BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers Season Ticket 07/08

Season Tickets 07/08  

317 members have voted

1. 1. What will you be doing?

• I'm a non season ticket holder, but will get one.
    • I will be renewing in my current seat.
    • I will be renewing, but in another section.
    • I'm not renewing, but will go to more games.
    • I'm unable to attend Ewood, but good idea.
    • My names Vinjay I dont live in the real world

As for your posts disappearing, can you give us any clues as to where/when they were posted?

They were removed towards the end of Jan, as there were 2 pages of bitching about him being on mod watch.

Anyway, Any further discussion should be kept to the Ask Admin section, so we can keep this on the topic of season tickets.

• Replies 746
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Neil Weaver just mentioned on 606 - fame at last mate !

:lol:

And just before Neil - Paul McGarry had his email read out - complaining that there hadn't been enough media time devoted to Rovers new pricing.

After which they read quite a few of the details out, but still managed to get a negative slant on the whole thing by pointing out that whilst some home fans would see reductions of 29%, away fans would "only" see a reduction of 16%!!

You just can't win with these idiots can you?!?!

I think the news from Ewood and the board is to be highly commended. A reduction in the CIS Riverside stand of £146.00 from last season is surely more than anybody could have hoped for.

I am curious however, about going forward to future seasons. Without wishing to take anything away from these great reductions, the Rovers have for a number of seasons had a loyalty bonus on season tickets, if you had held a season ticket for at least 3 seasons. This equated to a reduction on standard prices by about £25.

Will these loyalty bonuses come back into play over the next 2 or 3 seasons or will all prices going forward be the same regardless as to how long you have held a season ticket?

During the most recent Fans Forum meeting either TF or JW commented the loyalty ticket would not be in place next season. While they did not say anything to suggest it is gone forever it's my belief that it is. The club do see a problem with new ST holders paying more than those on the loyalty price. This whole move has been about rationalising and reducing prices to make it affordable and clearer to everyone. TF/JW did indicate the club is looking at other forms of loyalty schemes but didn't expand on this. Asking new ST holders to buy for three years before getting a £25 discount is hardly an attractive marketing ploy compared with redicing prices by 25%.

Speaking personally if this means Ewood is full evry week I'm not in the slightest bit bothered about a loyalty bonus on my ST price.

Actually, in the past couple of months I've seen more ethnic minorities at the games than I think I did in the last 10 years combined. On Sunday I saw an ultra-orthodox family of muslims- about 10 of them- buying tickets. If you build it, they will come!!!

I've noticed an increase in the number of Asian faces at the matches. Young 'uns as well and some women. It's all good stuff. There was an older guy I haven't seen before sitting near us, at the Arsenal match, sporting a new Blackburn Rovers cap and thoroughly enjoying every moment.

my two renewal forms in the post today.

on the back of the "offer" I was going to upgrade from JW Upper Outer to JW Upper Centre and still save money. I have now found the next block in which was previously classed as the Centre is now JW Upper "Wings"; so I can move to better seats and pay the even lower price. :brfc:

i'm lots of quids-in on this fantastic offer and will therefore do my bit to rovers to pay them back by printing off new ST forms for 2 neighbours who dropped out of ST's at the start of last season after 20 years and 25 years respectively.

On the back of the "offer" I was going to upgrade from JW Upper Outer to JW Upper Centre and still save money. I have now found the next block in which was previously classed as the Centre is now JW Upper "Wings"; so I can move to better seats and pay the even lower price.

I bet a lot of people have not noticed this, I hadn't until your post. I have been classed as being in upper centre all these years that I have automatically paid for centre not realising that it had changed. I hope I get a rebate its another £100 saving for me and wife. Serves me right for paying on the first day.

I think that this initiative by John Williams and Blackburn is truely fantastic. I really hope to see Ewood Park come close or even sell out for the 'big matches'. The club have done all they could have done, if not more for that matter. Let's hope that the fans can give this back to the club and are not simply here for one season, but for the whole journey.

Gone could be the days when we had a luxury of buying our tickets for the game and having the freedom to sit in any of the empty seats at our own free-will, for instance if it poured down. With myself not being a season-ticket holder, I feel our branch will find it that wee bit harder to pick our own seats in a group booking.

Now we just have to wait for Stelios to reduce the prices of flying......

somewhat bizarre that I received an e-mail that EasyJet are now reducing their flight prices by 25%, but that only lasts for five days.

Onwards and Upwards.

During the most recent Fans Forum meeting either TF or JW commented the loyalty ticket would not be in place next season. While they did not say anything to suggest it is gone forever it's my belief that it is. The club do see a problem with new ST holders paying more than those on the loyalty price.

Viewed from a different perspective one could say that the new ST prices represent a 'disloyalty' bonus. :unsure:

Viewed from a different perspective one could say that the new ST prices represent a 'disloyalty' bonus. :unsure:

It depends on one's perspective I suppose. The vast majority seem delighted the club have made a dramatic move to encourage attendance. There will always be some who prefer to look for a negative aspect. The loyalty scheme was always a marketing ploy to encourage renewals, it was a good selling point at the time. Now we have a much improved offer to sell it's hardly surprising the loyalty bonus has gone. I appreciate £25 is £25 but over the season it's not a lot, most of us would probably happily pay £25 per season to see Ewood Park bursting at the seams.

The one thing that does concern me a little is the disabled reduction seems to have disappeared. This was a substantial discount, around 30% I think, and it seems a shame those supporters hae lost this benefit.

The one thing that does concern me a little is the disabled reduction seems to have disappeared. This was a substantial discount, around 30% I think, and it seems a shame those supporters hae lost this benefit.

I seem to remember hearing something along the lines that it had to be scrapped due to discrimination regulations, perhaps mum may know more on this that me?

I have to pay adult instead of young adult next year, and I'm quite happy that I only have to pay £39 more compared to my young adult ticket this season! :) absolutely fantastic offer by Williams and Blackburn Rovers! :rover:

There will always be some who prefer to look for a negative aspect.

There will but I think this time they will have to stoop particularly low because the new prices reflect a huge movement by the club in favour of the fans. Hopefully they got the balance right and made sure there's going to be enough money left over from the extra TV revenue to make up for the loss at the turnstiles with some spare for the transfer kitty. A season of premiership football for £249 (5,500 adult seats in CIS Stand at this price) - WOW!

Also, I like that there will only be two different categories of matchday prices next season and only 4 games will be in the more expensive category! So even if you paid for every game individually you could see the season for £325. Given that regulars without season tickets usually do this because they can only get to half the games, how does £170 for 10 games compare to what some spent on the same number of games in previous seasons?

I often complain that the club are rubbish at getting information out and I hoped that publishing the FF minutes and BRISA in general could address thia, but it seems it's not working.

This is from the minutes of the last FF minutes (published on both here and the official site) and republished on our own front page as part of news article on reduced ST prices ....

"...The club were not planning to continue the current loyalty scheme to protect value for season ticket holders but were planning a new points loyalty scheme based on total spend but the introduction was dependent on upgraded technology which may not be immediately available....."

I was seriously considering not renewing my season ticket (of nearly 20 years) next season, due to several reasons being cost, difficulty getting to games and issues with the club and away travel.

But following the commitment by Rovers to lowering season ticket prices encouraging bigger gates, I will now be renewing.

Well Done & Thank You Rovers.

Well done Rovers.

Some ten years ago I speculated that the TV money would lead to reduced prices for going to games and now it is finally happening.

Encouraging to see it being so warmly welcomed by the fans.

It is going to increase the gap between Premiership and the other divisions which I believe are seeing a reduction in gates this year after a long good run of rising attendances. The surreal announcement by West Brom that season ticket prices would be cut by 25% IF they win promotion to the Premiership just shows the upside down logic.

It seems that a Premiership half division is going to be formed by the yoyo clubs who will have parachute payments for two seasons to sustain them during which their resources will be massively ahead of anything else in the Championship. For the first time in years, the three relegated clubs are mounting a serious bid to get back to the Prem at first time of asking so the Managements are learning what is needed to be done following relegation. In these circumstances, the third season down is the one that will feel like the real relegation and banishment to the outer recesses.

Where this all leaves Leeds' accounts where Ken Bates has gone for price raking the fans and are now looking at dropping to the third tier is anyone's guess. Will Bates charge appreciably more for watching Hartlepool in a league game than Rovers charge for watching Spurs for instance?

Another delicious irony. Bolton gatecrashed the Rovers' story by getting in first with announcing ST price cuts. Now it all looks horribly pear shaped for them as they survey a 10% reduction in gate receipts and their fans moaning at them because Rovers have gone for a 25% cut.

They will get as much benefit from the 10% cut as they got from belatedly selling cheaper tickets to Rovers fans yesterday- thousands of empty seats.

I often complain that the club are rubbish at getting information out and I hoped that publishing the FF minutes and BRISA in general could address thia, but it seems it's not working.

I've come to the conclusion football fans read what they want to read rather than what is actually said. ;)

Very good offer. I finish uni this time and will be moving home. Will I be right in thinking that at age 21 I will still be entitled to a young adult?

If you are still 21 on the 31st August then yes

Archived