BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers Season Ticket 07/08

Season Tickets 07/08  

317 members have voted

1. 1. What will you be doing?

• I'm a non season ticket holder, but will get one.
    • I will be renewing in my current seat.
    • I will be renewing, but in another section.
    • I'm not renewing, but will go to more games.
    • I'm unable to attend Ewood, but good idea.
    • My names Vinjay I dont live in the real world

Well I sit in row 30, and there's two young lads sit next to us who go absolutely MENTAL every game, I'm the one who's had the heart attack but one of these lads will soon be joining me!!

Bloody Hell ! Glad to hear you're still with us and I hope you're on the way to recovery. Yes there are two lads on the row behind (someone in their late teens and his little brother) who do make enough noise for half the stand. It amuses me that for people whoa are so pationate they've never bothered to learn the words to most of the songs and are quite happy to go off on their own little way ("One Simon Gardener" indeed and I'm sure in "When The Saints Go Marching in" they sing "I wanna be in McDonalds"). You've got to admire them for trying I guess.

• Replies 746
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cletus is currently in the process of badgering his two Rovers companions to join him in becoming new season-ticket holders. All 3 of us work different shifts to each other, but my line of persuation is.....If we buy 3 season tickets/seats together & one or more of us cannot make a particular game then the remaining attendees will take another person along to the game & re-imburse the non-attendee financially ;)

...we are looking at the Riverside towards the darwen end, as we`ve previously found it can have a better atnosphere than the BBE at times.

Just thought I'd share this with all of you...

I was at Ewood today getting a season ticket for my son, when a guy came up to the window next to me and explained that he's a Man Utd fan, who's on the waiting list for a season ticket at OT, but since he's not getting to see any footy at the mo' he was wanting to buy a season ticket for the rovers seeing as how they were so reasonably priced!!

So it would seem that this price initiative by Rovers is being successful at attracting the floating fan. :tu::brfc::tu:

Serious? Now that is suprising!

Not hugely. Down here, loads of London Mancs used to have season tickets to Wimbledon, Palace, Charlton etc. This allowed them to see football when they couldn't get to Scum HQ, and to get to see their team at least twice a season.

Guess it's the same up there now, too.

Just seen a prolonged feature on BBC1 news about Villa reducing their prices by 5% - yes, 5%, whereas we managed virtually no coverage of a 25% reduction. I hope Williams Snr is giving Williams Jnr a hard time on of PR abilities - lack thereof

As well as potting PAPR for their lack of PR.....

Just seen a prolonged feature on BBC1 news about Villa reducing their prices by 5% - yes, 5%, whereas we managed virtually no coverage of a 25% reduction. I hope Williams Snr is giving Williams Jnr a hard time on of PR abilities - lack thereof

It might not have made the news over in Ontario but, I can assure you, it has been in the media quite a bit over here. Albeit after a bit of a slow start as Bolton tried to steal our thunder.

Could have been better but overall a bit of a success on the PR front.

Im thinking of getting a season ticket for next season but wont have anyone to go with as none of my mates support Blackburn. Is it worth it on my todd?

I'd say so. It's what I did the xmas before last. I've since got to know the people sat near me and they're a fine bunch of folks.

Im thinking of getting a season ticket for next season but wont have anyone to go with as none of my mates support Blackburn. Is it worth it on my todd?

You should join the North Lancs Branch of the Rovers Supporters club. I've been to one or two of their functions (usually held in Morecambe) and they seem a good bunch of dedicated Roverites. I've noticed that they have also run coaches to several away games in the past.

I'm moving back from uni in the summer so getting a season ticket next year. My dad went down to reserve me and my mate two seats. Does anybody know how long the club reserve seats before you get your forms in? Cheers

• 2 weeks later...

Driving into Preston this morning along Leyland Road and was amazed to see a large advert for Rovers season tickets (Over 5,000 @ £249) by the Bridge Inn. Cue angry letters to the Evening Post from North End fans.....

Great to see that Rovers are spreading their net wide in the search for new fans.

Archived