BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Fa Cup Semi-final .

• Replies 476
  • Created
  • Last Reply

well, this is it. Biggest game of the season. Not just because we can get into europe, not just because we'll get to open up Wembley, but if we can do it it will really shows this team can do special things.

It's obvious who the strong favourites are, but Sparky must get the absolute best from our players, we must produce a heroic performance and we can do it. On our day we're good enough to beat anyone. :rover: :rover: :rover:

One tactic though we must look into is, if the game is still undecided by the 89th minute, to jam everyone behind the goaline and not give any space for the ball to the squeeze through. I'm not even exaggerating. Because I don't know how else we're gonna stop Chelsea's inevitable half-way line magical thunderbolts.

One tactic though we must look into is, if the game is still undecided by the 89th minute, to jam everyone behind the goaline and not give any space for the ball to the squeeze through. I'm not even exaggerating. Because I don't know how else we're gonna stop Chelsea's inevitable half-way line magical thunderbolts.

The answer is: Big Brad. If he is on top form, no team in the country can pass him.

If we had been playing Tottenham, Everton or Boro in the semi's then defeat would get to me greatly. However the 'common sense' part of my brain has been banging on at me that we will inevitably lose this one so as long as it's not in controversial circumstances I should take defeat quite well as I did against the Arse at the Millenium. That doesn't mean that somewhere part of me doesn't still believe though.

Do we know who the ref is?

Alan Wiley. Could be worse - Webb's doing Utd v Watford.

Hmmmm! I wouldn't have minded having Webb for this one; he knows he owes us one, big time!

Oh yes and perhaps a certain Mr Devine on the line as well. ;)

:rover: 17,000 in the telewag :brfc:

Pathetic.

More proof, if it were needed, that the people in this area simply do no deserve a club of the stature of Blackburn Rovers.

What will the players think when they walk out at o.t. ans see vast areas of empty seats? Yet another nationwide embarassment.

I had genuine hopes of 25k plus. How naive of me. The apathy of people in the Blackburn area no bounds.

They are an absolute f*****g disgrace.

Pathetic.

More proof, if it were needed, that the people in this area simply do no deserve a club of the stature of Blackburn Rovers.

What will the players think when they walk out at o.t. ans see vast areas of empty seats? Yet another nationwide embarassment.

I had genuine hopes of 25k plus. How naive of me. The apathy of people in the Blackburn area no bounds.

Before you spout off like a big girl maybe you should find out what the actual sales are. Most people yesterday were saying we were approaching 25k and Waggy's not exactly the most reliable source of information on here.

Before you spout off like a big girl maybe you should find out what the actual sales are. Most people yesterday were saying we were approaching 25k and Waggy's not exactly the most reliable source of information on here.

Excuse me for being emotional.

The Telegraph is usually a reliable source of information on Rovers.

Whether or not you disagreed/disliked my last post was there really any need for personal abuse?

What makes you so sure it's apathy Mike?

What about the financial side?

I know two guys who CAN'T go, simply because they can't afford £45, and didn't have the funds when the £25 tickets were available. Both these guys have been to all the big games in the last 20 years, but due to circumstances beyond their control, they will be watching on TV.

Excuse me for being emotional.

The Telegraph is usually a reliable source of information on Rovers.

Whether or not you disagreed/disliked my last post was there really any need for personal abuse?

Have you actually read in the Telegraph that we've only sold 17k tickets?

Or did you just make a ridiculous, uneducated outburst based on Waggy's post?

As for the personal abuse - if you take that as personal abuse then you must be a very sensitive flower.

****WELL BIG HELP REQUIRED PLEASE****

got my tickets today :) whoooop whoooop!!!!

so excited, it's going to be a well good day fairplay :brfc:

The Plan:

i'm leaving sunny south west Wales at around 5am Sunday morning, looking to get into Manchester by around 11ish. Would it be better to drive through Welsh mountains or take the motorway?

Parking? anyone got any bright ideas? prices? maps? etc...

Pubs? i've only been to Manchester a few times and the only pubs i know are the trafford and weatherspoons. As we should be there by 11, we have got at least a 4 hour pub crawl, love it all! Any members of the board meeting up or have a pub route plan? i don't know if we have been allocated pubs and bars or if we are sharing with chelsea?

all answers gratefully recieved.

look out for the presty on tour banner!!!! it's all tidy and famous!!!!

have an awesome days folks :rover:

Pathetic.

Maybe some fans can't afford to go as someone has said, or maybe it's the fact that we just don't have the numbers? If you want to support a club with loads of fans why don't you trot down the motorway and support that Red Shyte?

It has also been widely reported that Chelsea are having similar problems shifting tickets. Yes fair enough there are issues with travelling, but then again Chelsea have at least 5 times as many fans as we do, not including all those dirty blue Samsung shirts that have been sprouting up around Lancashire in the past couple of years.

****WELL BIG HELP REQUIRED PLEASE****

got my tickets today :) whoooop whoooop!!!!

so excited, it's going to be a well good day fairplay :brfc:

The Plan:

i'm leaving sunny south west Wales at around 5am Sunday morning, looking to get into Manchester by around 11ish. Would it be better to drive through Welsh mountains or take the motorway?

Parking? anyone got any bright ideas? prices? maps? etc...

Pubs? i've only been to Manchester a few times and the only pubs i know are the trafford and weatherspoons. As we should be there by 11, we have got at least a 4 hour pub crawl, love it all! Any members of the board meeting up or have a pub route plan? i don't know if we have been allocated pubs and bars or if we are sharing with chelsea?

all answers gratefully recieved.

look out for the presty on tour banner!!!! it's all tidy and famous!!!!

have an awesome days folks :rover:

There's quite a few of us getting into manchester around 10/11 am. I think we're going to be drinking around picadilly/deansgate to begin with and then get the tran to old trafford a bit later on.

Does anyone have any idea what time pubs open on a sunday?

is it still 11 or has it changed with the new laws?

Presty you won't struggle for parking around OT. Trafford Park is basically a huge industrial estate and lots of the units open up on match days for about a fiver. You could also try towards to Salford Quays area as there are also a few eating places such as Frankie and Bennies and Arbuckles, that sort of thing.

There are a quite a few pubs on and around Chester Road such as the Trafford Tavern and the Bishops Blaize which are usually members only on match days. Anyone know the score with these on Sunday?

Archived