwen End must be the same. The club have also stated for the "big four" away support will be charged £30 so the BBE price for these games will be £30, with the rest of the gorund being between £25 and £35.

It's all explained here on the official site

There's an interesting snippet in there which nobody has mentioned yet "Match day prices for 15 of the 19 Premiership matches will be just £15 for a quarter of all home seats." Obviously this is the Riverside which holds 5500. The maths don't work if ST sales are good in that area. What's going to happen if the ST uptake is large at £249 and the club have said a quarter of all home seats are available at £15?

As Stu says, I don't think you can charge away fans more than home fans, certainly not for the same view / area of the ground anyway. What needs to happen ideally is this (and i'm sure this is what the club would hope) Note: I'm saying ideally - I dont think it will happen!

As many people as is actually possible buy a season ticket at the new reduced pricing, thus increasing the numbers significantly. If we could reach 20k + season ticket holders (a very tall order - maybe impossible). Firstly, this would guarantee at least 20K home fans at every game, secondly it would mean that we could charge away fans more without hitting our own supporters as the majority would have a seat at season ticket prices thus inflated matchday ticket prices would only affect the minority. As JW says the ST holders are the lifeblood of the club. We could maybe have a small section of reduced price seating in home areas for the casual walk on supporter, but not sure how this would affect the pricing for away fans (just a thought). This way, we get a good home turnout, our fans are seeing premiership football at a great price and we are maximising revenue from away fans.

I see the point about reducing prices for supporters in general and hitting the away fans may be a little cruel, but if Arsenal are going to charge us £50 to go to there, then equally we charge them £50 for coming here - an eye for an eye and all that ;) .

Also this may help to drive prices down at other clubs as well, they charge us £20 a ticket, we charge then £20. Sureley thats fair?

One other option to get around the pricing issue for away fans could be to give them the Riverside, charge £40 a ticket on the basis that they are sitting along the side of the pitch and not behind the goal. Although saying that, they could argue that whilst the view is reasonable £40 to sit in a cow shed with limited facilitties is a little steep :lol:

Yes.

But we've already announced matchday prices. Of course if we sell 4200 season tickets in the comparable seats in the BBE there would be nothing to stop us doign that. I believe Charlton do something similar with the covered end, compared to the jimmy seed stand.

I think it will be interesting to see how much of the Darwen end the away fans get when playing the big four. At these prices surely we wont need to give them the whole stand anymore.

A point I raised quite some time ago . If necessary we could even leave a token few seats to go on open sale in the BBE against the "big" clubs at special cheap rates of , say , £35 (no concessions) ..... :rover:

With the away fans we really do have to try and maximise the revenue to counter the cheap tickets for our own fans .

does anyone have an email address or direct dial for Sharon Metcalf in the Ticket Office (please pm me).

I messed up on my st forms but I will not waste another 20 mins on the phone q only to start at number 26 and still be on number 26 some 20 mins later!!

Archived